February 2018: 5.11 Release
- Cockpit header is now available in Customer/Relationship 360 > Cockpit and Widgets: All options, including Column headers, that are available in Cockpit (as shown below) will now be available in the C360/R360 > Cockpit section, except for the list view and calendar view icons.
The following two sets of headers are added in the Customer/Relationship 360 > Cockpit section: The top header enables users to organize the data in various ways, and the second header displays labels for each column.
The Customer/Relationship 360 > Cockpit section displays all Cockpit views along with two additional views (Open CTAs and Closed CTAs) in the drop-down list as shown below.
In the C/R 360 > Cockpit section, each view is described below:
- All CTAs: Combination of CTAs which are assigned to everyone and may be opened or closed. This is slightly different from the All CTAs option in Cockpit as it contains only the open CTAs.
- Gainsight Recommended CTAs: Not available for the C/R 360 > Cockpit section.
- My CTAs: CTAs which are assigned to the logged-in user.
- Open CTAs: the default view; all open CTAs for that Account or Relationship.
- Closed CTAs: Shows the list of CTAs which are marked as closed for that Account or Relationship.
- Custom views: CTA list views that are created by users. You can edit the custom view name and delete the specific custom view from here by clicking the specific icons as shown in the following image.
- Group by: In Cockpit, you can see both Customers and Relationship, but in 360 > Cockpit > Group by drop-down list, only Relationship CTAs are visible as 360 is a combination of multiple Relationships and Accounts.
- If you add specific columns using the filter icon, the same options will be available in the Group by drop-down list. Refer the following image.
- Sort by: CTAs can also be sorted based on several options in the drop-down list using the Sort By option.
- Filter icon: Click > +FILTER, you can select Assignee field, equals operator, and enter Other User name.
For more information about filters, refer to the Cockpit List View: Commonly Used Filters article.
- Export: It works here the same way as it works in the Cockpit tab. Export will be based on the filter applied from the filters section (honors filters). All the details visible in Cockpit along with fields added to the summary section from Account and/or customer info object will be included in the export. Chatter feed will not be included in the export. Files will be exported as comma separated values (.csv).
Note: In the .csv file, only those CTAs are included which are assigned to you (My CTAs). If there are CTAs which are not directly assigned to you, but you are the assignee for one of the tasks within the same CTA, the .csv file will not include this kind of CTA. That logic is not implemented in the export process.
If you add a filter where assignees are equal to you and another user, .csv file will not include the CTAs where you are assignee for one of the tasks within it.
- R360 and C360 > Cockpit > Account names no longer appear for Relationship CTAs: Previously, each CTA used to have its account/relationship name mentioned just below it as there are multiple accounts/relationships context. The account name is now removed in the C360 > Cockpit section and only relationship name is visible. In the R360 > Cockpit section, as there is only single context of one relationship name, the account name is no longer mentioned. The same behavior for C360 > Success Plan is applied.
In the Customer 360 > Cockpit section:
In the Relationship 360 > Cockpit section:
- Significant Enhancements to Success Plan UI: Users can now sort or group the objectives, and Admins can configure objective list view columns per account type. You can now sort on all columns like Due date, Objective category, Age, Priority, and any other custom column configured. The following are included:
- When you select the All Objectives list view, you can see the total number at the top as shown below. If you change the option to Closed Objectives, in the OBJECTIVES section, the list displays those Objectives which are closed. But at the top, the data remains the same, as it shows the total number of objectives per Success Plan.
Note: The default selection will be "All Objectives". You can now expand all/ collapse all tasks. The Objective category column is now bigger so that full category name can be accommodated. The number of Success Plan types per entity is increased to 20.
- In the Group by field, a new option called Category is added in the drop-down list. For objectives, the category is one of the important fields, similar to Status or Priority. You can now Group by on all columns like Due date, Objective name, Objective category, Age, Priority, and any other custom column configured.
- Admins can add a maximum of two fields in the list view from the Administration > Success Plan > List view field configuration section. Once added, the selected fields will be available in the Group by or Sort by drop-down list.
