Tutorial: Hierarchical reporting using Data Spaces
In this tutorial, you will create a hierarchical report using a Data Space. The CustomerInfo object contains fields about the CSMs and their managers within a reporting chain. Using the CustomerInfo object, a Data Space is created with all the manager fields, and then this data space is used in creating a report to filter data based on a specific region, team or reporting chain.
To create a data space with hierarchical reporting:
- Navigate to Administration > Data Spaces.
- Create a new data space using the Customer Info as the source object.
- Add the following fields:
- NPS® Score
- Renewal Date
- Orig. Contr. Date
- Full Name (Customer Info → Account → CSM) labelled as Manager 1
- Full Name (Customer Info → Account → CSM → Manager ID) labelled as Manager 2
- Full Name (Customer Info → Account → CSM → Manager ID → Manager ID) labelled as Manager 3
- Full Name (Customer Info → Account → CSM → Manager ID → Manager ID → Manager ID) labelled as Manager 4
- Account Name
- Click SAVE. Provide the name for the data space; for example Regional Manager Reporting.
- Go to Administration > Report Builder.
- Create a new report using the new data space source you created (eg. Regional Manager Reporting).
- Add ARR and NPS® Score in the Show me fields.
- Add Region to the By field.
- Add Manager 4 as the filter field and type the current user name. The report will be filtered based on the CSM selected in the Filter area.
|NPS, Net Promoter, and Net Promoter Score are registered trademarks of Satmetrix Systems, Inc., Bain & Company and Fred Reichheld.|