This tutorial explains how to download and customize a Rule template from Vault to trigger new Calls-to-Action (CTAs) when other CTAs change state. This rule is based on the closure of your Kickoff CTA, which will trigger the next CTA in the process, log a milestone to indicate the new customer is kicked off, and update the customer’s stage. Note: you can use this process for any of your lifecycle CTAs, as it's a common practice we see across Customer Success organizations.
Download Rule from Vault
There are a few different rules within Vault that we can use, including:
- Change Stage, Milestone, CTA for Kickoff, Launched, Adopting from Closed CTAs V1
- Stage to Kicked-off, Lay Milestone, Create Onboarding CTA from Closed CTAs V1
In this tutorial, we use the Change Stage, Milestone, CTA for Kickoff, Launched, Adopting from Closed CTAs V1 rule. The asset can also be found under:
Vault > Operationalize Customer Lifecycle > Lifecycle Design > Rules based off Opportunity
Configure and Customize the Rule
- After you’ve downloaded the Vault assets, you can review the following steps and make any necessary edits to the rule to fit your business processes.
- Setup Rule - Action: Build Rule based on Close of Kickoff CTA
- Source Object: Call to Action
- Show - Drag over the following fields:
- Call to Action::Account
- Call to Action::Account Name
- Call to Action::Closed Date
- Call to Action::Reason
- Filters - Drag over the following fields to use as filters:
- Call to Action::Closed Date | greater or equal | Subtract N Days from Rule Date = 1
- Call to Action::Closed Date | less or equal | Rule Date
- This ensures the rule will run during a 24-hour window.
- Call to Action::Reason | includes | New Customer
- Click “Next”
- Create a “Load to Customers” Action, which will update the customer from their “New Customer” stage to “Kicked Off”.
- Select “Load to Customers” under Action Type
- Configure based on your company’s business processes. In this case, you’ll need to create a Custom field and map your Stage (such as “Kicked-Off”)
- Additionally, you’ll need to specify a Criteria:
- Call To Action::Reason / includes / value / New Customer
3. Create an action that will specify the CTA settings.
- Select “Call to Action” under Action Type
- Configure to your company’s business processes. We recommend making it a “Medium” priority, “Onboarding” reason, “Event” type, “Customer Onboarding” playbook, “Account::CSM” owner field
4. Track customer progress and trends across your customers by adding a second action to Load to Milestone:
- Trigger new CTA off of Close Milestone = New Customer; Date Subtract N Days from Rule Date 1
- Criteria: Call to Action::Reason includes value New Customer
Working on challenge A7?
After you complete this exercise, you can continue to the tutorial on triggering an upcoming renewal CTA.