This article explains how the CSMs can send emails using any email template from Cockpit (within a CTA), without applying a playbook. To allow CSMs to send Ad-Hoc emails from Cockpit, admins must first configure an email template, and then CSMs can select the email template to associate with the email task. For information on how to configure email tasks, refer Configure Emails to Send from Cockpit.
Send Ad-Hoc Emails from Cockpit
Send Email feature allows the CSMs to send emails using any email template in a CTA, without applying a playbook. For example, a Sales Representative will call the customer to discuss the renewal, and based on interaction, they must send out a follow-up email.
Sending emails from cockpit can be enabled or disabled based on the CSM’s requirements in the Email Configuration page.
To enable this functionality:
- Navigate to Administration > Email Configuration.
- Click the COMPLIANCE tab.
- Turn on the Allow sending emails directly from CTA's toggle button.
- Click Save.
The advantages of sending emails from Cockpit are:
- Email Task will be created within the CTA which allows for better tracking.
- CSMs can use Email Analytics.
- Email and its attachments are automatically logged to Timeline.
The following are the supported attachment file types; jpg, jpeg, gif, png, bmp, pdf, doc, docx, txt, ppt, pptx, xls, xlsx, and csv. The number of emails and the attachment size limits to be synced are based on the Timeline Activities limits. For more information, refer to the Log Customer Emails as Timeline Activities article.
Note: If the size and number of attachments synced are higher than the permissible limits, the system automatically selects the random attachments as per the limit. An email notification is sent to the concerned user about the number of attachments skipped, but not the exact names of attachments.
After the admin configures an email template, CSMs can select the template and send it, while working on a CTA. For detailed instructions on how admins configure email templates, refer to the Create Email Templates article.
- Multi-variant templates are not supported while sending emails from Cockpit using Send Email feature. Only English variant templates are supported. In case, if you want to send out an email in a different language using Send Email feature from Cockpit, you can follow the workaround explained in the below-mentioned use case.
- In the Email Templates page, for example, users must create a template in the Japanese language separately and then use that particular template while sending emails to Japanese customers using the Email Assist feature.
- In the case of Survey templates, users must create a survey also in the Japanese language. Then only users can access that survey in Japanese.
- Users cannot resolve tokens in email templates using lookup fields in the Person object. As a walk around, users can directly resolve the tokens using a Person object. For example, users can resolve tokens using Company Person > Person > First Name instead of Company Person > Person ID > First Name.
To send email from Cockpit:
- Navigate to Cockpit > List.
- Click the CTA Name from which you want to send an email or associate an email task.
- Click the three dots on the upper right corner of the CTA Detail View.
- Click Send Email.
- Search for the contact to whom the email has to be sent.
- Select the email template from the Template dropdown list.
Note: Admins can control over which email templates can be accessed by CSMs when they are using the Send Email option. For more information on how to restrict, refer to Restrict Email Templates Available in Send Email Service section.
You can see the Reports and Surveys tokens are automatically mapped with the values, if the selected email template has a default mapping. For more information on how to configure Default Mapping, refer Configure Email Templates.
The following image shows the Default Values displayed for Surveys and Reports, when CSMs choose to send email via Send Email option.
- You can also edit/delete a token, if you wish to, before sending out an email.
- If a token in the email is unresolved, CSM has to manually delete the token before sending out the email. Otherwise, you will not be able to send out the email.
Limitation: When sending an email, the CC and BCC recipients will only receive one copy of the email which could be of any random recipient and not the copies for all the recipients, if:
There are multiple recipients in the TO list
One or more recipients in the CC/BCC list
The subject of an email is the same
The body does not contain any Reports
As a walk around, use tokens in the subject of the email to differentiate the recipients to receive a copy for every TO recipient.
- Click PREVIEW AND PROCEED. Preview Email window appears.
Based on the contacts chosen, the tokens are replaced with the correct values.
Note: Once you send out an email, an email task is created in a CLOSED state, for tracking purposes. If the email is left in draft mode, the email task is created in an OPEN state.
Restrict Email Templates Available in Send Email Service
Admins can control over which email templates can be accessed by CSMs when they are using the Send Email option. To restrict Email Templates, Admins can use the Available to Users toggle option in the Email template page. When ‘Available to Users’ toggle is ON, then that email template is available for users to select while using the Send Email option from Cockpit.
By default, all templates are displayed to users while using the Send Email option. The admin has to manually revoke access in order to restrict the relevant templates to CSMs.
Admins can also use bulk actions on the Email Templates page to allow or restrict access to selected email templates for users. Once the admin selects more than one template, the following options appear:
- Available to Users: If this option is selected, the selected templates are available while using the Send Email option.
- Not Available to Users: If this option is selected, the selected templates are not available while using the Send Email option.
- When copying/pasting into an email, highlight the font & re-size to ensure best results.
- CC yourself to get a copy of the email in your personal email (you can also ask your Admin to add an email address to Admin > Email Configuration > Compliance to receive BCC's of all Cockpit emails).
- Type an email signature if you’re interacting with someone that you don’t very often (custom signatures are not possible currently).
- Only Task owners can send email tasks, but you can easily re-assign task owners as needed.
|NPS, Net Promoter, and Net Promoter Score are registered trademarks of Satmetrix Systems, Inc., Bain & Company and Fred Reichheld.|