At Gainsight, we use the Survey module and CoPilot to distribute our NPS Survey to customer cohorts on a monthly basis. We use CoPilot Power List criteria to identify customers who are at a particular stage, contacts in certain roles, and customers whose lifetime is equal to an interval of 6 months (6, 12, 18, etc).
We prefer fresh NPS data, so we send surveys on a monthly basis to some customer contacts, but use criteria to ensure that the same contacts don’t receive a survey request more than once every 6 months. This frequency aids customer engagement, but hopefully does not lead to survey fatigue.
This article walks you through how to setup a similar Power List in your org. You can modify it according to the relevant roles, stages, and other criteria in your org. Custom SFDC fields used in criteria are marked with an *.
Create Power List
- Navigate to CoPilot > Power Lists > click +Power List.
- Select Account or Relationships and derive the list from Salesforce > Contacts.
- In the Criteria, add “Customer Info::Customer Lifetime in Months” equals 6, 12, 18, 24, and so on, as pictured above. This ensures that you’ll only send surveys to customers whose lifetime equals one of these values. (You can also choose a different interval based on your business.)
- Add criteria for Customer Info::Stage, and Contact::Role*, or Contact::Secondary Role*, as pictured above.
- (optional) Add criteria for the “Contact::NPS Response this month?”*. This is a custom field that we set up on contact records to track whether individual contacts have responded to an NPS survey this month. If they have (indicated by a 1 in this field), then we won’t send them a reminder email later in the month. (example image above) This tutorial walks you through creating this field and a rule to manage the reminder email process.
- Add criteria for CustomerInfo::Status includes Active, to avoid contacting inactive customers.
- Modify the criteria Advanced logic. Our example above uses the following:
(A OR B OR C OR D OR E OR F OR G OR H OR I) AND J AND (K OR L) AND M AND N
Custom SFDC Fields
The above Power List utilizes some custom SFDC fields which you may not have set up in your org.
- Contact::Secondary Role
- Contact::NPS Response this month?
For information on how to add a custom SFDC field, see this article and/or contact your SFDC Admin.