When you click the Cockpit tab, the default view displayed is the List view. The List view provides the primary workspace for CSMs to manage their Calls to Action (CTAs) and Tasks. Alternatively, CSMs can view the same information in the Calendar View or if the Cockpit is configured as its own section in C360, CSMs can work on individual customer's CTAs and tasks there.
Cockpit Display Options
The following options are included in the top header:
- CTA Filters or Views
- Search CTA box
- Group CTA by list
- Sort CTA by list
- Add CTA
- Filter: Includes default filters for Assignee, Snoozed, Status Report Category, Flagged, Priority, Reason, and CTA Type (Flagged CTAs are also known as Important CTAs)
- List View/Calendar View options
- Activity drafts
- Export CTAs option
CTA Filters or Views
- All CTAs: Consists of all CTAs.
- My CTAs: Consists of CTAs assigned to the logged in user.
Note: The CTAs in which one of the tasks is assigned to the logged-in user are also displayed in this view. But this is not applicable, if there are more than one Assignee fields in the filter.
- Gainsight Recommended CTAs: Consists of CTAs recommended by Gainsight for the logged in user. This view makes Cockpit more manageable and provides a clear starting point. These CTAs are prioritized based on the analysis of various parameters (listed below). Also, the newly added field GS Score generated based on these parameters helps in prioritizing the CTAs and displaying them accordingly. Refer to the following table:
|Parameter||Description||Contribution towards GS Score|
|Account/Relationship overall Health Score||Only Account Scores with ScoreID populated in CustomerInfo are considered||Lower Score - High Priority|
|Account ARR/MRR||Determined based on whichever is used||Higher Values - High Priority|
|Account Renewal Date||Days from Renewal Date||Lower Values - High Priority|
|NPS® Score||Average of Last 6 Months||Lower Values - High Priority|
|CTA Due Date||Days from Due Date||Lower Values - High Priority|
|CTA Priority||-||Higher Values - High Priority|
GS Score is updated every day and CTAs are prioritized accordingly. CTAs can also be sorted based on GS Score using the Sort By option.
The following three fields that store Gainsight recommended information are also added as a part of the analysis of parameters mentioned above:
- GS Score Reason - The reason for which the score is assigned to a CTA.
- GS Score Updated On - The date on which GS score is updated.
- GS Recommended - For CTAs recommended by Gainsight, this flag is set to true.
- A maximum of 20 CTAs are populated in this view.
- The following criteria is considered to display CTAs in this view:
- Snoozed CTAs are not displayed
- CTAs with Reporting Category - ‘Open’ are displayed
- CTAs that are overdue for more than 7 days are not displayed
Type a customer name or keyword from the CTA subject and click enter.
Filters and List View Columns
Click the Filter icon on the right. You can see two tabs:
- It has default filter options. Click +FILTER to add fields, operators, and values based on your requirements. You can see following default filter options:
- Assignee: Displays current user name by default. You can change the assignee to another user or all users. You can select the checkbox next to user name to include CTAs without assignees.
- Snoozed: Select the checkbox to include snoozed CTAs in the list view.
- Status Report Category: Select one or multiple status report categories to include respective CTAs in the list view. Each status is mapped to one status report category. The available status report categories in filter are Open, Closed Won, and Closed Lost.
- Flagged: Select the checkbox to include important CTAs in the list view.
- Priority: Select one or multiple CTA priorities to include in the list view.
- Reason: Select one or multiple CTA reasons to include in the list view.
- CTA Type: Select one or multiple CTA types to include in the list view.
- Gainsight Recommended: Select the check-box to filter the CTAs recommended by Gainsight.
Note: This flag is displayed for Gainsight Recommended view, by default.
- APPLY: When you click this button, filters on the existing view are applied for the current session.
- SAVE AS NEW: When you click, filters on the existing/new view are saved, and users should assign View Name for the session.
- To remove a filter, click the icon X next to the filter and click APPLY.
- Click +ADD to add up to six fields. By default, ASV, Renewal Date, Account Rating, Annual Revenue, Year Started and MRR fields are included in the CTA list view and will be replaced with the ones that you select. For more information, refer Create Custom Views in Cockpit.
Note: You can only see all 6 list view fields if you set your browser resolution to 1920. Click Browser Resolutions to learn how the view varies based on various browser resolutions.
- To remove a column, click the icon X next to the column and click APPLY.
- APPLY: When you click this button, columns on the existing view are applied for the current session.
- SAVE AS NEW: When you click, columns on the existing/new view are saved, and users should assign View Name for the session.
The number of columns you see in the Cockpit, C360 and R360 > Cockpit list view varies according to your browser resolution.
