August 2018: 5.17 Release
July 2018: 5.16 Release
June 2018: 5.15 Release
Add a person record directly from C360 > Person: Users can now manually add a person record directly from the Person section in C360.
After the Admin has added the Person section to the 360, navigate to C360.
Click + PERSON. The Add Person dialog appears.
- Enter information in any of the fields and click SEARCH. The Search performed here uses the OR condition between the fields.
If a person match is found in the search results, then select the person and add more details if required and click SAVE. In this scenario, you are associating an existing person with the current company.
Note: While associating a person record to a new customer, the previous company associations will not appear.
- If a person match is not found in the search results, then click ADD NEW PERSON.
The Add Person section appears.
Enter Email Address and Name. In the Add Person dialog, following fields are mandatory:
- Email Address
- Fields from the Company Person object.
In the Company Association section, add information in the available fields if required. You cannot edit the Company ID information.
You cannot add a person record if the email address is already present.
You can associate an existing person record to a new customer and specify different metadata such as a different Role.
If a person record is already associated with the current company, then you cannot create the person record.
Adding a person record from R360 is not yet available.
Edit person record details directly from C360 (Inline Edit): From the C360 > Person section, users can directly edit and add person record information. Inline edit is enabled for fields that are available for a person.
In C360 > Person section, click a person record. The detailed view appears.
- Select a field from the detailed view and select a value.
- Click Save (checkmark icon). The details will be saved.
Note: You cannot add/modify info from a field if Edit Permissions are not granted.
Admin configuration for Person section in C360 (Add Person and Detailed View): Admins can add/modify fields in the Person section in the C360 from Administration > C360 Layouts. Two new tabs are provided for Add Person dialog and Detailed View in C360.
- Navigate to Administration > C360 Layouts.
- Edit or create a new layout.
- Add/edit the Person section in the layout.
- In the Person section, click the Settings (gear) icon. The Person Configuration dialog appears.
In the Add Person tab, configure the fields to display while adding a person record.
The fields added in this dialog will be available at C360 > + PERSON > Add Person dialog.
In the ADD PERSON tab, Admins can add fields from the Person object and Company Person object. Custom fields and Standard fields will be available in this tab for selection.
In the DETAIL VIEW tab, configure fields that will be available in the C360 > Person > Detailed View. Custom fields and Standard fields will be available in this tab for selection.
In the DETAIL VIEW tab, once you have added a field, hover and click Settings.
Enable/disable the Edit Permission option.
If you enable the option, users will be able to add/modify info from the C360 > Detailed View.
If you disable the option, users will not be able to add/modify info from C360 > Detailed View.
Click SAVE after configuring fields in all of the tabs.
Configure Global Search for Person records: Configure the fields available for a user to search for Person records. The fields selected in the Administration > Person page will include the unique identifiers for which person records are searched. You can add up to 5 fields in the Person page.
- Navigate to Administration > Person. The Person Config page appears.
- From the Available Fields pane, drag the required fields to the Selected Fields area.
- After selecting some fields, click SAVE.
Create activities directly from the Timeline tab: Users can now create activities from the Timeline tab directly. A new option + ACTIVITY is provided on the Timeline tab for this purpose. Using this option, you can create activities for Account and Relationship contexts. All activity types including custom ones created at the Global, Account, and Relationship levels will be available for selection.
From the Timeline tab, click + ACTIVITY and select an activity type. The Activity Editor appears.
Enter info in the required fields and click LOG. A new field Related To is introduced to relate an activity to an Account or Relationship. For more information, see the Relate an Activity to Account/Relationship enhancement directly below.
Relate an activity to an Account / Relationship: While creating an activity from the Timeline tab, users can relate the activity to an account or relationship using a new Related To option.
- Enter a minimum of 3 letters to initiate the Search.
- Search will be performed on the first three letters of the Account/Relationship.
- The search at Related Field functions as Starts With.
- You cannot relate an activity to a CTA.
- If the selected activity type is not enabled for a particular Account or Relationship Type, the search results will not show the Account/Relationship information.
