Admins can modify the CTA detail view layouts (for each CTA type) to include custom fields from the Call to Action, Account, Customer Info, and Relationship objects. Similar to using linked objects, this allows you to essentially create miniature forms that can display or collect information from the CSM directly in Cockpit. Account attributes can be displayed as read-only, or they can be edited by end users as they work on their Calls to Action and Tasks in Cockpit. You can use this feature to track additional attributes across a CTA, like a Risk outcome or Executive sponsor, and also to allow end users to modify SFDC data like account attributes from within the CTA.
You can bring in fields from the following objects into the CTA detail view:
- Account / Customer Info object into the Customer sub tab
- CTA object into the CTA sub tab
- Relationship object into the Relationship sub tab (For customers who enable Relationships in Gainsight)
- Linked objects into the linked objects sub tab
In the example screenshot below, we added fields from the Account object, such as CSM Team Size, Customer Fit, and Customer Type, to the CTA detail view configuration (on the Customer sub tab).
To access the CTA Detail view layout configuration, navigate to Administration > Workflow > Calls to Action.
In the detail view layout configuration, you can see Customer, Call to Action, and any linked object tabs.
You may add fields from an object to the sub-tab views based on what information you believe will be helpful for your CSMs to view or edit as they work through their CTAs. You can also group the fields. A default group is already added to these sections which cannot be deleted.
- Select the CTA Type. (This configuration is per CTA type.)
- Click the sub tab (eg. Customer) and create a new group by clicking “+ Group” or edit the existing Default Group (change the name by clicking it once).
- Click +Field to add the fields you want to display in the CTA detail view (on that sub tab).
- For the Calls to Action sub tab: add field option lets you search for available fields on CTA objects and lets you add them to the detail view.
- Customer sub tab: allows you to add fields from either the Account or Customer Info object.
- Relationship sub tab: allows you to add available fields from the Relationship object.
Customize the the field names added to detail view layout using Label, to make them more contextual and descriptive. The field labels defined here are seen by CSMs in the Cockpit > CTA Detail View.
- This configuration is per CTA type and Relationship Type.
- The newly defined display labels are honored in other functionalities of Gainsight. Ex: C360, Widgets, etc.
- Set the fields to Read Only or Mandatory as needed.
- Click Save.
- By default, all added fields from Customer, CTA, Relationship, and any Linked object are marked as read only.
- All modifiable fields can be changed to become editable.
- Formula fields and standard fields on CTA and Customer Info that are part of the package like CTA reason, CTA type and Customer Status will not be editable.
- If you select the Mandatory check box for a field, the end user will get an error while closing a CTA through Cockpit or C360/R360, if that field is not completed in the CTA detail view. Following image shows the error while closing a CTA with mandatory fields to be completed:
- We cannot directly create custom fields on these objects from within the layout configuration, but if fields were added to these objects from SFDC, then we can add them to the detail view. If 'Read only' is not checked, then these fields can also be edited from the CTA detail view.
- The fields added to the detail view can only be modified from the UI and cannot be updated via rules engine.