With the Shared 360 feature, Admins can create, configure, manage, delete Shared 360, and help Customer Success Managers (CSMs)/Account Managers (AMs) to share customer information/360 view (in read-only mode) with non Gainsight/SFDC users. This feature provides stakeholders with a quick snapshot of the customer’s key information and product usage data in preparation for meetings with the customer. This is configurable by Admins and may contain a Summary, Account Attributes, Related List reports, and Relationships sections. The configured information can then be shared through email as a link, with optional security settings with the recipients’ ids.The recipient need to be added as a GS user into the GS User object (which will be in MDA). For more information on how a GS user can be added, refer to the Gainsight User Object article.
IMPORTANT: Shared 360 (link) can be shared with any internal contacts who have been added to the GS User object - regardless of Gainsight or Salesforce license status.
This article explains how to configure, share, and manage the Shared 360 view, which is composed of the following four standard sections:
- Related List (Reports)
- Shared 360 aligns the end-users of your customer, partner or vendor on a single source of information.
- Shared 360 enables everyone involved in an account to coordinate and prioritize the actions around a unified understanding of health.
- Shared 360 enables end-users to easily access information (view only mode) outside of the Gainsight application through a web page.
The following image shows the High-Level Workflow: Shared 360 for Customer's Admins/CSMs /End-users.
As this feature relies on the standard MDA Object GS User to share the layout with users, ensure that the following items are available in your orgs before using Administration > Sharing > 360 Layouts:
- Standard MDA objects.
- Ensure that Gainsight Connect is enabled, as this is used to sync the SFDC data into MDA data.
- Ensure that Company/Relationship/User Standard Objects are synced through Gainsight Connect in order to use this feature.
- Ensure that the non-SFDC users have their records in the GS User object to share the layouts. For more information on how to ingest user records into the GS User object, refer to the Gainsight User Object article.
- A maximum of ten layouts can be created for the C360, and five for each relationship type.
- Users can choose to add an optional One Time Password (OTP) that can be generated for a maximum of five times per link and the end-user can re-try it three times. There is also an option to set up an expiration date.
- A layout can be shared only through preview mode (read-only) from Customer 360 > three dots > Share C360 > SHARE. For more information on sharing C360/R360 Layouts, refer to the Preview Shared 360 from C360 section.
- Slack Access can be enabled only if the mapped GS User is active. As Slack-access cannot be disabled automatically, it remains enabled even though the GS user is deactivated. For more information about Slack, refer to the Sally - the Gainsight bot article.
Admins can choose to configure link sharing settings for the following users:
GS Users: Internal users who are not necessarily Gainsight or SFDC users, but want to access 360 Layouts. These users must be first imported into the standard GS User object in MDA. For more information, refer to Gainsight User Object.
Note: Gainsight recommends GS Customers' CSMs/AMs to use the Shared 360 feature only for their internal users for now. CSMs/AMs will be able to use this feature to share information with their external users after the next major Release. However, in case of exceptions, if CSMs/AMs want to share layouts with external contacts, they need to have the C360/R360 layout without One Time Password (OTP) verification. Later, they can share this layout with themselves to receive a link that can be shared with the relevant contacts of interest. Since the OTP is not mandated, the link can be viewed by these contacts when they click on the link.
Gainsight highly recommends customers not to include external contacts to the GS User object, they can share layouts internally for now and wait until the next major release to share externally.
The Shared 360 Preview page has been configured to be available to the Gainsight Standard User and Gainsight Admin permission sets. As an Admin, you can create, view, and manage permission sets for your users from Setup > Manage Users > Permission Sets.
If your CSMs have some other permission set and you would like to provide them access to this functionality, you can enable the "ExternalLayoutsPreview" Visualforce page (as shown in the following image) for your CSMs/AMs to share the 360 with their end-users from Customer 360 > three dots > Share C360.