- Relationship Search in the Related To field: When you search for a relationship in the Related To field, the search results will show the associated Account Name, Relationship Type, and Relationship details.
Share Activity Link with users in your org: Using the Share Link option, users can share an activity created in Timeline with other users in your Gainsight org.
- Hover over an activity and click the More icon (three dots).
- Click Share Link. The Activity Link dialog appears.
- Click COPY. The link to the activity will be copied to the system’s clipboard. You can paste the link in any channel and share with users in your org.
- To view the activity from the link, users need to have a Gainsight License.
Once the users click the link, they will view the individual activity as shown below.
To view the full list of activities in Timeline tab, click the Click here link at the top of the page.
View parent activity in CTA Timeline: In Cockpit > Timeline, you can view the activity from which the CTA was created. If an activity contains a follow-up task, a CTA is created in Cockpit. Now from Cockpit Timeline, you can view the activity associated with the CTA.
- In Cockpit, click a CTA that was created from an activity.
- In the CTA Detail View, click the Timeline sub-tab.
May 2018: 5.14 Release
April 2018: 5.13 Release
- Introducing a new Timeline tab in Gainsight: A new Timeline tab is introduced in Gainsight that serves as a central repository to view/edit all of the timeline activities created in different modules of the Gainsight application for all customers. In the new global timeline, you can see timeline entries and drafts created from the C360, R360, and Cockpit. The view in the new Timeline tab enables leadership to quickly understand the most significant events and activities across the account/relationship, as well as helps them prepare for customer meetings. Along with preparation of meetings, the global Timeline also helps Admins/CSMs in their day-to-day work, to see updates about all of their customers in a central place.
Admins must enable the Timeline tab in Administration > Activities and Timeline.
Note: You cannot create a new timeline activity from the Timeline tab.
To enable the global Timeline tab in Gainsight:
- Navigate to Administration > Activities and Timeline.
- In the GENERAL SETTINGS tab > Global, select the Timeline Primary Tab check box to enable the Timeline tab. An information message appears.
- Click OK to enable the Timeline tab.
- After enabling the Timeline tab, you also need to add the Timeline tab as a Salesforce Tab. To add a tab manually:
- Click All Tabs.
- Click Customize My Tabs button.
- In the Available Tabs section, select Timeline and click Add.
- Click Save.
Note: You can also add the tabs to all end-users using profiles, refer to the SFDC article Turn on a specific tab.
IMPORTANT: In this release, Permission Settings are not honored in the Timeline tab. End-users in your org will be able to view all of the activities from all accounts/relationships. If you are using Gainsight and/or SFDC permissions to control access to relationship or account records, the new Timeline tab will not honor those permissions.
- Make fields mandatory while creating an activity: Admins can mark fields in activity layouts as mandatory. You can mark standard and custom fields as mandatory and add them to the Activity Form. Making a field mandatory ensures that the user provides an input before saving the activity.
- You can save a draft of the activity without entering a value in the mandatory fields.
- A check box field cannot be marked as mandatory, as it always carries a value (for example, either True or False).
- If you have a date-time field, you can mark the field as mandatory to ensure the sync process to Salesforce is smooth.
To create or add a mandatory field:
- Navigate to Administration > Activities and Timeline.
- Add or edit an activity type. Click + Activity Type. The Add Activity Type dialog appears.
- Add info in the required fields.
- In the Configure Layout section, click + FIELD.
- Select the field type and type a name for the field.
- Click Save.
- Click Settings icon and select the Mandatory check box.
- Click SAVE.
- If users try to save the activity without providing an input in the mandatory field, the editor displays an error message.
- Denoting Timeline entry source in the new Timeline tab: In the new Timeline tab, you can view activities from the C360, R360, and Cockpit in one place. Entries are preceded by the following icons:
- CTA: indicates the Timeline entry is from Cockpit.
- C: indicates the Timeline entry is from the C360.
- R: indicates Timeline entry is from the R360.
