Cockpit is the day-to-day workspace for CSMs. As a turbo-charged “to-do list” that integrates with the rest of your system, it turns customer insights into tangible action items for your team. Calls-to-action, or CTAs, are tied to customers and are the backbone of Cockpit. CSMs can group and sort CTAs by due date, types and reasons, and more, in the Cockpit List View. CTAs can be created manually, but more often are triggered by business rules that analyze usage data and Salesforce native data. For each CTA that appears in the CSM's Cockpit, a prescribed playbook of best practice tasks can help guide the CSM through the right steps. CSMs can also access the timeline activities from the CTA detail view to log an activity (for a particular account or relationship, and tied to a specific CTA) on the Timeline sub-tab.
Playbooks help disseminate and standardize best practices across the organization. Before users can begin creating or managing CTAs in Cockpit, the Admin must configure various elements. For a customer's perspective on what makes a good CTA, click here.
For more information on how to configure Cockpit, refer to Configure Cockpit: CTA Types, Reasons, Priority, etc.
The benefits of using Cockpit include:
- Standardization - ensure that you have a single source of truth for your team’s action items
- Collaboration - enable collaboration by making your action items, and associated updates, available to others in your organization
- Integration - link your action items to your Opportunities, Activities, Contacts, Cases, and much more
- Automation - configure rules to automatically trigger action items based on customer data or time factors
- Reportability - report on your action items to communicate progress to your team
Click here for a short intro video to Cockpit. You can also learn more about configuring and using Cockpit in our free self-paced elearning courses on Gainsight University.
Data-driven CTAs allow CSMs to be more proactive and targeted in their actions. A call to action can be categorized as a Risk (of churn), Opportunity (positive trend), Event (lifecycle-based), Objective, or another custom CTA type. Here are some examples:
- Risk: Usage dropped 50% in last month; or, Your customer’s executive sponsor left the company
- Opportunity/Expansion: Positive NPS® survey score; or, Customer agreed to do a case study or be a reference
- Event/Lifecycle: 60 days before renewal; EBR/QBR; or training day
The 4th CTA type is an Objective. Success Plans combine a new CTA type with a new Object to create Plans comprised of Objectives and Tasks. Success Plans live on the C360 page and can be assigned ownership just like CTAs. CSM’s can use Success Plans to develop a plan for their company’s internal goals, to maintain and grow an account, or tackle a project. Success Plans are also a great way to collaborate with customer stakeholders, align on what’s most important for the success of the customer, and craft a strategic plan.
Note: Your Admin may modify the name of the Opportunity and Event CTA types, as well as create custom CTA types.
Access CTAs, Tasks & Playbooks
In the Cockpit tab, find the following options:
- List View (default view) - List view of all CTAs and tasks with group and sort options
- Calendar View - For better visibility over time (far right)
- Playbooks - Setup and view playbooks
Note: Objective CTAs appear in the List view and Calendar View, but to create Success Plans and objectives, you must go to the Customer 360 page.
|NPS, Net Promoter, and Net Promoter Score are registered trademarks of Satmetrix Systems, Inc., Bain & Company and Fred Reichheld|