Trigger CTA When Contact Clicks Email Link
You can use Gainsight’s CoPilot module to send automated emails to your customers. These mails can contain general notifications, important information, surveys, or any other business communication. You can also include hyperlinks in these mails, which take the customer to your business sites for information on your products. When you include a hyperlink in a mail and the customer clicks the embedded link, its an indication that the customer is potentially interested in your product or services and must be contacted immediately. But how will you know if a customer has opened a hyperlink or not?
This tutorial guides you to build a rule, that triggers a new CTA when a Contact clicks a link in an email. This rule will execute at the end of the day, everyday in order to capture all the clicks. This rule creates a single CTA per Account, even if a Contact(s) clicks a link multiple times.
Note: Additionally, a Gainsight administrator can create a playbook which instructs CSMs to handle CTAs, created as a result of this rule.
Setting up the Rule
Navigate to Administration > Rules Engine.
Click + RULE.
Select the Bionic rule type.
Create the rule for an Account.
Provide a name for the rule in Rule Name box
Provide a detailed description of the rule in Description box.
- Click DATASET TASK.
- Enter a name in the Task Name field, on the left pane.
- Select Matrix Data as the source to fetch data.
- Select Email Logs as the source object.
- In the Show section, add:
- Click Count
- Account Name
- Account Id
- Contact Name
- Contact Id
- In the Filters section, add:
- Click Count
- Clicked On
- >= and specify 1, for Click Count field.
- = and Rule Date, for Clicked On field.
This rule will be scheduled to run at 23.59 hours daily (see 'Scheduling the Rule' section), to ensure that a CTA is created for all the email clicks throughout the day.
- Click SAVE.
Setting up Rule Action
- Click + ACTION.
- Select Call To Action in the Action Type drop-down menu.
- Select Activity as the CTA Type.
- Select High as CTA Priority.
- Select New as CTA Status.
- Specify your name in the Default Owner field.
- Select the other values as required.
Scheduling the Rule
- Click Schedule.
Note: This example rule is triggered everyday at 12.59 hours for the entire month of June 2018. However, you can schedule this rule for longer time periods as well.
- Set the schedule values as shown in the below screenshot.
The digits in the above screenshot depict the following:
- 1 - The rule is set to run daily
- 2 - The rule runs on weekends as well.
- 3 - The rule starts execution from 1st June 2018.
- 4 - The rule does not execute after 30th June 2018.
- 5 and 6 - The rule starts execution at 23:59 hrs.
- 7 - The rule follows the America/LosAngeles time zone.
- Click START.
Note: Optionally, you can also you can set up an Email ID in the Send notification email area. This Email ID receives a mail whenever this rule succeeds or fails.