Generate API Access Key
This article explains how Admins can generate the Gainsight API access key.
Admins can create only 1 Access key per org and it does not expire. Gainsight authenticates the REST API requests by verifying this access key and if the authentication succeeds, access to the Gainsight platform is granted to developers through REST APIs.
You can reset the existing access key anytime, but the new access key should be replaced in the headers of all future API requests.
Gainsight API Access key is a unique access key used for authentication of the Gainsight REST API requests. Gainsight Admins can generate the API key and is consumed by the developers to pass the key in the request header “Access Key” for all the API requests to Gainsight.
Generate Access Key
To generate the Access key:
- Navigate to the Administration > Connectors 2.0 > Connections page.
- Click Create Connection. The Create Connection dialog appears.
- From the Connector dropdown list, select Gainsight API.
- Click Generate Access Key.
A new access key is generated that you can copy and use as authentication for all of the REST API requests to Gainsight
Edit Gainsight API Connection
Once the connection is established, Admins can edit the Gainsight API Connection to reset the existing API access key.
To reset the existing API access key:
- Click the Context Menu of the created Connection and select Edit Connection. The Edit Connection dialog appears.
- Click Reset Access Key to generate a new access key.
- Click Yes on the confirmation message.
A new access key is generated that you can copy and use as authentication for all of the future REST API requests to Gainsight.
Note: New access key should be replaced in the headers of all the future API requests. If it is not replaced, all of the future API requests to the specific Gainsight org will fail.