- When the All Objectives option is selected and Group by is chosen as All and Sort by as "Due Date", all the completed objectives can be grouped as "Closed" and displayed at the end of the list of All Objectives as shown in the following image.
- In the Sort by field, a new option called Template Order is added in the drop-down list. You can apply a template while creating a Success Plan from the 360 area and the template contains the list of objectives. When you apply the template, the objectives will be sorted and listed in the OBJECTIVES tab.
Note: The default Sort by option is Template Order. The sort order selection will be preserved per user in the Success Plan section. This will sort the objectives based on their order in the template. This sort order is honored while exporting plans as an external link.
Previously, the Sort by option was based on the Due Date by default. But now you can select any option from the drop-down list as well as apply descending/ascending order. Templates can be created by Admins from the Administration > Success Plan > +TEMPLATE > Objectives and tasks section > +OBJECTIVE.
Note: The Objectives that have manually created templates will appear at the top of the list (sorted by Due Date) followed by the Objectives that have templates applied.
- Honor contact config in Email Assist: In the Admin > Call To Actions page, you have the option to configure search and filter for Associated Contacts, but previously this search and filter configuration was not honored in Email Assist while searching for contacts. Now, the filter config is honored in Email Assist too.
Note: Name and email for both user and contacts is shown. In Email Assist, only the contact list behavior changed, but the behavior of user and ad-hoc emails remains the same. The contact filter config is honored in both To and CC. Name, Email, and Type are shown in results (refer the following image). For Relationship Email Tasks, the contacts search is based on the Associated Contacts configuration (Contacts/Relationship Contacts).
- Flexibility to rename Risk CTA type and define Objective layouts for each account/relationship:
- Rename Risk CTA Types: Admin can now rename Risk CTA types. The system name will not change, only the display name will change and the new display name will reflect in Zendesk, Survey, Rules, etc.
Note: In the Administration > Calls to Action > ACCOUNT tab > Call to action type section, when the Objective CTA type is enabled, the changes are applied to the newly created Objectives only and will not impact the existing Objectives.
- Configure default CTA types for Zendesk: Previously, admins were not allowed to delete Risk CTA types as they are tightly linked with Zendesk. In the Administration > Calls to Action > Account tab > Call to action type section, admins now have the flexibility to configure a Default CTA type for Zendesk (new field) the same way the default CTA type is selected for CTAs created from Timeline.
Note: Risk CTA type can be deleted if it is not selected as default. Default Risk CTA type can only be selected in the Account entity for Zendesk, as relationship CTAs cannot be created through the Zendesk widget.
- Risk will be the default CTA Type for Zendesk, only admin can change. If Risk CTA type is selected as the default, it cannot be deleted.
- Zendesk text should change based on new CTA type name.
- Zendesk related configuration will be shown only if Zendesk connector is enabled.
- Configure multiple Objective CTA types in Success Plans: Previously, there was only one CTA Type of "Objective". Now you can configure one per relationship type and for each relationship type, you can select local or global objective. A local objective CTA type is added for all Account and Relationship types; every time a relationship type is created, this local objective will be available.
By default, the local objective CTA type is disabled and the global object (layout, status, etc.) is used. Once the local objective is enabled, it will be used instead of the global objective.
- Different Objective CTA types should have different system names
- Global objective cannot be disabled
- Global or local objectives cannot be deleted
- In Account/Relationship type > CTA type list, global objective will not be displayed
- Local objective behavior will be the same as other local CTA types
- Objectives will not be shown in the dropdown list while creating reasons
- In playbooks, only one objective will be shown and existing local playbooks mapped to this objective (local or global) should be used
- In Rules, while closing objective CTA - the active objective (local or global) should be used
- Ability to reorder Objectives in Success Plan Templates: Admins can now change the display order of Objectives in the template by dragging and dropping. This is important with the new Sort by option called "Template Order".
