December 2018: 5.21 Release
- View all of a Person’s associations on the 360 page: The Person section in the 360 page displays all of the details of a Person, including associated details in the context of a Company or Relationship. Previously, if a Person was associated with multiple Companies or Relationships, you could not see the list of other Companies or relationships to which this person is associated, from one of the associated C360/R360 pages.
However, with this enhancement the 360 page now becomes a single source of truth for all the associations of a Person. You can now view all the Company or Relationship associations of a Person, from one of the associated C360/R360 pages. For example, an investor might collaborate with three different Companies, and therefore they’ll appear as an associated Person for all three Companies. Similarly, an employee at an organization who manages the installation process for three of your products will be associated in three relationships.
You can click any of the Company or Relationship names and navigate to the corresponding C360/R360 page, in a new tab.
To view the associations of a Person:
- Navigate to the 360 page for an Account or Relationship.
- Click the Person section, in the left pane.
- Click the required person name. The person detail view is displayed. You can view all the Company and Relationship associations of a Person from here.
November 2018: 5.20 Release
Person Section in R360: Gainsight Relationships enable you to model and manage different touchpoints with your customers, potentially based on the products you’re selling, the different business units you work with, or some other aspect. In these cases, the R360 will be the single source of truth for a Relationship. You also want to track the people (GS Person) associated with each relationship. Previously, if a Person was associated with multiple Companies or Relationships, admins required to create reports to get all the details of a person’s associations.
However, with this enhancement (Person section in R360), you can now add and associate Person(s) to a Relationship, view and update details of an existing Person in association to this Relationship, or delete associated details of the Person with this Relationship. You can perform all these actions in the newly introduced Person section in the R360 page.
Once a person is associated with a Relationship, you can do the following:
- View all details of a Person, including other Company and Relationship associations for the same individual, from the R360 page.
- Share Success Plans and 360 layouts with these individuals.
Prerequisites: To use this feature, you must complete two prerequisites. First, add a Person section to R360 layouts and then configure the Person section in R360 layouts. To learn how to setup R360 layouts, refer to Configure R360 Page and layout Types article.
To add Person section in R360 layouts (for Admins):
- Navigate to Administration > General > Relationships.
- Click the Configure icon for the Relationship type on which you wish to Configure Person section.
- Click the 360 layouts tab.
- Click the Edit icon for the required layout.
- Click the Sections tab.
- Drag and drop the Person section.
Configure Person Section: Once you add the Person section, you must configure it with the required fields. The fields you configure here are displayed on the Person section of R360 page.
To configure Person section:
- Click the Configure icon. The Person Configuration window is displayed.
- Drag and drop the required fields from the Available Fields to the Selected Fields section. The fields you add here are displayed on the Add Person page of R360. By default, Name and Email fields are added.
- Click the List View tab.
- Drag and drop the required fields from the Available Fields to the Selected Fields section. The fields you add here are displayed on the list view page of Person section in R360. By default, Name and Email fields are added.
- Click the Detail View tab.
- Drag and drop the required fields from the Available Fields to the Selected Fields section. The fields you add here are displayed on the Detail view page of Person section in R360. By default, Name, Email, and Comments fields are added.
- Click Save.
Once you complete these prerequisites, you and your end users can use the feature.
For end users to use this feature:
- Navigate to C360 page.
- Click the Relationships section.
- Click the Relationship name.
- Navigate to the Person section.
Add a Person: To add a new Person record:
- Click + PERSON. The Add Person window is displayed.
- Enter Name and/or Email and click SEARCH to check if the person already exists.
- If you get a person record that matches with Name and/or Email, click on the record to add association details of the current Relationship.
- If you see a message Person Not Found, click Add New Person. This action adds a new person into Gainsight.
Note: Gainsight searches the existing person by matching with Name and/or Email entered in this window. As per the result, you can either add association details to an existing person or you can add a new person to Gainsight.
Enter the Person details.
Note: You can see only those fields in the Add Person window, which were added in the Administration > Person > Search Configuration page by admins.
Edit a Person: To edit a Person:
- Select the required Person. The Person Detail view is displayed.
- Click the Edit field icon, for the fields to be edited. You can view only those fields which were added in Detail View tab of Person Configuration page.
- Click Save field icon after making the required changes.
Delete a Person: To delete a Person, click the delete button of the person. This deletes the association details of the Person to this Relationship but it does not delete all occurrences of this person.
When you delete this record, fields in other objects that are joined with the current object (Relationship Person) will honor the On Delete option selected in the MDA Joins of those fields. The Delete operation is applied to multiple dependency levels. You can find these dependencies (MDA Joins) in the Object Graph of any object. To see Object Graph of an object, navigate to Administration > Data Management > [Select an object] > Object Graph left pane. For more information, refer Creating Object Graph in MDA Objects.
- Comments field in C360/R360: As a CSM or sales professional, you need to keep track of client contact details, such as their personal interests/hobbies, temperament, current concerns, etc. You can capture unique characteristics of a Person (such as conversation tips), to help you or colleagues in future conversations with that individual in the newly introduced Comments field of the C360 Person section.
Comments made here about that Person will be available across all contexts of Companies and Relationships that the Person is associated with. By Default, the Comments field is added to the Detail view tab of the Person section of the C360 page. Post upgrade to Gainsight v5.20, navigate to Detail view tab in the C360 Layouts > Person configuration and Save the configuration. If you do not do this, end users cannot see the Comments field in the C360 > Person section.
