At a high-level, the following are the required steps:
- Create or Review Rule for Setting Milestones
- Create a Custom Field
- Create Rule to Check for Milestone
- Enhance Rule for Setting Milestones
Step 1 - Create or Review Rule for Setting Milestones
In order for this tutorial to work, a rule that creates milestones must exist. If your org already has a rule that creates milestones for “Go Live!, then skip this step.
- Go to Administration > Rule > + Rule.
- Select Rule Type as Bionic and Rule For Account. For more information on Bionic Rules, refer to Getting Started with Bionic Rules.
- Enter the rule name. For example, Admin: Milestone Go Live!
- (Optional) Enter a rule Description.
- Click NEXT to navigate to the Setup Rule screen.
- Click DATASET TASK to enter the task details:
- Task Name
- (Optional) Task Description
- Output Dataset Name
- Select the Usage Data object.
- Add to Show:
- Account::Account Name
- Usage Data:: Logins (Change to Count of Logins)
- Customer Info:: Orig. Contr. Date
- Add Filters:
- Usage Data:: Logins greater or equal 100 (enter the amount of logins to check)
- Customer Info: Orig. Contr. Date greater or equal Subtract N Days from Rule 9 (enter the amount of days to check)
- Click SAVE to save the task details or click CANCEL.
- Click +ACTION and select Load to Milestones Action Type.
- Select Rule Date.
- Select the Milestone name.
- (Optional) Enter comments to help describe the milestone's purpose.
- Click SAVE.
Step 2 - Create a Custom Field
Create a field that allows a rule to check if a milestone already exists.
- Click your name > Setup > Create > Objects > click the Customer Info object.
- Scroll to Custom Fields & Relationships, and click New to create a new field.
- In Data Type, select Checkbox, and click Next.
- For Field Label, enter Has Go Live milestone.
- (Optional) Enter a description and click Next.
- Select Milestone as the source object.
- In Show, add Account::Id.
- In Filters, add Milestone::Account Name contains Go Live
- Click SAVE to save the Task details.
- Navigate to Setup Action.
- Click +ACTION.
- Select Action Type as Load to Customers.
- Under Field Mappings, map Account ID to Account (REFERENCE).
- Click +FIELD MAPPING, and set custom mapping to Has Go Live Milestone (BOOLEAN).
- Click SAVE. Schedule & Run the rule.
Step 4 - Enhance Rule for Setting Milestones
After completing the above steps, you can edit and add these enhancements to the Admin: Go Live! Milestone rule:
- In Show, add Customer Info::Has Go Live Milestone
- In filters, add Customer Info::Has Go Live Milestone not equal to and select the checkbox
For tips and information on how to schedule a rule, see the Scheduling Rules article.
Ensure to run the Does Customer have Go Live! Milestone rule prior to Admin: Milestone Go Live!