- Migrate Success Plans Configuration and Templates: Cross-org migration of success plan templates is now enabled. Both Account and Relationship templates can be migrated. For more information, refer to the Cross-org migration section.
November 2017: 5.10 Release
- Gantt chart in Success Plans is enhanced: Gantt charts in Success Plans can now be viewed on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. Also, the Due Date and Owner fields are now editable.
- Navigate to C360/R360 > Success Plans.
- Click GANTT CHART. You can view the daily, weekly, and monthly details of all the objectives listed in the OBJECTIVES tab against the planned schedule in the bar chart.
You can also edit the Owner and Due Date fields in the Gantt chart view (for both Objectives and Tasks). To change the owner, click on the icon and search for the required owner. To change the due date, click on the icon and select the required due date.
- Token mapping in email assist (in body and subject) is clearer: In Email Assist, unmapped tokens are depicted in red, and mapped tokens are depicted in grey.
Note: When you map a token which does not have an associated value, and preview the email, the token is still depicted in red.
- Contacts sync is enabled while syncing Gainsight tasks to Salesforce tasks: Contacts are now synced while syncing Gainsight tasks to Salesforce tasks. If a contact is linked to a Gainsight task or CTA, then while syncing the task to SFDC, the contact is also synced to SFDC in the SFDC Task's 'Name' field. The sync behaviour differs when multiple contacts are enabled versus when multiple contacts are NOT enabled in Salesforce ([Setup > Activity Settings > select the Allow Users to Relate Multiple Contacts to Tasks and Events check box]).
When the multiple contacts option is NOT enabled in Salesforce:
- While syncing, the system checks if there is a contact associated with a task and syncs that contact to SFDC. If not, the contacts associated with the CTA are synced. This behavior is honored for subsequent changes as well.
- If the Gainsight Task has three associated contacts (for example), the Salesforce Task will have only one contact (the latest contact).
- If the Salesforce Task's WhoId is changed, then in the Gainsight Task the contact will only be appended.
- If the Salesforce Task's WhoId is removed, the Gainsight Task will not change, but if it is synced back to the Salesforce Task, the latest contact is set as WhoId in the Salesforce Task.
When the multiple contacts option is enabled in Salesforce:
- If the Gainsight Task has three associated contacts (for example), the Salesforce Task will also have three contacts. If the primary contact is changed in the Salesforce task, and it is not available in the Gainsight task's contacts list, then it is synced back to the Gainsight task. If any secondary contact is added or deleted in the Salesforce task, the same will not be reflected in the Gainsight task. But, if additional contacts are added to the Gainsight task, then the Salesforce task's contacts list is appended.
- Linked objects now have a direct SFDC record hyperlink: SFDC objects linked to various CTA types now have a hyperlink in the Cockpit detail view pane, which navigates you to the SFDC record page. For more information on configuring CTA linked objects, see the Configure CTA Linked Objects article.
Also, in CTA detail view > Customers/Relationship tab, a hyperlink is added which navigates you to the corresponding SFDC Account page.
Link to SFDC record page:
- Navigate to Cockpit > List.
- Open a CTA containing a linked object in detail view.
- Click the linked object tab. A hyperlink is displayed which navigates you to the Salesforce record for the associated linked object.
- Click the hyperlink. The SFDC record page for the corresponding linked object is displayed.
Link to SFDC Account page:
- Navigate to Cockpit > List.
- Open a CTA in detail view.
- Click the CUSTOMER/RELATIONSHIP tab. A hyperlink is displayed which navigates you to the corresponding Salesforce Account page.
- Click the hyperlink. The corresponding SFDC Account page is displayed.
Note: The behavior for this enhancement is the same for Account or Relationship CTAs.
- Success Plans can now be shared (as a link) with Contacts & Users:
- Share a plan independently: CSMs can now share read-only Success Plans as a link with an internal user or to external contacts via email. Use this option to share an individual Success Plan. The Success Plan must be configured for sharing by the admin, with optional security settings. In C360 > Success Plan section > Under the three dots, an option is added which enables you to share a Success Plan. Once you click the Share Plan option, the Success Plan Export Configuration pane is displayed.