Before saving the configuration, you can also add the Comments field to the List view and Add Person tabs. Comments is a Rich Text area field newly introduced with this release. For more information about the Comments field, refer to the New Field Comments in Person Object section in this document.
Once you add the Comments and other required fields, click SAVE to ensure that your configuration is saved.
Since the Comments field is now added to the Add Person, List View tabs, end users can view the Comments field while adding a new Person, List View, and detail view, as shown in the below images.
The List View and Detail View also display the Comments section.
October 2018: 5.19 Release
August 2018: 5.17 Release
July 2018: 5.16 Release
June 2018: 5.15 Release
Add a person record directly from C360 > Person: Users can now manually add a person record directly from the Person section in C360.
After the Admin has added the Person section to the 360, navigate to C360.
Click + PERSON. The Add Person dialog appears.
- Enter information in any of the fields and click SEARCH. The Search performed here uses the OR condition between the fields.
If a person match is found in the search results, then select the person and add more details if required and click SAVE. In this scenario, you are associating an existing person with the current company.
Note: While associating a person record to a new customer, the previous company associations will not appear.
- If a person match is not found in the search results, then click ADD NEW PERSON.
The Add Person section appears.
Enter Email Address and Name. In the Add Person dialog, following fields are mandatory:
- Email Address
- Fields from the Company Person object.
In the Company Association section, add information in the available fields if required. You cannot edit the Company ID information.
You cannot add a person record if the email address is already present.
You can associate an existing person record to a new customer and specify different metadata such as a different Role.
If a person record is already associated with the current company, then you cannot create the person record.
Adding a person record from R360 is not yet available.
Edit person record details directly from C360 (Inline Edit): From the C360 > Person section, users can directly edit and add person record information. Inline edit is enabled for fields that are available for a person.
In C360 > Person section, click a person record. The detailed view appears.
- Select a field from the detailed view and select a value.
- Click Save (checkmark icon). The details will be saved.
Note: You cannot add/modify info from a field if Edit Permissions are not granted.
Admin configuration for Person section in C360 (Add Person and Detailed View): Admins can add/modify fields in the Person section in the C360 from Administration > C360 Layouts. Two new tabs are provided for Add Person dialog and Detailed View in C360.
- Navigate to Administration > C360 Layouts.
- Edit or create a new layout.
- Add/edit the Person section in the layout.
- In the Person section, click the Settings (gear) icon. The Person Configuration dialog appears.
In the Add Person tab, configure the fields to display while adding a person record.
The fields added in this dialog will be available at C360 > + PERSON > Add Person dialog.
In the ADD PERSON tab, Admins can add fields from the Person object and Company Person object. Custom fields and Standard fields will be available in this tab for selection.
In the DETAIL VIEW tab, configure fields that will be available in the C360 > Person > Detailed View. Custom fields and Standard fields will be available in this tab for selection.
In the DETAIL VIEW tab, once you have added a field, hover and click Settings.
Enable/disable the Edit Permission option.
If you enable the option, users will be able to add/modify info from the C360 > Detailed View.
If you disable the option, users will not be able to add/modify info from C360 > Detailed View.
Click SAVE after configuring fields in all of the tabs.
Configure Global Search for Person records: Configure the fields available for a user to search for Person records. The fields selected in the Administration > Person page will include the unique identifiers for which person records are searched. You can add up to 5 fields in the Person page.
- Navigate to Administration > Person. The Person Config page appears.
- From the Available Fields pane, drag the required fields to the Selected Fields area.
- After selecting some fields, click SAVE.
Create activities directly from the Timeline tab: Users can now create activities from the Timeline tab directly. A new option + ACTIVITY is provided on the Timeline tab for this purpose. Using this option, you can create activities for Account and Relationship contexts. All activity types including custom ones created at the Global, Account, and Relationship levels will be available for selection.
From the Timeline tab, click + ACTIVITY and select an activity type. The Activity Editor appears.
Enter info in the required fields and click LOG. A new field Related To is introduced to relate an activity to an Account or Relationship. For more information, see the Relate an Activity to Account/Relationship enhancement directly below.
Relate an activity to an Account / Relationship: While creating an activity from the Timeline tab, users can relate the activity to an account or relationship using a new Related To option.
- Enter a minimum of 3 letters to initiate the Search.
- Search will be performed on the first three letters of the Account/Relationship.
- The search at Related Field functions as Starts With.
- You cannot relate an activity to a CTA.
- If the selected activity type is not enabled for a particular Account or Relationship Type, the search results will not show the Account/Relationship information.
- Relationship Search in the Related To field: When you search for a relationship in the Related To field, the search results will show the associated Account Name, Relationship Type, and Relationship details.
Share Activity Link with users in your org: Using the Share Link option, users can share an activity created in Timeline with other users in your Gainsight org.
- Hover over an activity and click the More icon (three dots).
- Click Share Link. The Activity Link dialog appears.
- Click COPY. The link to the activity will be copied to the system’s clipboard. You can paste the link in any channel and share with users in your org.
- To view the activity from the link, users need to have a Gainsight License.
Once the users click the link, they will view the individual activity as shown below.
To view the full list of activities in Timeline tab, click the Click here link at the top of the page.
View parent activity in CTA Timeline: In Cockpit > Timeline, you can view the activity from which the CTA was created. If an activity contains a follow-up task, a CTA is created in Cockpit. Now from Cockpit Timeline, you can view the activity associated with the CTA.
- In Cockpit, click a CTA that was created from an activity.
- In the CTA Detail View, click the Timeline sub-tab.