When your browser resolution criteria matches with the number of columns added, you can see all the columns in the Cockpit list view. When your browser resolution criteria doesn’t match with the number of columns added, the columns added first will appear in the Cockpit list view.
Resolution Criteria for Cockpit list view
Listed below are the browser resolutions required for List View Columns in Cockpit tab.
|Resolution||List Columns||List Columns
(When a CTA detail view is open)
|1024 & 1260 (iPads)||2||0|
For example, if your browser resolution is 1600, and you have added 6 Columns, you can only see 4 List Columns in the Cockpit list view, and 2 List Columns when a CTA detail view is open.
Resolution Criteria for C360 and R360 > Cockpit list view
Listed below are the browser resolutions required for List View Columns in C360 and R360 > Cockpit pages.
|Resolution||List Columns||List Columns
(When a CTA detail view is open)
|1024 & 1260 (iPads)||2||0|
For example, if your browser resolution is 1920, and you have added 6 Columns, you can see 6 List Columns in the Cockpit list view, and 0 List Columns when a CTA detail view is open.
Note: The above scenario is applicable to List View Columns in R360 > Cockpit page also.
- Created Date (New) has three different groups showing CTAs: CTAs created 'Today', in the 'Last 7 Days', and CTAs that are 'Older than 7 Days'.
- Due Date (Due) has four different groups showing CTAs: 'Overdue', due 'Today', due in the 'Next 7 Days', and 'Upcoming'.
- CTAs with Overdue tasks will show up in the Overdue group even if the CTA itself is not overdue.
- When grouped by Due Date, closed CTAs are not displayed even though they are filtered.
- You can group multiple CTAs by customer.
- Type groups the different types of CTAs together.
- Status allows for CTAs with the same status to be grouped together.
- Priority allows for CTAs with the same priorities to be grouped together.
- Reason allows for CTAs with the same reasons to be grouped together.
- Source allows for the different CTA sources to be grouped together (Manual, Rules, Survey).
- Relationship allows for CTAs with the same Relationship type to be grouped together.
- All shows all CTAs. The All option will remove the grouping and default to Sort By.
Options include Due Date, Age, Priority, Name, Customer, Health Score, and GS Score.
- Health Score is displayed only when SFDC Scorecards are enabled.
- Fields configured for list view configuration are displayed here
Perform the following steps to add a CTA.
- In Cockpit, click +CTA. Add CTA dialog appears.
- Enter the following details:
Depending on Entity you select, CTA Type & Associate contact are available:
- Associate contacts
- CTA Type
Depending on CTA type selected, the following fields can selected:
- Due Date
- SAVE to save the CTA or
- SAVE AND NEW to save this CTA and create a new CTA or
This option shows all the activity drafts which were started but not logged in CTA detail view > Timeline. Users can open an activity draft, edit, and log into CTA detail view > Timeline from here.
Note: Click the Information icon to see Account name, Relationship Name (if any) and CTA Name.
Click the export icon in the far right to:
- Export CTAs
- Export Tasks
- Export Both
Export will be based on the filter applied from filters section and client side filters (Filters on the strip like CTA Type, Severity, Owner etc...) will not be honored. All the details visible in Cockpit along with fields added to the summary section from Account and/or customer info object will be included in the export. Chatter feed will not be included in the export. Files will be exported as comma separated values (.csv).
Additional List View Options
From the list view, you can also:
- Check the box to mark a CTA with Default Closed as Configured in Admin. Closed CTAs are still visible in Cockpit (unless refreshed)
- Click the Important flag to mark CTA as important items. Important flags are marked in blue.
- See which CTAs are overdue. If the CTA is not overdue, but an associated task is, there will be a special icon to show that the CTA is trending toward overdue.
- Click the # of Tasks to see associated tasks and mark tasks as complete. If you click on a task name, you will see task detail view.
- Users can manually sync tasks to Salesforce using the Sync to Salesforce option in Cockpit. You can click the Sync to Salesforce or Desync from Salesforce option as needed for individual tasks.
Note: When Auto-sync is enabled, notes or comments in the Tasks will sync over to SFDC, but this ability is not available in CTAs.
CTA Detail View and Task Detail View
You can attach multiple files from Salesforce or your computer in the CTA detail view and share the files with a specific group, per your org's chatter group configuration. For more information about how to use the CTA detail view and task detail view, refer Using Call to Action (CTA) & Task Detail Views.
Note: The file size must not exceed 2 GB.
When a CTA is added or updated, an email notification can be sent to the owner. To learn more about notifications, refer Configure Internal User Email Notifications.
|NPS, Net Promoter, and Net Promoter Score are registered trademarks of Satmetrix Systems, Inc., Bain & Company and Fred Reichheld.|