This article provides instructions on how to update scorecards for individual customers on the C360/R360 page, as well as in a group using Gainsight Dashboards. Scorecards provide a systematic method for measuring customer health as a whole, and according to specific measures. Scorecards are configured by the Gainsight Admin. Scorecard measures are custom for every organization, but typically these measures are based on data from product usage, support tickets, engagement data, NPS or survey data, or the input entered manually by a CSM.
In the C360/R360 Scorecard section, the overall health score is displayed along with a trend indicator. The arrow indicates whether the customer's overall health score is trending up or down or remaining steady. Similarly, the bars to the right of the overall score display the overall health trend's history. On the right, there is also a large text field for notes.
Directly underneath the overall health score is a Customer Goals section. You can click the double arrows to expand this area and enter relevant goals (refer the image above).
Below the Customer Goals, individual scorecards are displayed for each health measure your organization is tracking. Scorecards are organized according to whether they are based on quantitative data or qualitative (subjective) data. Qualitative scorecards are the ones that CSMs are typically responsible for maintaining; CSMs can only update 'manual' measures. Whereas, rules can be used to update 'manual' and 'automated' measures. The manual and automated measures icons are shown in the following image.
Note: CSMs can modify comments for both manual and automated measures.
Types of Views in Scorecard 1.0
There are three views in the Scorecard (1.0) section.
- Compact View: Along the right side, there is a button for Compact View, which only displays the numeric scores and the measure names.
- Detail View: This view is displayed in the following image.
- Historical View: This view shows the overall and individual health scores over time based on the tri-color scale.
How to update Individual Scorecard Measures (1.0 and 2.0)
Note: This procedure applies to both Scorecard 1.0 and Scorecard 2.0
- Click the scorecard text section (which may be blank) to enter customer information related to that measure.
- Click the checkmark to save your changes, or click X to cancel as shown in the image above.
- Click the number in the upper left corner of the scorecard to display your options. A scoring scale appears and you can drag the circle on the scale to update the score. Depending on the measure, additional information may display that helps explain the current score. The following image shows an example of the Sponsor health score in the low trending zone.
- Click SAVE SCORE to save all the changes or click X to cancel.
- Click RENEW SCORE to automatically refresh the score based on available data and business rules that control that particular measure.
Note: You can click REMOVE SCORE if you find the particular score is no more relevant.
How to update Scorecards through Gainsight Dashboards
The Gainsight Homepage contains customized dashboards that display sets of reports. Your Gainsight Admin may have specifically configured a Scorecards Dashboard for viewing and editing, or the Scorecard report may be displayed as part of your My Customers Dashboard. In either case, you will see a table view of customer data with the overall health score and individual health measures displayed.
- Double-click a cell to display the scoring scale. You can drag the circle on the scale to update the score.
- Click SAVE SCORE to save your changes, or click X to cancel. Alternatively, click RENEW SCORE to automatically refresh the score based on available data and business rules that control that particular measure.
Note: the overall health score will be adjusted according to the weighting system in place for the measures.
- Click the column header name (for example, Overall Health, Sponsor, Reference as shown in the image above) to sort by ascending/descending values.
- Use filters at the top of the columns to quickly locate a specific customer, or to filter for customers with upcoming renewal dates, for example.
- To add comments about a measure, click the Comments checkbox in the upper right corner. An editable field for comments is displayed for each measure in the table.
- To add goals for a customer, click the Goals checkbox next to the Comments checkbox. An editable field for goals is displayed for each measure in the table.
- (Optional) Click Filter (funnel icon) to create an advanced filter, or click Export to export the table to Excel.
Note: When you click the Customer name on the left, you will be navigated to the Customer 360 view.
Tip: Along with updating scorecards from a dashboard you also have the option to mass-edit scorecard measures from Report Builder. For more information, see update scorecards by mass-editing from Report Builder.