February 2018: 5.11 Release
- From Customer 360 > [Click on the icon] > [Click Share C360].
- Click on the icon, you can now track the number of views by each user with whom the layout was shared.
- Revised naming convention for tasks from Activity Timeline: Tasks created in the Activity Editor will be created in Cockpit as a CTA with the naming convention “To-Do: <<subject of the activity>>”.
November 2017: 5.10 Release
- Attachment limits are increased in Activities: You can upload up to 5 attachments totaling 30 MB per activity.
Scorecard 2.0 and Success Plans sections available in Shared360: In Sharing > 360 Layouts > Section configurations, Scorecard 2.0 and Success Plans are now included under Available sections along with the Summary, Account Attributes, Related List, and Relationships sections. Admin can drag and drop the options to the Selected sections area while configuring layouts for sharing.
Note: Scorecard 1.0 is not part of the available sections. Only Scorecard 2.0 is available to share. As an admin, you can only delete the Scorecard 2.0 section in the Section configurations area.
- If Scorecards 2.0 is enabled from Setup > Installed Packages, Admins can add the same section while configuring the section in Shared360 for the CSMs/AMs to share with end-users. For more information, refer to Configure Scorecards (2.0).
- In the Shared360 > Scorecard 2.0 section, end-users can view the overall health score with a trend indicator that indicates whether the customer's overall health score is trending up, down or remaining steady. End-users can also view the customer's overall health trend history and any manually entered notes.
- IP Address based filters for accessing shared links in Shared360: In the 360 Layouts > [edit New/Existing Layout] > Sharing settings > Security Settings area, IP address can now be filtered by selecting the IP Based Access check box and multiple IP addresses can be added by clicking + as shown below. This ensures that the shared layout link can be accessed only by end-users with a specific IP address.
- C360/R360 layouts can now be shared with internal Users or external Contacts. If CSMs/AMs select Users option from the Send to drop-down list, records from the User object are available to select in the Choose Users field. Similarly, if the Contacts option is selected, records from the Person object are available to select in the Choose Users field.
For more information on the GS User and GS Person objects, refer to Gainsight User Object and Gainsight Person Object Model.
- Users: Users in your organisation who need access to the Shared360 layouts
- Contacts: External contacts who are not part of your organisation but need access to the Shared360 layouts
Performance improvements in C360:
- Load time of the C360 page is improved.
- Load time of C360 > Summary section is improved. Now the widgets in the Summary section (except Scorecards) load significantly faster. The load time of the Scorecards widget will be improved in a future release.
- Dropdown (Picklist) and Date Time fields can be added as custom fields to an activity layout.
- Navigate to Administration > Activities > General Settings.
- In the Activity Type section, edit an activity type. The Edit Activity Type dialog appears.
- In the Configure Layout section, click + FIELD.
- In the Field type list, select Date Time and provide a label name.
- In the Field type list, select Dropdown and provide a label name.
- Type a category name and select from the list of available suggestions. The dropdown categories are loaded from Administration > Data Management > Dropdown Lists page. You can also create a custom dropdown category and display in the Activity Layout. For more information, see Dropdown List and Multiselect Dropdown List.
- Click Save. The custom Date Time and Dropdown fields will be added to the activity type. You can see these custom fields while logging an activity. The following activity form shows custom Date Time and Dropdown fields.
- Activities in Timeline can now be synced with Salesforce Events: Admins can either select sync to Salesforce Tasks or Salesforce Events for all activity types in the Administration > Activity Sync page.
- Navigate to Administration > Activities > Activity Sync.
- In the General Settings section, select Salesforce Events. Switching from tasks to events will start syncing the activities to events right away.
Note: If an activity that was previously synced to Salesforce Events is updated, then that activity will now be synced to Salesforce Tasks. But the frequency of the tasks getting synced will remain same as a minimum of 4 hours and maximum of 24 hours.
- While syncing to Salesforce Events, it’s mandatory to map the Date Time field to the End Date-Time field under Salesforce Fields.
- Initiate an immediate manual sync of Timeline Activities: A new option for Admins to initiate an immediate manual sync from Administration > Activity Sync page is provided. Clicking this option will trigger a sync job immediately for all activities to either Salesforce Tasks or Events, per your configuration. Once you click the Start Manual Sync option, the sync progress message appears.
- Ability to report on Activity Timeline notes: Using Report Builder, you can now create a report on the notes created in the Timeline. You can use the Activity Timeline object as the source and add Notes as the Show field to generate the report.
September 2017: 5.9 Release
- Gantt Chart (BETA) integration in Success Plans: Navigate to C360 > Success Plans. Gantt Chart is now integrated with Success Plans and provides a graphical view of the progress towards objectives and associated tasks against the schedule.
For more information on Gantt Chart integration, refer to Gantt Chart integration in Success Plans.
- Copy Timeline activity contents to Clipboard: You can now copy the content in the activity editor using the Copy to Clipboard option. You can use this option while logging an activity or after an activity is logged. This option copies all of the content in Notes, Tasks, and other fields available in the Activity Editor.
