This article explains how admins can configure a dashboard for sharing. CSMs can share a dashboard as a link via email with a user from the Gainsight Home tab. For example, a CSM could share the Monthly Renewals dashboard with the CRO of the company, which is delivered as a link via email. To enable CSMs to share a dashboard, the dashboard must first be configured for sharing by the admin. The configured dashboard can then be shared through email as a link, with optional security settings. In order to receive the dashboard as a link, the recipient must be added as a GS user into the GS User object (in MDA). For details on how to add GS users, refer to Gainsight User Object. For instructions on how to bulk upload contacts to the GS Person object, refer to the Bulk Load Contacts article. Dashboards can be shared with anyone who is added to the GS User object, regardless of Gainsight or Salesforce license status.
You cannot share a dashboard containing UI Views or Scorecard 1.0 reports.
Configure the dashboard for sharing
- Navigate to Administration > Dashboard Builder.
- Open a dashboard. Click the Share Actions icon.
- Click Share Settings. You can choose to add an optional One Time Password (OTP) which can be generated a maximum of five times per link, and the recipient can re-try it three times. There is an option to add an expiration date, and to enable export of the reports in the shared dashboard.
- Click SAVE.
- To manage users for whom access has been provided, click Manage Access from the Share Actions menu. You can choose to filter the users based on active, revoked, and blocked status. The following details are displayed on this page - Shared with, Shared by, Shared on, and Expires on.
- In the Manage Access page, to revoke access for a user, select the check box corresponding to the user and click REVOKE ACCESS. The following message is displayed:
- Click YES to cancel access for the selected users for the dashboard.
For information on how CSMs can share a dashboard, see the Share Dashboards article.