Create Shared 360 for C360/R360 Layouts
As part of the layout configuration, the admin has the option to create a layout for Accounts or Relationships. Perform the following steps to create a 360 Layout:
- Navigate to the Administration > Sharing > 360 Layouts > C360 LAYOUTS tab .
When a layout is created for Relationships, the admin is prompted to choose the Relationship type for which the layout is created as shown in the following image.
- Click +LAYOUT. The following dialog box appears where you can provide the Name and Description about the new layout.
- Click SAVE.
- Navigate to the layout configuration page of the newly created layout where you can add/remove/ configure the Summary, Attributes, Reports (Related List), and Relationships sections.
- Set any layout as default. If any layout is set as default, the layout will link the dashboard hyperlinks for the account to redirect to this layout every time end-users land to the C360 > Share 360 Layouts page.
- Click Sharing settings to configure the link security settings by selecting the expiry date for the Shared 360 link, and optionally, by making the One Time Password (OTP) verification process mandatory to provide an additional layer of security to protect sharing data with external people and prevent misuse.
Admin can configure Security Settings as follows:
- Mandate OTP Verification: This is to provide an additional layer of security to protect sharing data with external people and prevent misuse. The users who access the link will be sent a unique OTP verification code to the email id. Only after the OTP is entered will the users be allowed to access the link. The validity period of the OTP is as long as the expiry period of the link.
- Link Expiry Settings: The shared link has a default expiry period, which can be configured by the admin and is applicable to the layout.
Note: When a layout is created for relationships, the admin is prompted to choose the relationship type for which the layout is created. It is visible while creating the layout for a Relationship type.
Configure Shared 360
This section describes how Gainsight customers’ Admins can configure shared 360 for CSMs who shares the usage data and other relevant information with the end-users.
- Navigate to Administration > Sharing > 360 Layouts.
- Navigate to the C360 LAYOUTS tab.
- Click on the edit icon of the relevant layout. This navigates you to the Section configurations screen.
- In Section configurations, add section types. The following section types are available to drag and drop to the Selected sections while configuring the layout.
- Summary (you can add only one summary)
- Related List (No limitation)
- Attributes (No limitation)
The following image shows the Setting configuration page in C360 LAYOUTS tab.
The following image shows the Setting configuration page in R360 LAYOUTS tab. In the page, you can add fields to a section while adding/creating a new layout. Attributes that were associated with the Relationship Type during configuration will appear under the GS Relationship object.
- Click the gear icon to configure the specific sections.
- When you click the gear icon to configure the Summary section, the Configure Section window is displayed. Add the Fields/Widget report types to the summary section in the layout.
Note: Up to six items (Fields/Widgets) can be displayed in the Preview > Widget panel.
- Click SAVE to preserve the configuration.
- Drag and drop the Attributes sections from the Available sections to Selected sections area in the relevant layout.
Note: You can drag and drop Attributes sections multiple times.
When you click the gear icon to configure the Attribute section, the Configure Section window is displayed. Click +Field to add fields from the Customer Info object as attributes.
- Click SAVE.
- Drag and drop the Related Lists (reports) sections from the Available sections to Selected sections area in the relevant layout.
- In the Related List section, you can add reports built with the Report Builder. In the relevant layout, drag the Section from the left pane to the right, and click the configuration gear on the new section.
- Source: This is the object the report is based upon.
- Account ref fields: This contains the list of the SFDC object /MDA object, from where you need to select.
- Select default reports to be shown in this section: Once you select a source, the list of all the reports configured using the object is displayed.
- Select default report to be shown in this section: If you select more than one report to include in your new section, you can identify one of them as the default.
Sharing Settings for Shared 360
The admin can choose to configure link sharing settings for the layout as follows:
- Click Sharing settings as shown in the following image.
- In the Security Settings area, select the Enable OTP Verification check box to ensure additional security authentication for end-users. The One Time Password (OTP) verification process is optional, as it provides an additional layer of security to protect the data shared with external people and prevent misuse.
Note: Admins can decide whether or not the OTP is required for any specific layout.