- Editing Activities from Timeline: You can edit the timeline entries created from any source (C360/R360/Cockpit) in the new Global Timeline area, if you created the activity. Previously, the ability to edit timeline activities from other areas was not possible. You can also edit/delete activities and drafts created from Cockpit Timeline in the C360/R360 Timeline pages.
- Enhanced Search in Global Timeline: In the new Timeline tab, you can search using the following elements in both activities and drafts:
- Account / Relationship / CTA names
- Activity names
- Subject names
- Author name (name of the person who created the activity)
- Relationship name
- Relationship Type
- Attachment name
After you search using a keyword, the timeline entries will be filtered based on the keyword.
- Basic filtering capabilities in the new Timeline tab: The new Timeline tab is equipped with basic filtering capabilities. Using the filter icon, you can filter by Account, Relationship Type, Author (Created By), Activity Type, and so on.
- Account - type an account name in the text box. You can also type multiple account names.
- Activity Dates (From and To) - select an operator and select a from date and to date at this field.
- Greater than
- Lesser than
- Author - You can search for the activity by typing the name of the user in the text box. You can also search using multiple user names.
- Activity Type - filter the activity type by selecting from Global, account, and relationship activity types.
- Relationship Type - filter the activities by relationship types. You can also filter using multiple relationship types.
- Relationship - filter the activities by relationships. You can also search using multiple relationships.
- After selecting the required fields, click APPLY.
- Click CLEAR to clear all of the filters.
- Navigate from the new Timeline tab to other areas automatically: As the new Timeline tab contains entries from different modules of Gainsight, options are provided to automatically navigate easily to the respective areas. Full context of the activity is shown in the header of the Activity Editor and you can click on the text to navigate to the respective page.
- Clicking CTA subject navigates to the Cockpit page.
- Clicking Relationship name navigates to the R360 page.
- Clicking Account name navigates to the C360 page.
When you hover on the Timeline text, you can see that it is a Relationship as shown in the following image. If you click on Timeline, you will be navigated to the R360 page. Similarly, if you click on AAR Corp, you will be navigated to the C360 page.
Clicking on AAR Corp will navigate you to the account’s C360 page.
6. View CTA details in associated Activity: If an activity is created from Cockpit > Timeline, you can view the CTA details by clicking the subject of the activity.
- If an activity is created from Cockpit, a CTA label appears.
- Along with the CTA label, you can see the Account information and the CTA information.
- Click the CTA information to view the CTA.
March 2018: 5.12 Release
- Person Section in C360: Person section in C360 can be used to view the list of people associated with a company based on data from Gainsight Person Model. You can add a new section called ‘Person’ to C360 from Administration > C360 Layouts page. In the Person section, you can view records of people that you interact with at that Customer. Person records include name, phone, email, social media profiles, company, etc. The Person section is designed to display not only contacts at the Account, but potentially anyone involved in their implementation, such as an outside consultant. With this release, you can only view the list of persons, search by name or email, and filter based on the fields in Company Person/Person object. In future releases, Gainsight plans to support Add, Edit, and Track a person directly from the C360, as well as an option to view the org chart in the Person section. To load data to Company Person or Relationship Person, use the Action Type Load to Company/Relationship Person in Rules Engine.
Note: Person section is not yet available on the R360 page.
To add the Person section to C360, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Administration > C360 Layouts. Create or edit an existing C360 layout.
- From the left pane, drag the Person section to the right pane.
- Hover over the Person section and click Configure (Gear icon).
The Person Configuration dialog appears. The fields from Person and Company Person objects can be selected and shown in the C360 > Person section.
- After adding the required fields, click SAVE. The Person section in C360 looks similar to the following image.
Searching in Person section Once the Person section is available in the C360, you can Search based on the name or email of the person.
Filter based on Company Person / Person: You can also filter the Person list in C360 based on any attributes of Company Person / Person objects. For more information on Company Person or Person objects, see Company Person documentation. Click the Filter icon.
- Select a field from the drop-down list.
- Select an operator.
- Specify a value for the field. Add more filters if required.
- Click APPLY. The persons list will be refined based on the filter conditions.