Each Model has optional components that can be Enabled/Disabled, as well as a Conditional Wait option, that controls the amount of time that must pass before the next message in the email chain is sent based on set conditions. Some models also have a Set Timer section that controls the time interval before the next message is sent automatically.
Certain emails within a model, such as the “Head’s up” and “Thank you” emails within the NPS model, can be enabled and disabled depending on the needs of the user. To enable or disable these components, click the Yellow Diamonds in the model. Then select ON/OFF. Disabled emails are gray, and turn blue when enabled.
Conditional Wait is represented by a dark blue octagon. Clicking Conditional Wait allows a user to control how much time has to pass before a Reminder Email is sent to the recipient, or an Escalation Email is sent to the CSM, and how often these emails should be sent. The amount of time can be configured in Days, Hours, or Minutes.
- Repeat N times: set this to 1, if you just want to send one reminder to the contact, or adjust based on your needs. (We are working on changing this label to Send Email N times.)
- Wait for N Days: This wait period is the total time you would like to wait for the user to respond to the Survey before ending his Adv. Outreach lifecycle. After this time has expired, the survey will still remain active, and if the customer responds or opens the survey email this will record within both the Adv. Outreach and the survey. We are currently planning an enhancement that will allow users to expire the link in N days after it has been sent to a participant.
Conditional Wait Example
- The first section marks the end of a participant’s life cycle. After 28 days, the participant no longer will receive reminders and their participation status will be completed.
- The second section enables configuration of reminders, while the third sets the wait time for an escalation email.
- If the second or third sections are assigned higher wait times than the first, the reminder/escalation mails do not go out.
Set Timer is represented by a blue circle. Clicking the Set Timer option allows a user to control the time interval before the next email in the campaign is sent automatically. This is usually configured between a Heads Up Email and a Survey Email. The Timer begins after the heads-up email is sent.
Each Advanced Outreach model contains multiple email template placeholders; however, not all of these emails are included in every model:
- Survey Email: This email should contain the survey link.
- Heads Up Email: This should be configured to let the customer know ahead of time that a survey email will be sent to them in the near future. Sending a Heads Up Email has proven to increase a survey's response rate.
- Reminder Email: When customers have not responded to the sent survey, this email should be configured and sent to remind customers about to complete the survey.
- Escalation Email: This email should be configured to send to the account's CSM, or another role managing the customer's account. The purpose of this email is to let the account owner know that the customer has not completed the survey, and to suggest next steps.
- Thank You Email: This email should be configured to express gratitude to customers that have responded to the survey.
To configure each email within the model, click the email element.
Users have the option to configure the following:
- To address of the email
- From Name of the email
- From Email displayed within the message
- Reply-To address of the email
- Template of the email’s content (must be Email Template 2.0)
Note: After a link to a survey is established within an Advanced Outreach, it can not be changed to a different survey within the email configuration page. To change the survey, click the pencil icon to edit the details of the Advanced Outreach.
After the email template is selected, users have the option to map any included tokens and to link to any selected surveys.
After configuring the Advanced Outreach, users have three options before exiting the model:
Save: This saves any configuration changes made to the model.
Publish: This publishes the outreach and begins the process of sending messages to participants.
Cancel: This exits the model without saving any configurations that have been made.