For information on how to configure a Success Plan for sharing (admin), see the Configure Success Plan for Sharing article.
For information on how to share the Success Plan (CSM/User), see the Share Success Plan article.
- Share a plan as a section in External 360: A Success Plan section can now be added in External 360 as well. Use this option to share multiple Success Plans at a time. See the Configure Shared 360 article for more information.
- Success Plan owner can now be added as a token in the (Objective) Owner field in the Success Plan template: Admins can now add the Success Plan Owner (SP Owner) by searching for the dynamic objective owner in the Success Plan template.
- Navigate to Administration > Workflow > Success Plans > Success Plan Template.
- Click +OBJECTIVE.
In the Owner field, you can type in the SP Owner field, and the actual name will be dynamically replaced when the template is applied to a Success Plan.
- The “Description” field label is now editable in Success Plan info: Admins can now edit the Description field label name while configuring a Success Plan.
- Navigate to Administration > Workflow > Success Plans.
- Edit a Success Plan in the Success Plan Type section by clicking the Edit icon.
- In the Details section, click the Configuration icon corresponding to the Success Plan → Description field. The Search Configuration pane is displayed.
- Enter the new description field label name in the Field label field. Click SAVE.
- Navigate to the C360 section where the Success Plan is added. The edited field label for description is displayed.
- Custom fields in Success Plan can now be populated through Bionic Rules: Admins can now add custom fields while configuring a Success Plan through Bionic Rules. While using the “Success Plan” action type to create a Success Plan, you can now add other fields (configured in the Success Plan type layout) and map them to a custom field.
Note: This enhancement is only available in bionic rules and NOT custom rules.
- CTA type limit is increased to 20 per entity/account: Admins can now create a maximum of 20 CTA types per entity. To add a new CTA type, navigate to Administration > Calls to Action > Call to action type and click +TYPE.
Note: For Global CTAs, you can add 15 CTA types, apart from the five pre-configured Gainsight CTA types.
September 2017: 5.9 Release
- Bounced Emails information in Task detail view: Navigate to Cockpit > Task Detail View. When the Emails are sent from an Email task bounce, the count of Hard Bounced Emails and Soft Bounced Emails is now displayed.
- Add multiple recipients in Email task: Navigate to Cockpit > Email task > Task Detail View. Click Validate Email in the task detail view of an Email task. The following options are now added in the Edit Email dialog box:
- Add multiple recipients: You can now add multiple recipients in the ‘To’ section. Search option is provided to search and add the recipients.
Note: When multiple recipients are added, the Email can be sent to all the recipients only after previewing the Email for each recipient.
- Send separate Emails to multiple contacts: Select this option to send separate emails to individual recipients specified in the ‘To’ section. If this option is not selected, a common Email is sent to all recipients. Only separate Emails can be sent, if the Email template contains:
- Contact/User object tokens
- Report with Contact object filters
- Display From and Reply-To addresses: From and Reply-To addresses are now displayed. By default, these addresses are the logged-in user’s Email address. You can modify the From address. Select from the drop-down options that are populated based on the configuration set in Administration > Calls to Action > General Settings > Account/Relationship.
- Add Reply-To in Bcc: Select this option to add ‘Reply-To’ Email in Bcc.
- Gainsight Recommended CTAs list view in Cockpit: Navigate to Cockpit > List. To make Cockpit more manageable and provide the end users a clear starting point, Gainsight introduces the ‘Gainsight Recommended CTAs’ list view in Cockpit. This comprises a list of CTAs recommended by Gainsight for the CSM to prioritize based on analysis of the following parameters:
- Health Score
- Account ARR/MRR
- Account Renewal Date
- NPS Score
- CTA Due Date
- CTA Priority
- Auto populate recipient while creating Email task: The ability to auto-populate the recipient Email address is now added in Email task. The recipient address is populated based on the source of CTA creation.
- Navigate to Cockpit > List View > Email Task Detail View.
