IMPORTANT NOTE: Gainsight is upgrading Connectors 2.0 with Horizon Experience. This article applies to tenants which have been upgraded to the Horizon Experience for Connectors 2.0. If you are using Connectors 2.0 with the previous version, you can find the documentation here.
This article explains how to create a connection from your Gainsight org to your S3 bucket.
Amazon S3 bucket is a database used to store CSV/TSV data files. When a connection to your S3 bucket is established from your Gainsight org, you can fetch data from these files into Gainsight objects.
This article explains how to create a connection from your Gainsight org to your S3 bucket. An S3 connection helps you fetch data in the CSV/TSV file from the Amazon S3 bucket into Gainsight objects.
Fetch data into Gainsight objects, using Rules Engine or Adoption Explorer as shown below:
- Use a Connection to your S3 bucket as a source while configuring S3 File Configuration in the S3 Dataset. After creating the dataset, Admins can set up actions on the S3 dataset to load data into Gainsight objects. For more information on the S3 Dataset configuration, refer to the S3 Dataset Task in Rules Engine in the Additional Resource section at the end of this article.
- Use source type as Amazon S3 and an established S3 Connection in the Connectors 2.0 page to fetch usage data stored in the CSV/TSV file in your S3 bucket and load them to the respective Gainsight objects.
Create a dataset in Data Designer, using data stored in the CSV/TSV files from the source S3 bucket, connected through an S3 connection.
Create an S3 Connection
This section describes procedural steps involved in creating a connection from a Gainsight org to your S3 bucket.
To create an S3 connection from Gainsight to your S3 bucket:
- Navigate to Administration > Connectors 2.0 > CONNECTIONS.
- Click Create Connection. Create Connection dialog appears.
- From the drop-down menu, select the connector.
Enter the details in the following fields:
- Connection Name: Example, My S3 Custom Bucket.
- Credentials of your S3 bucket like Bucket Name, Access Key, and Security Token. Ensure that you enter valid credentials to establish an S3 connection.
- Click TEST CONNECTION to validate the S3 connection. If the credentials of your S3 bucket are correct and valid, it displays the success message, Connection Successful. If not, it displays an error message, Connection failed.
- Click CREATE. A connection to your S3 bucket is established successfully.
You can now configure an S3 Dataset in a Rule or Data Designer and load usage data into Gainsight through Adoption Explorer, from the established S3 connection. For more information on the S3 Dataset configuration, refer to the S3 Dataset Task in Bionic Rules and Use Data from Amazon S3 in Data Designer in the Additional Resource section at the end of this article. For more information on the Adoption Explorer configuration on S3 connection, refer to the Configure Adoption Explorer Objects in the Additional Resource section at the end of this article.