This article explains you the process of migrating Custom picklists using X-Org tool. X-Org is Gainsight's migration tool which can be used to migrate data from a source object to a target object. (Source object can be a sandbox org and target object can be a production org). To learn more about the X-Org tool refer the Cross-Org Migration article.
You can migrate Survey 2.0 and its corresponding Layout from a source org to a target org.
Migrate Custom Picklists
To Migrate Custom picklists using X-Org tool:
- Navigate to Administration > X-Org Migration.
- Select New Migration from the ADD MIGRATION menu.
- Enter a name for the Migration.
- Enter the credentials of the target org.
- Click AUTHENTICATE.
- The Run Delta Process window is displayed. Click RUN, to run the delta process or click CANCEL, to continue with the migration process. The Delta Process will compare your source org (Sandbox) to your target org (Production) and show you the differences and what needs to be migrated.
- (Optional) Select an entity type from the Select Entity Type dropdown menu. All the assets related to selected entity type are displayed.
- (Optional) Select the checkbox for the assets to be migrated.
- Click CONTINUE. The Configurations window is displayed
- Expand Picklist MDA and click Picklist MDA. You can view a list of Picklist items which are migrated and yet to be migrated.
- Select the Picklist MDA check box. All the picklists are selected. You can clear the check box for the picklists which are already migrated.
- Click CONTINUE.
- (Optional) Select the Objects to be migrated.
- Click CONTINUE.
- Ensure that all the assets selected for migration are displayed. In this case, Countries is picklist selected for migration.
- Click MIGRATE. The Migrate window is displayed.
- (Optional) Select the Test Run check box to perform a test migration.
- (Optional) Select the Send Copy of Migration Status Email check box and provide recipient Email IDs to whom the migration results must be mailed.
- Click MIGRATE. The migration process starts.