- Click VALIDATE EMAIL. The Edit Email dialog box is displayed.
Consider the following scenarios:
- If the CTA is created manually: The associated contact in the Email Task Detail View > Contact field is populated:
- If a contact is available at task level, this contact is used instead of CTA contact. If not, CTA contact is populated.
- If multiple CTA contacts or task level contacts are available, recently used contact is populated. If Email address is not available for the latest contact, no recipient address is populated.
- If the CTA is created from Rules Engine: The contact selected in Associated Contact field in Administration > Rules Engine > +RULE > Setup Action > Action Type > Call To Action is populated. Refer to the following image:
- Identify the source of closed CTAs for Reports: The ability to identify the source (Manual, Rules, or Mass Edit) from which a CTA is closed is now added. To support this, the ‘Closed Source’ field is added in the CTA object.
- Search option for CTA drop-downs: A search option is now available for all the drop-downs in CTA/Task creation when the available options are greater than or equal to six. Refer to the following image:
- New Sort By and Filter options: Navigate to Cockpit > List View. The following new options are available:
- Sort By: A new option ‘GS Score’ is added to this drop-down list. GS Score is CTA Score based on the analysis of Health Score, Account ARR/MRR, Account Renewal Date, NPS Score, CTA Due Date, and CTA Priority.
- Filters: A new option ‘Gainsight Recommended’ flag is added to filters. This filter is applied by default, when the ‘Gainsight Recommended CTAs’ view is selected.
- Operational Reporting is removed: Operational Reporting sub-tab in Cockpit is now removed. Similar reports are available to import into your org from the Gainsight Vault in the CTAs & Success Plans > CTAs sub-folder.
- Configure associated contacts for Account and Relationship CTAs: Navigate to Administration > Calls to Action > General settings > ACCOUNT/RELATIONSHIP. Admins can now configure lookup fields using search and filter criteria for associated contacts at both account and relationship levels. This helps to fetch the search results more efficiently by narrowing down the number of results in the fetch query. All of the associated contacts configured here can be selected in the Account and Relationship CTA Detail View.
To configure search and filter criteria:
Click the gear icon. The Associate Contacts Search Configuration dialog box is displayed.
- Enter the required information as displayed in the following image:
- Search Fields: By default, Contact name and Email are added to this section. Admin can add:
- Contact object fields
- At least one field mandatorily
- A maximum of four fields
- Contact Object: Available only in Relationship level. Admin can select from the contact object or relationship contact object.
- Account fields: All the accounts fields in the Contact object or Relationship Contact object (at relationship level) are available here.
- Admin can use +FIELDS to add fields to filter criteria.
- Admin can modify the expression as required.
Click SAVE to save the configuration or click CANCEL.
To view the configuration results:
- Navigate to Cockpit.
- Select the required CTA to view CTA detail view.
- Click the edit icon. The Associate Contacts dialog-box is displayed.
- Click +ADD CONTACTS.
Perform search as required. You can now view the results as configured (First Name and Email in this scenario).
- Create Linked Object records from relationship CTAs: Admins can now link CTA types to Salesforce objects for relationship types. This allows Admins to configure CTAs for relationships, collect the related information, and create/update records for the mapped configuration.
To configure linked objects for relationship CTAs:
- Navigate to Administration > Workflow > Call to Action > RELATIONSHIP.
- Scroll down to the Linked Objects section.
- Select the CTA Type in Detail view layout configuration section.
Note: By default, you can view the fields in the Relationship Mapping Attributes group for the selected CTA type, based on the relationship type definition. For more information on configuring CTA linked objects, refer to Configure CTA Linked Objects.
- The fields in Relationship Mapping Attributes are mandatory and not editable.
- If a field already exists in the Relationship type definition and CTA type layout, the relationship type definition takes precedence. This field is visible in the Mapping group in CTA detail view and not in the Linked object group.
- Click SAVE to save the configuration.
Cockpit - CTA detail view:
- The relationship linked object fields are displayed in Default Group and relationship mapping fields are displayed in Relationship Mapping Attributes.
