This article explains how to enable survey permissions and assign permissions to surveys.
Enable Survey Permissions
Follow these steps to get started:
- Navigate to Administration > Surveys.
- In the Survey Permissions section, click CONFIGURE.
Survey Module Level Permissions
Survey module level permissions can be updated by an administrator. The permissions configured by administrators are applicable across all surveys. To configure survey module level permissions, click on the “Click here to configure permissions” link from the Administration > Survey page.
Administrators can assign the following survey module level permissions:
- Create: Users with “Create” permissions can create new surveys.
- Edit: Users with “Edit” permissions can edit survey configurations such as survey name, survey start date/end date, etc. of any survey in the system.
- Design: Users with “Design” permissions can add/delete/reorder survey questions, and add/edit logic rules of any existing survey in the system.
- Publish: Users with “Publish” permissions can publish any existing survey.
- Distribute: Users with “Distribute” permissions can add/edit recipients of a any survey in the system.
- Close/Open: Users with “Close/Open” permissions can close an existing surveys that is live or open a closed survey.
- Preview: Users with “Preview” permissions can preview existing surveys in the survey module. All users will be able to view existing surveys in the survey section of the C360 even without this permission. Users who have “Design” permissions will by default have “Preview” permission also.
- Analyze: Users with “Analyze” permissions can analyze responses of all surveys in the system.
- Delete: Users with “Delete” permissions can delete any survey in the system.
- Change Permissions: Users with “Change Permissions” permission can change permissions of other survey module users.
Sorting Users In Survey Permissions
You are able to group your users based on alphabetical listing by name, by role, or by profile. This filtering allows you to quickly update permissions sets for large groups of users.
Per Survey Level Permissions
Per-survey level permissions are administered by the owner/creator of the surveys and are applicable only to the survey in question. These permissions define who has access to a particular survey.
To configure per-survey level permissions, you can either:
- Navigate to Administration > Surveys > click on "Click here to configure survey permissions" > from the drop down at the top left, choose the survey name.
- Navigate to the Survey tab > select your survey > click Permissions as shown in the image above.
The Creator/Owner of a survey can assign the following permissions to other users on a per survey basis:
- Edit: Users with “Edit” permissions can edit survey configurations such as survey name, survey start date/end date etc of the survey in question.
- Design: Users with “Design” permissions can add/delete/reorder survey questions, and add/edit logic rules of the survey in question.
- Publish: Users with “Publish” permissions can publish the survey in question.
- Distribute: Users with “Distribute” permissions can add/edit recipients for the survey in question.
- Close/Open: Users with “Close” permissions can close and open the survey in question.
- Preview: Users with “Preview” permissions can preview the survey in question. Users who have “Design” permissions on a survey will by default also have “Preview” permission for that survey.
- Analyze: Users with “Analyze” permissions can analyze responses of the survey in question.
- Delete: Users with “Delete” permissions can delete the survey in question.
Assigning Permissions to One or Multiple Users
You can assign survey permissions to a single user or to multiple users belonging to a salesforce role, salesforce profile, salesforce group, or salesforce roles and subordinates. Perform the following steps to add survey permissions to a user or set of users.
- Click Add user(s).
- From the Search By drop down, select one of the following options - Users, Groups, Roles, and Roles and Subordinates.
If you want to search by users, start typing in the text box and the list of available users matching the entered text will start getting displayed on the available users section.
- To assign permissions to a set of users who belong to a particular salesforce group, select Groups from the Search By drop-down list . Select a group of your choice from the second dropdown that gets displayed. The list of all available users in the selected group will be displayed in the “Available users” list. Select one or multiple users for whom you want to assign permissions and move them to the “Selected users” section. Select the required permissions by checking the appropriate checkboxes and click SAVE.
- Repeat the same steps described above for selecting and assigning permissions to multiple users who belong to salesforce role, profile, or roles and subordinates.
- Select the appropriate permission set for the set of users by checking on the appropriate check box(s), and click SAVE to apply the changes.
NPS Survey Master
NPS Survey Master Edit is only used if you are importing historical survey data into Gainsight. NPS Survey Master Edit is used in conjunction with survey data in Excel to create survey details in Gainsight. This Master Edit allows the imported historical data to be assigned to a survey that way it can be utilized with future survey data.
Configure a New Language
To configure a new language for a survey:
- Navigate to Administration > Languages. By default, English is available.
- Click + ADD LANGUAGE. A new row appears.
- Provide a name and code of the language and click SAVE. The Survey Settings option appears enabled.
- Click Survey Settings. The Translate Survey Settings window is displayed.
- In the Translate Survey Settings window, provide translation text in the mandatory fields.
- Click SAVE.
You can add up to 15 custom languages (in addition to English). After the new languages are configured, Admins can configure multilingual surveys. For more information, refer to the Multilingual Surveys Overview article.
In the survey, respondents can hover on the Reset icon to see the message in their selected language, and the label Select Language changes as per the selected language.