This article addresses frequently asked questions about Sally - the Gainsight bot.
How does Sally improve collaboration? Are features like tagging other users or groups available?
Yes, tagging users or groups is supported in Slack. You can tag Sally (mention with '@') and query from a channel directly and get the response message in the same channel. You can also tag colleagues and ask them to review a health score or low customer sentiment.
What queries can I ask Sally today?
Five customer level queries and two user-level queries are supported.
- Account/customer information:
- Get me the summary of <<company name>>
- Health score for <<company name>>
- Show me NPS for <<company name>>
- Recent activities for <<company name>>
- Sponsors for <<company name>>
- CSM for <<company name>>
- User Information:
- My CTA
- CTAs Due Today
- CTAs Overdue
- Tasks Due Today and Tasks Overdue
Can I query for Relationship data?
Currently, we support the following intents at the Relationship level:
- NPS Survey Responses
- Attribute Section
- CTAs for a Relationship
- CTAs for a Relationship and are assigned to you
The following are the query patterns that are supported:
- The keyword 'Relationship' is necessary to identify that the query is at the Relationship level.
- Summary of Relationship 'Relationship Name'
- Summary of Relationship 'Relationship Name' of 'Customer Name' (to be used when there are multiple relationships with the same name for multiple accounts).
- Summary for Relationships of 'Customer Name' (to be used when the user only knows the Account name).
Do I have to ask the queries using specific terms?
Generally, Sally can interpret natural language queries. For example, a user could enter: "Hi Sally, tell me about Abbett," and Sally will return the Summary info for Abbett. However, if you want to know the account owner, Sally only recognizes <CSM Name> in queries at this time.
Can users get notifications from Slack?
Not at this time, but it's in the future roadmap.
How can Admins create new Gainsight users without Gainsight licenses?
Navigate to Administration > User Management to create a new user.
What other platforms does Sally work with? And what platforms do you plan to support?
For now, Sally works with Slack. In the immediate roadmap is E-mail. In the long-term roadmap, we plan to support HipChat, Spark, and Microsoft Teams.
Does Sally honor SFDC permissions at this time?
Not at this time. Sally will display data (for all users) in the context of the permissions for the user who enabled MDA in your org.
Can you add Chatter notes from the Sally bot?
Currently updating data in Gainsight is not supported from Slack.
Is Sally for a Gainsight internal user, or for a fully licensed Gainsight user?
Users do not need full Gainsight licenses to access Sally.
Can we add non-Gainsight users to the Slack channel?
You need to add users as Gainsight users before granting access to Sally.
Can we ask Sally to close a CTA with specific status? Like with a status of 'Closed No Action'?
This functionality is not currently supported.
Does Sally work with R360?
Not currently, but it is part of the feature roadmap.
Can you ask for overall health scores, for example - per region health score or overall customer health?
You can ask for the overall health score and measure level scores at the account level.
Will I be able to create a list that automatically gets updated as new team member joins our Slack channel? Or will I have to manually add each team member as a Gainsight user?
New Slack users need to be manually added every time from Administration > Sally page.
Can I bulk import everyone in my Slack team as a Gainsight user?
You can select all users on a page and add as Gainsight users from the Administration > Sally page.
If a non-Gainsight licensee asks for my CTA's, will Sally throw an error?
Sally will say that there are no CTA's assigned.
Does Sally support custom activity types from Timeline?
Yes. Sally offers support for custom activity types from Timeline, along with standard activity types such as Updates, Calls, Meetings, and Emails, etc. Sally will now return activities of custom activity types as well.
Can Sally tell me the name of the Account Owner?
Yes. Admins can map the appropriate field in your org to the CSM field in Administration > Customers. However, Sally only recognizes <CSM Name> in queries at this time.
- Intro to Gainsight Sally bot (4 min. video) - 2 short videos on how end-users can use Sally and on Admin configuration.
- End-user article - addresses how end-users can use Sally in Slack.
- Admin Configuration for Sally - explains the procedure for Administrators to configure Sally for your Slack team.
|Note: If you have questions or any feedback about the feature explained in this article, please start a conversation on community.gainsight.com.|