If only one field is mapped, this field is not editable. If multiple fields are mapped, you can select from the available mapped values.
Customize ‘From’ addresses in Email Assist: Navigate to Administration > Calls to Action > ACCOUNT/RELATIONSHIP > General Settings. Admins can now customize the ‘From’ email address in Email tasks. A toggle, Choose ‘From’ email address in email assist, is added in the General Settings section at both the Account and Relationship levels. Refer to the following image:
This enables you to select the ‘From’ address in the Email template from the following options:
- Logged-in User: By default, this option is selected. Admin cannot de-select this option.
- Email Assist Domain Configuration: If this option is selected, the domain(s) configured in Email Configuration is displayed in the consumption area.
To configure any domain:
- Navigate to Administration > Email Configuration > COMPLIANCE.
- Click ADD DOMAIN to add a new domain. For example, GainsightSupport.com. Admins can add multiple domains.
Click SAVE to save the configuration.
Refer to the following image to view the domain name as configured in Email task :
Send Survey through Email task: Navigate to Cockpit > Playbooks > +Task. In Email tasks, Admins can now add a survey Email template. All 2.0 CoPilot Email templates with a survey link are available in Email tasks. The survey response is displayed in the respective task detail view.
Perform the following to configure a Survey Email Template:
In the Email Template drop-down list, select any survey template.
Note: The Map Token icon is displayed soon after you select any email template.
Click the Map Tokens icon as shown in the following image. Add Mapping dialog box is displayed.
Add required fields to ‘To’ and ‘From’ placeholders.
- Click Survey (Button or Link is displayed based on the survey template). Edit Survey Button dialog box is displayed.
- Customize survey details in this dialog box as required.
- Edit the following:
- Button Text: Enter an appropriate label for the Survey button.
- Survey: Select the required survey.
- Language: Select the language from the available options.
- Click UPDATE to update the details of the Survey button or click CANCEL.
- Click MAP to map the tokens or click CANCEL.
- For surveys with associated objects, the link is not established and the associated object mapping is not allowed from playbook.
- Inline survey templates (introduced in the current release) are not supported in Email assist.
Send Report through Email task: Navigate to Cockpit > Playbooks > +Task. In Email tasks, Admins can now add Email templates containing reports. All 2.0 CoPilot Email templates containing reports are available in Email tasks.
Perform the following to configure a Report Email Template:
- In the Email Template drop-down list, select any report template.
- Click the Map Tokens icon. Add Mapping dialog box is displayed.
- Import a report from the available options in the Report placeholder. The respective report is displayed.
Note: Tabular reports are not supported.
- You can also map Filters. Click the Filter icon to add filters:
- Account and contact lookups for Account playbooks
- Account, relationship, contact lookups for relationship playbooks.
Note: Gear and Visualization icons function the same as in Copilot Email templates. For more information, refer to Review Copilot Analytics.
- Click MAP to map the tokens or click CANCEL.
- For both account and relationship email tasks, only the reports with objects that have account lookup field can be added.
- Whenever you preview a report, the current data is displayed.
- Search configuration for Linked Objects: Navigate to Administration > Call To Action > ACCOUNT/RELATIONSHIP. Admins can now configure search and filter criteria for linked objects at both Account and Relationship levels.
To configure search and filter criteria for a linked object:
- Click the gear icon for any linked object. The ‘Selected Linked Object’ Search Configuration dialog box is displayed.
- Enter the required information as displayed in the following image:
- Search Fields: Click +ADD to add fields.
Note: A minimum of one field must be added. The maximum limit is four fields.
- Account fields: By default, Account ID is selected. Admins can edit this field.
- Click +FIELDS to add fields to filter criteria. By default, the Account ID = CTA Account ID filter is mapped. Admins can edit this mapping.
- Admin can modify the expression as required.
- Click SAVE to save the configuration or click CANCEL.
- Navigate to Cockpit > CTA detail view to view the configuration results while performing search.