This article describes how to create a rule that will track sponsor changes, and notify your CSMs of changes through a Call to Action. We utilize a Vault asset which you can customize to suit your business requirements. CSMs will be notified within 24-48 hours of changes to their sponsor’s status.
UPDATE 9/8/17: You should observe that the Sponsor Tracking service is now working better than ever due to some product enhancements that were part of the Summer release. We have implemented changes that will help filter out false positives and trivial profile changes (e.g. renaming Gainsight to Gainsight Inc.), and push only valid profile changes to you. Please be patient with us as we work through our backlog of tracking and validation requests over the next few weeks. During this period, there may be some minor delays in pushing profile updates.
Download Vault Asset
Download this rule from Vault:
- Show field:
- Account::Created By ID
- SponsorTrackingHistory::Account Name
- SponsorTrackingHistory::Contact Name
- SponsorTrackingHistory::ChangedAttribute equals title
- SponsorTrackingHistory::Created Date greater or equal Add N Days to Rule Date (-1)
- SponsorTrackingHistory::Created Date less than Rule Date
- SponsorTrackingHistory::ChangedAttribute equals company
- SponsorTrackingHistory::ChangedAttribute equals location
- Logic: (A or D or E) and B and C
- This ensures that a CSM will be notified if any one of the following are changed with their sponsor: company, title, location
Action Setup: Call to Action
- Navigate to Setup Action within the same rule
- Action Type Call To Action
- Name: Sponsor Tracking Notification
- Priority: Red
- Reason: Exec Sponsor Change
- Type: Risk
- Playbook: Loss of Business Sponsor playbook (Reminder: Download this from Vault)
- Default Owner: Account::CSM
- Comments: Add tokens (by typing @ to see the options available) to create an automated message to your CSM
- We recommend scheduling this on a daily basis
Working on Challenge B7?
After you complete this exercise, you can continue to the Configure Scorecard Rules for Company Risk tutorial.