This article explains how admins can configure the Person Section in C360/R360 layouts. This configuration includes adding fields to the list and detail view configuration of the Person section and adding fields that will be available for CSMs while adding a person in the C360/R360 Person section. You can add a new Person section from either Global or Local sections to the C360/R360 layouts from the C360/R360 Layouts configuration page. The Person section in the C360/R360 page displays the list of people associated with the specific company or relationship, as well as their personal and association details, fetched from the Gainsight Person Model. For more information on this model, refer to the Gainsight Person Model article.
Person Section in C360
Person section in C360 can be used to view the list of people associated with a company based on data from the Gainsight Person Model. You can add a new section called ‘Person’ to C360 from Administration > C360 Layouts page. In the Person section, you can view records of people that you interact with while working with the Customer. Person records include name, phone, email, social media profiles, company, etc. The Person section is designed to display not only contacts at the Account but potentially anyone involved in their implementation, such as an outside consultant. You can view the list of persons, search by name or email, and filter based on the fields in the Company Person/Person object. To load data to Company Person or Relationship Person, use the Action Type Load to Company/Relationship Person in Rules Engine.
Configure Person Search Settings
Admins can configure custom search settings for the Person Search:
- Navigate to Administration > Person > SEARCH CONFIGURATION. You will see the default fields: Person::Email and Person::Name in the Selected Fields section.
- Drag and drop the required fields from Available Fields to the Selected Fields.
The search fields configured above can be used to find an existing person in the Gainsight system while adding a new person from the C360 > + PERSON > Add Person section.
Add and Configure Person section in the C360 Layout
To add the Person section to C360, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Administration > C360 Layouts. Create or edit an existing C360 layout.
- From the left pane, drag Person section and drop in the right pane.
- Hover over the Person section and click Configure (Gear icon). The Person Configuration dialog appears.
Configure List View
Fields that you add from the person model into this configuration page appear to CSMs in the person list view from the C360 > Person section. To add fields in the List View configuration:
- Navigate to the LIST VIEW tab.
- In the List View tab, add (drag and drop) the required fields of the Person and Company Person objects from Available Fields to Selected Fields.
- Select the Allow Record Delete checkbox to allow end users to delete person records from the C360/R360 page.
Hover on any field, click the Edit icon, and change the field label that should appear in the list view.
Click SAVE to save the list view configuration.
List view in the Person section from the C360 page looks similar to the following image:
Configure Add Person
Fields that you add from the person model into this configuration page appear to CSMs while adding a person from the C360 > Person section. CSMs can add information into these fields while adding a person. To add fields in the Add Person configuration:
Navigate to the ADD PERSON tab.
Configure the fields to display while adding a person record.
- The fields added in this dialog will be available at C360 > + PERSON > Add Person dialog.
- In the ADD PERSON tab, Admins can add fields from the Person object and Company Person object. Custom fields and Standard fields will be available in this tab for selection.
Note: You can also select the Comments field in the Add Person, List view and Detail view tabs. When you select the Comments field, end users can add comments in the Person section of the C360 page.
- Hover on any field, click the Edit icon, and change the field label that should appear in the list view.
- Click SAVE to save the Add Person configuration.
Configure Detail View
Fields that you add from the person model into this configuration page appear to CSMs in each person detail view from the C360 > Person section.
To add fields to the Detail View configuration:
- In the DETAIL VIEW tab, add (drag and drop) the required fields of the Person and Company Person objects from Available Fields to Selected Fields. All of the standard and custom fields from the Gainsight Person model are available in the Available Fields.
- In the Selected Fields, hover on any field to perform the following actions:
- Click the Settings icon of any field.
- Enable/disable the Edit Permission option. If you enable this option, CSMs can add/modify values in the field from the C360 > Detail View.
- Click the Edit icon to change the field label that should appear in the Person Detail View and click the Save icon.
- Check or uncheck the Show Relationship checkbox to add or remove the Relationships section from the C360/R360 > Person Detail View.
Note: This checkbox is used if Relationships are not configured in the org.
- Click SAVE after you configure the fields.
Person Detail view in the Person section from the C360 page looks similar to the following image:
Configure Person Chart View
This section explains how Gainsight administrators can configure the Person Chart View. Admins can add fields to the CHART VIEW tab of the Person section. Once admins add the fields, end users can see the added fields in the Person maps section.
IMPORTANT NOTE: People Maps is available as an add-on to the Gainsight CS subscription. Please contact your account manager for pricing information.
Admins can add a maximum of four fields from the Person and Company Person objects to the Person CHART VIEW. By default, Name and Email fields are available on the CHART VIEW tab. You can remove the Email field, if required. However, you cannot remove the Name field. Apart from the Name field, you can add a maximum of three additional fields to the CHART VIEW tab. Admins should add any one or both of the Additional Attributes: NPS® Score and Last Engagement Date to the Person Chart View. At least one of the additional attributes must be added to the chart view. Once chart view is configured, Person Card Preview can be seen next to the selected fields.
IMPORTANT: When the parent record is deleted, reference of this parent record in the child record is also deleted.
To add fields to the Chart view:
- Navigate to Administration > C360 Layouts.
- Click the Edit icon for the required layout.
Note: If you cannot find the Person section in the right pane, drag and drop it from the left pane.
- Click the Configure icon for the Person section.
- Click the CHART VIEW tab.
- Drag and drop the required fields from Available Fields to Selected Fields section.
- Click SAVE.
You can see in the below image that four fields such as Name, Email, Role, Country, and Last Engagement Date are displayed in the Person widget in People Maps.