When accessing the Cockpit tab, you may encounter an issue where it fails to load, and instead shows the following error message:
Status: Request failed
Message: Didn’t understand relationship ‘CS_Manager_r’ in field path. If you are attempting to use a custom relationship, be sure to append the ‘_r’ after the custom relationship name. Please reference your WSOL or the describe call for the appropriate names.
This is illustrated below:
This can occur when a field used in Cockpit filters is deleted. Whenever a user applies filters on the Cockpit tab, these details will be saved in the “User State Preservation” object. If a field’s information that is saved in the “User State Preservation” is deleted, users will see the above error. Typically these fields will only have been deleted if they have purposely been removed from their associated object by an administrator.
Note : In this example we are using the field “CS Manager” on the Account object.
1. Navigate to the Report Builder and create a report as shown below.
- Source object : User State Preservation
- Show fields : Id, Area Name, User Name, Server Side Filters.
- Filters : Area Name = Cockpit, User Name : Logged in User Name
2. Verify if the fields mentioned (CS Manager) in “Server Side Filters” are available in the objects specified (Account). You will see that field is deleted from the object (Account).
3. Within the report, copy the ID of the record.
4. Paste this record ID in the URL.
5. Delete the record or remove the reference to the deleted field from filters applied to the Cockpit list view, and navigate to the Cockpit tab. The Cockpit page should load without any issue.