This article explains how to create a custom field in Renewal Center’s GS Opportunity object, map it in Salesforce Connector, and configure it in the Opportunity detail view.
Renewal Center allows you to create custom fields which can be mapped to your custom fields in Salesforce. You can also create custom fields to be used exclusively in Renewal Center. To use custom fields, you must first create the fields in the Gainsight data management section, map it in Salesforce Connector (with respective field from Salesforce), and configure it in the Opportunity list view or detail view.
In this article, an example custom field called Competitors is created in the GS Opportunity object. This field is used to track the competitors who can interfere with your renewal opportunity. It is assumed that this field is already configured in Salesforce. This field will be mapped with Salesforce’s Competitor field by using the Salesforce Connector and then this field will be configured on the detail view.
Create Custom Field
This section explains how to create a custom field in the Data Management section for the GS Opportunity object. You can refer to the Data Management article and then proceed with this section.
To create a custom field:
- Navigate to Administration > Data Management.
- Select the GS Opportunity object.
- Click ADD FIELD.
- Enter Competitors in the Display name field.
- Click ADD.
- Click SAVE.
Map Fields in Salesforce Connector
This section explains how to map the field created in the previous section to its respective field in Salesforce.
To map in Salesforce Connector:
- Navigate to Administration > Connectors 2.0.
- Click the DATA JOBS tab.
- Click the edit icon for the Opportunity sync job under the SFDC section.
- Expand Data source and Field Mappings.
- Click ADD.
- Map the Competitors field from Salesforce with the Competitors field from Gainsight.
- Click SAVE MAPPINGS. You need to configure other fields and sections of the Job. To learn more about these configurations, refer to the Configure Salesforce Connector Jobs article.
Configure Field in List View and Detail View
This section explains how to configure the newly created Competitors field in the Opportunity list view and detail view.
To configure the field in detail view:
- Navigate to Administration > Renewal Center
- From the left pane, click the Forecast Table.
- Drag and drop the Competitors field from the Forecast fields section to the Forecast Table view field Order column.
- Click Save.
End users can now view this field on the Opportunity List view.
Similarly, you can also add this field to the detail view. This can be configured from the Forecast Detail View pane. The steps remain the same.