This article provides an overview of the Gainsight Home tab. The Gainsight Home dashboards are customized to display sets of reports for stakeholders, including individual CSMs, managers, executives, and boards of directors. Admins must configure dashboards within Administration > Dashboard Builder. For more information about the setup process, refer to the Configure Gainsight Home Dashboards (aka, Layouts) article.
- Review dashboards in executive or team meetings. Optionally, you can export the images and insert them into presentations; or email them to internal users as PPTs.
- Use the ARR at Risk report to strategize with your team for the upcoming quarter.
Gainsight Home Tab
In the top ribbon, you can always see the following fields as shown in the following image:
- Dashboard menu & search: Drop-down list that contains all dashboards.
- Global Search: Drop-down list that contains Customer search starts with, Customer search contains, and Relationship contains options which enables you to search for customers. In addition, an Admin can configure customer search to include additional fields for searching a customer. For more information, refer to Configuring Customer Search Settings (C360).
- If a report description is available, it appears when you hover on the report title.
Email/Export Dashboard to Gainsight users
You can email dashboards to Gainsight users in your organization as a powerpoint presentation (PPT) using the EXPORT option available on the Gainsight Home page.
- If the current user has configured report visualization types or local filters, they are respected in the PPT version of the dashboard. Global filters are also respected.
- If the dashboard contains tabular reports, approximately 10 rows of data will display per slide for that report.
- You can also export a report created from a Data Space to PowerPoint.
To email a Gainsight Dashboard:
- Click EXPORT. The Email Dashboard as powerpoint window appears.
- Enter the email of the internal Gainsight recipient, subject of the email, and an optional message for the recipient.
- Click SEND NOW. The email is sent to the email ID's specified.
- (Optional) Click SEND TEST EMAIL. The Gainsight Dashboard is sent to the logged-in user for verification.
Dashboard Level Filters
If your Admin setup Dashboard Level Filters, you will see a filter underneath the dashboard menu. In this example, a filter for CSM Team Manager allows each manager to view data for only their teams in the dashboard reports. To release the dashboard filter, delete the filter text.
For Admin instructions on how to setup dashboard level filters, refer to the Configuring Gainsight Home Dashboards article. If you would like dashboard level filters enabled or more information in a report drill down, you can contact your Gainsight Admin.
Note: dashboard level filters cannot be used for UI Views such as the Scorecard Summary View as shown in the following image.
Tabular Report Overview
In a tabular report, you can:
- Sort ascending/descending by clicking the column header.
- Select an operator by clicking the Operator underneath the column header.
- Filter within a column by typing in the open field underneath the column header.
- Update Score by double clicking, if yo uare viewing Scorecard Summary View.
- Click on customer name to jump to the Customer 360 view for that customer.
- Click Export option (circled in image below) to export an individual report.
- Wrap text in tabular reports: In Gainsight dashboards, an option to Wrap Lines in tabular reports is provided. If this option is enabled, the text will wrap based on column size when dragged or resized. This feature works in Gainsight homepage dashboards and in reports exported to Excel.
Graphical Report Overview
- Drill down: Click any data point to see a tabular list of customers who fit the filter criteria. (see the following section for more info)
- Chart options: Click the gear to access various chart options, including export.
- Notes: On the Gainsight Home page, for reports, users can switch to the visualization/settings that were configured by their Admin in Report Builder using the Clear Settings/Filters option. However, if the dashboard contains a global filter, the Clear Settings/Filters option will not appear.
- Visualization type: Click the report icon to change the visualization type (some options may not be available based on the report parameters).
The drill down view refers to when a user clicks on a data point in a dashboard report, and a new drill down view opens with just that data. Column filtering and export options are available from the drill down view.