Gainsight Email Service is enabled by default when MDA is enabled. If you want to distribute surveys using the Gainsight Email Service, you must enable this setting under Administration > Communication > Email Configuration. If you want to distribute surveys using CoPilot, you don't need to enable this setting.
To create a survey, you have two options:
- Click + SURVEY and enter the name of your survey
- Or, click the Vault icon and download a survey template (templates are visible under Survey > Drafts)
- For more information about Vault survey templates, see the vault Survey Asset List.
From the Properties page, complete the following details:
- Survey Logo Upload image or use previously uploaded image to be displayed at the top of the survey (2 MB max. file size and .jpg and .png file types are accepted)
- Survey Type The default option is to create a survey for Accounts in your org. If you are using Relationships in your org, you can also configure a survey for a specific relationship type.
- Survey Languages Select a language from the list. The list shows additional languages your Admin configured under Administration > Surveys > Survey Permissions. For more information, see the Multilingual Surveys Overview. You can select another another language for a survey after the survey is published.
- Survey Name internal name for the Survey; not displayed to customers
- Email Service By default this will be Salesforce. If you have setup the Gainsight Email or Marketo options, you will see those as well. If you want to send your survey to a dynamic list of participants, you must select CoPilot as your email service. All other email options only work with a static list of participants.
- Allow Anonymous Submission Capture survey responses anonymously from respondents within or outside of Salesforce. A generic link will be created and distributed. (this feature is not available if you distribute via CoPilot) If you select Allow Anonymous Submission, you will see two options displayed:
- Anonymous with account tracking: does not track who individual respondents were, but does track which account they are from
- Anonymous without account tracking: does not track individuals or accounts
CoPilot Email Service & Survey Link Option
- In the Associated Object field, salesforce or MDA objects can be selected. Gainsight natively supports Case and Opportunity object in SFDC and all objects in MDA. In order to support more SFDC objects, you must create a lookup to another SFDC object in the Survey Participant object. In this example, an MDA object called Survey Support Request from the drop-down is selected.
- In the Associated Field, if the Associated Object is a SFDC object, the Associated Field is by default selected as record id. If the Associated Object is an MDA object, Associated Field can be any field available in the MDA object. In this example, Case Number is selected from the drop-down since the Associated Object is an MDA object.
- The CoPilot Power List > Show Fields must have the associated object and associated field in it, to automap tokens. In the Outreach, the tokens are automapped and passed to the survey. For more information on using Survey Links, refer to Survey Links: Closing the Survey Feedback Loop with CoPilot.
- Allow Internal Submission Check this box if you would like to be able to manually enter responses on behalf of survey recipients. This might be used if you had a low response and decide to do a phone campaign to ask the same questions. When enabled, the internal submission option appears on the Surveys > Distribute page, in the Actions column. (this feature is not available if you distribute via CoPilot)
- Description A short description or instructions to appear at the beginning of the survey
- Thank You Choose Message, Redirect URL or Custom Page. Message will enable you to type in a custom message. Redirect URL will allow you to put in a URL that the participant will be directed to when clicking Submit at the end of the survey. Custom Page will allow you to use your Salesforce sites.
- Footer Message Message that will be displayed at the bottom of the survey
- Survey code for backend purposes, available in reports and to track surveys. If left blank, Gainsight automatically generates a code.
- Survey title displays to survey participants at the top of the survey response page. If left blank, the Survey name (above) is used for the title.
- Survey Background Color Choose the survey page background color
To learn more about setting up and using survey permissions, see the article Assign Survey Permissions.
Note: Only users who have the View Response permission in Survey Permissions, will be able to submit responses to internal questions. For more information, refer to the Create Internal Survey Questions article.
Please see the articles referenced below to learn more about surveys. However if you are following the "How to Build a Survey" article path, we recommend continuing to learn about surveys following the order of articles presented there.