After an activity is logged, expand the activity to copy the contents.
- Pop-in and Pop-out Activity Editor: While logging an activity you can make the editor full screen using the new pop-out option. Once the editor is full screen, you can bring it to the original floating position using the same option.
- Link to CTA from an activity: If an activity is logged from Cockpit, you can now access that CTA using a link provided on the activity.
Click CTA. The related CTA appears in a new window.
- Search configuration in Success Plans for lookup fields: Navigate to Administration > Success Plans. Admins can now configure search and filter criteria for lookup fields in Success Plans.
To configure a lookup field:
- Create a lookup field.
- Click the Edit icon in any of the Success Plan type sections. Success Plan Info Field Configuration is displayed.
- Click +FIELD to create a new field. Create New Field dialog box is displayed.
- Create a lookup field.
- Select the field type as Lookup.
- Select a lookup object from the available options.
- Enter a value in label and API Name as displayed in the following image:
- Click CREATE to add the new field or click CANCEL.
- Drag and drop this field into the Details section as displayed in the following image:
- Click the gear icon. A Configuration window is displayed for the relevant field.
- Click +ADD to add the Search Fields as required.
- Click +FILTER to add the FILTERS as required.
- Click SAVE to save the configuration or click CANCEL.
Refer to the following image to view the search result fields in C360 > Success Plans as configured:
- Access Timeline in Account and Opportunity Widgets: You can access the Activity Timeline from Account and Opportunity widgets. You can log activities and notes, create follow-up tasks, and access drafts in the Account and Opportunity widgets. You can enable/disable Activity Timeline in Account and Opportunity Widgets at Administration > Activities.
- In Account Widget:
- In Opportunity Widget:
- Enable/Disable Activity Timeline: You can enable/disable Activity Timeline in Accounts or Relationship Types. You can enable/disable Timeline in areas like C360/R360, Cockpit, Account Widget, and Opportunity Widget. While enabling/disabling Timeline for all accounts at once, you can enable/disable Timeline only for a particular relationship type. By default, Activity Timeline is enabled in all modules of Gainsight.
To enable/disable Activity Timeline:
- Navigate to Administration > Activities.
- Select Account or Relationship.
Account: Select Account to toggle Activity Timeline in C360, Cockpit, Account Widget, and Opportunity Widget. For example, if you select Account and disable the Timeline in Cockpit, the Activity Timeline will not be available for all of the Account level CTAs. However, if Timeline is enabled for Relationships, it can be seen in Cockpit for CTAs created on relationships.
In the Enable Timeline in section, select the areas in which you would like the Timeline to be enabled.
- Relationship: Select Relationship to toggle Activity Timeline for a specific Relationship Type.
- Select a Relationship Type.
- In the Enable Timeline in section, select the areas in which you would like the timeline to be enabled.
Attach files in Activity Timeline: Files such as photos, spreadsheets, presentation decks, and PDFs can now be attached to an activity. Multiple attachments can be added at a time. Files with these extensions are supported in Activity Timeline - jpg, jpeg, gif, png, bmp, pdf, doc, docx, txt, ppt, pptx, xls and xlsx.
To start attaching any file:
Click on the attachment icon.
Select the file(s) that you want to attach.
Note: Maximum attachments per activity is five and maximum file size per attachment is 5 MB. You can preview the attachment soon after uploading.
The paper clip icon shows that the specific activity has file(s) attached with it.
When you expand the activity, you can see the attachment. You can download the attachment from the composer.
To delete an attachment, click the delete icon. There is no undo option available after deleting the attachment.
Note: Users who can edit the activity, only they can add/delete attachments. Activity/Timeline can be searched by attachment name and attachment-content.
Gainsight introduces the Shared 360 functionality which enables Admins to share customer information (in read-only mode) with non Gainsight/SFDC users. This feature helps align the stakeholders of your customer, partner or vendor on a single source of truth. Shared360 enables everyone involved in an account to coordinate and prioritize their actions around a unified understanding of health. Stakeholders can view the Shared 360 through a web page for easy access outside of the Gainsight application. It is configurable by Admins and may contain Summary, Account Attributes, Reports, and Relationships sections. The configured information can then be shared through email as a link, with optional security settings with the recipients’ ids.The recipient needs to be added as a GS user into the GS User object (which will be in MDA). For more information on how a GS user can be added, refer to Gainsight User Object.
IMPORTANT: Shared 360 (link) can be shared with anyone who’s been added to the GS User object - regardless of Gainsight or Salesforce license status. Admins can choose to add an optional One Time Password (OTP) that can be generated for a maximum of five times per link and the end-user can re-try it three times. There is also an option to set up an expiration date.
- For more information about how admins can create, configure, manage, delete 360 Layouts, and help Customer Success Managers (CSMs)/Account Managers (AMs) to share customer information, refer to the Configure Shared 360 article.
- For more information about how CSMs/AMs can share customer information/360 view, refer to the Shared 360 Overview (for CSMs) article.
- For more information about how end-users (non Gainsight/SFDC users) can view the customer information/360 view, refer to the View Shared 360 article.