- Select the Add an expiration period check box.
- From the drop-down list, select the expiry period that is applicable to the layout.
- Click SAVE.
Preview Shared 360
To share a 360 Layout:
- Navigate to Customer’s Customer 360 > three dots > Share C360.
- Verify the data before sharing the layout with the end-users. Clicking Share C360 navigates you to the Share 360 page as shown in the following image:
- From the drop-down list, Select the 360 Layouts created for sharing with the end-users. Perform the following steps to share the R360 Layout from the Share 360 page:
Click Relationship as shown in the following image.
Click on the Relationship card name. This navigates you to the R360 layout page configured by admin and where you can verify the data before sharing with the end-users.
4. Search for a specific section in the layout directly using the search field.
Click SHARE as shown in the following image. Email Layout dialog-box appears.
Select a user, enter subject and note in Email Layout.
- Click SAVE.
Click on the icon shown in the following image to view the list of users with whom the link is shared while looking at the Shared 360 page in the preview mode.
Note: But recipients/end-users of the shared 360 link cannot see who else it was shared with.
View Shared 360
One Time Password (OTP) Verification
When admin selects the Enable OTP Verification check box in the Sharing settings page and selects the user(s) id in Customer 360 > three dots > Share C360 > SHARE > Email Layout > [click SEND], a unique OTP verification code will be sent to all the registered email ids with whom the link is shared.
The following image shows the notification that end-users receive. End-users/recipients perform the following steps to access the Shared 360:
- Click Click here to view in the email as shown in the following image.
When end-users click Click here to view to access the link that has already been revoked, the following message is displayed.
In case the link is expired or OTP access is invalid, the same message is displayed to the end-users. In this case, end-users need to contact the person (CSM/AM) who shared the link with them.
- Click SEND to request an OTP password to be sent to the registered email ids.
- Check the mail inbox. End-users receive a mail that contains the One Time Password as shown in the following image:
IMPORTANT: This One Time Password is time sensitive and will expire in case of repeated unsuccessful attempts. Reinitiate the access request in case the OTP is expired in order to receive a new OTP.
- Enter the OTP number.
- Click RESEND if the OTP is not received.
Note: The OTP is valid for 5 minutes for the users to enter it for validation and access the information through Shared 360. If it expires, the users need to send a request to the admin to resend the Shared 360 link.
- Click VALIDATE. End-users can access the shared 360 page (read-only mode) that opens in a new tab, as shown in the following image:
Manage Layout enables the admin to modify the shared active links, revoke access, and perform actions to manage the layouts and links shared.
- Navigate to the Administration > Sharing > 360 Layout > C360 LAYOUTS tab.
- Click MANAGE LAYOUTS.
Manage Layouts page contains Customer, Layout Subject, number of Active Users, Revoked Users, and Blocked Users. This page also contains the REVOKE ACCESS button.
- Click REVOKE ACCESS. The following message is displayed.
- Click YES to cancel the access for all the end-users of the same layout(s).
- Note: If end-users try to access the same link that has already been revoked, the following error message will be displayed.
Admins can delete layout(s), even if they were shared with end-users. The layout link that was shared with the end-users becomes invalid immediately after the layout is deleted.
Note: Admin cannot delete the default Shared Layout.
If a layout is not shared with the end-users, Admins can delete it directly. If a layout is already shared with end-users, admins should revoke the access to the end-users first and then delete them.
When a layout (link) is shared for R360 with the end-users and the relationship is deleted, the page does not display any data when the end-users click on the link and shows error message.
To delete a layout:
- Click the delete icon. The following message appears:
- Click YES to delete a layout directly. If the layout is already shared with the end-users, following message appears to revoke the access:
- Click OK.
- Navigate to MANAGE LAYOUTS and revoke access to the end-users. refer to the Manage Layouts section. Now, you can delete the Layout which was shared with end-users.
|Note: If you have questions or feedback about the feature explained in this article, please share them on community.gainsight.com.|