August 2019 : 6.5 Release
July 2019: 6.4 Release
In Administration > Migration, Gainsight offers a migration tool to migrate your Custom Object's schema, Reports, Rules, Playbook assets, Data Spaces, Power Lists, and Reports from a source org to a target org. For example, if you have built and tested rules in your sandbox org, you may want to migrate them to your production org. This feature saves Admins valuable time and is enabled by default. For more information, see Cross-org Migration FAQs.
- Ability to Migrate Survey Library Question and Folder in Survey 2.0: Previously, when you migrated Survey 2.0 assets, the questions referenced from the folders within the Question Library were not migrated. With this release when you migrate a 2.0 Survey having questions referenced from the Question Library, the question from the library and its folder structure is also migrated to the target org.
May 2019: 6.3 Release
In Administration > Migration, Gainsight offers a migration tool to migrate your Custom Object's schema, Reports, Rules, Playbook assets, Data Spaces, Power Lists, and Reports from a source org to a target org. For example, if you have built and tested rules in your sandbox org, you may want to migrate them to your production org. This feature saves Admins valuable time and is enabled by default. For more information, refer to Cross-org Migration FAQs.
Note: The Migration tool can be used to migrate Scorecards 2.0 and Surveys 2.0 configurations. For more information, refer to Migrating Scorecards 2.0 using Cross-Org or Migrate Surveys 2.0 with X-Org.
- Migrate Scorecard Mass Edit Reports: Admins can now migrate Scorecard Mass Edit Reports along with the report’s associated fields, measured filters, and measured groups. Scorecard Mass Edit Reports are built off of either the Unified Scorecard Fact - Relationship object or the Unified Scorecard Fact - Company object in report builder. Previously, it was not possible to migrate reports built off of these objects. Only the fields, filters, and groups associated with the report will be migrated.
For more information on Scorecard Mass Edit Reports, refer to Edit Scorecards 2.0 with Mass Edit Report.
- Migrate Import Lookup Configurations with Rules: Previously, Admins did not have the ability to migrate import lookup configurations as part of a rule migration, and had to manually set up the configurations in the target org. This defeated the purpose of the migration, as the setup was already tested in the source org, and then had to be tested again on the target org. Now that migrating import lookup configurations is supported as part of rule migration, Admins do not have to spend time manually setting up configurations or testing them a second time.
Lookup configurations are part of the Setup Action step of a rule when Load to Company is set as the rule’s action.
For more information on configuring Lookup field mappings, refer to the Load to Company section of the Setup Rule Action Types article.
- Migrate Relationship Types with dependent assets: Previously, when migrating assets dependent on Relationship types, it was not possible to migrate Relationship type with the asset. Now admins can migrate Relationship types implicitly along with a dependent asset, such as a rule. The relationship type on which the asset is dependent is migrated automatically along with the original asset being migrated.
Only the relationship type name will be migrated with the asset. Any objects and layouts associated with the relationship type are not migrated. It is not possible to explicitly migrate Relationship Types, along with any associated objects and rules, at this time.
Rules with the following action types can be successfully migrated:
- Load to Company
- Load to Relationship
- Load to Company Person
- Load to Relationship Person
- Ability to migrate Activity types and Activities sync configuration: You can now migrate Timeline Activity types and sync configuration from a source org to a target org. When you migrate an activity type, the associated layout is also migrated. If you modify the Activity type after migration, only the updated layout configuration of that Activity Type is migrated during subsequent migrations.
When you migrate Activity Sync configuration, the Salesforce Status and Salesforce Priority fields, along with the field mappings, are migrated. For a detailed step by step procedure, refer to the <<Migrate Activity types and Sync configuration>> TBA article.
- Ability to Migrate Load to Milestones Action Type: Now when you migrate a rule with the Load to Milestones action type, the action type is also migrated when the rule is migrated.
April 2019: 6.2 Release