SWOT is an acronym that stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats. This process helps the management team identify internal and external factors that might affect the company’s ability to achieve a goal. It also helps in developing strong business strategies by making sure that you have considered all potential externalities.
In Gainsight, SWOT can be used as an effective tool in two scenarios:
- Account Planning or Goal Setting
- Overall Customer Analysis
For more information about SWOT Analysis, refer to the blog post Get Strategic with SWOT Analysis. Below are the steps to configure SWOT CTA Types in Gainsight:
Step 1: Add Custom Fields to the CTA Object ‘Call To Action’ in Salesforce
To add the custom fields to the CTA Object ‘Call To Action’ in Salesforce:
- Go to Setup > Create > Objects.
- Select custom object ‘Call To Action’.
- Add four new custom fields: Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats in the ‘Call To Action’ object. Data type = Long Text Area.
For more information on how to create custom fields in Salesforce objects, refer to the Salesforce article Create Custom Objects and Fields.
Step 2: Add New CTA Type for SWOT
To add new CTA Type for SWOT:
2. In the 'Call to action type' section, click + Add Type.
3. Enter the name SWOT and click Save.
Step 3: Add SWOT to the CTA Detail View Layout
To add SWOT to the CTA Detail View Layout:
2. Select ‘Call to Action’ Layout, and add four new fields: Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats. Make sure the ‘Read Only’ box is unchecked.
3. Click Save.
You are now ready to use SWOT Analysis!