Anywhere the Cockpit List View displays (Cockpit tab, C360 Cockpit section, or Account widget), users can click the name of a CTA to access its details. Similarly, if users click a task's name, the task details will display. The CTA and task detail views are where CSMs can update status, add comments, re-assign ownership, adjust the due date, and more. Additionally, various attributes are visible, and potentially editable in these views, depending on how your Admin configured the detail views. For information on how to configure these views, refer to Configure Call to Action (CTA) & Tasks Detail View Layouts.
CTA Detail View
If you click on a CTA's name, you will see the expanded view which includes more information about the customer. From here you can:
- Change the CTA Owner
- Edit the Due Date
- Snooze the CTA (see How to Use the Snooze Option below)
- Mark the CTA as a Milestone (For more information, refer to Milestone Usage & Analytics)
- Click the down arrow to Add Task, Apply Playbook or Delete CTA. If a Playbook was already applied, you will see an option to Replace Playbook, to remove the old and add a new one.
- Log a Timeline activity for the particular account or relationship, and tied to the specific CTA and create tasks for this activity. For more information, refer to Timeline feature in CTA Detail View.
- Attach files within a CTA and share with a group of people
- Edit CTA Reason
- Edit CTA Priority
- Edit CTA Status
- Add Comments (not pictured -- see Chatter on Calls to Action below)
- Share Chatter posts (not pictured -- see Chatter on Calls to Action below)
- Click the Orange arrow to collapse the Expanded View
The main reason you would want to snooze a CTA instead of closing it is to make sure Rules Engine is not firing similar CTAs. For example, say you have a rule that triggers CTAs when there are less than 5 logins per week. Then you find out that the customer is on vacation for a month. In this scenario, you could snooze the CTA instead of closing it, and in effect avoid getting another CTA in the next 3 weeks for which you know the usage is going to be low.
- To snooze a CTA, click the clock icon in the CTA detail view.
- Select a date for the CTA snooze to end, and select a reason for snoozing. Click Snooze. The Snooze is in effect through the selected date. The Snooze date is based on the SFDC org timezone setting, not the individual user's setting.
- To view snoozed CTAs in the Cockpit List View, you must select the filter icon in the upper right corner, and select "Only snoozed CTAs." Snoozed CTAs also display in C360 > Cockpit.
- To update either Snooze Date or Snooze Reason, click the clock icon again and change the details as required. Click Update.
- To un-snooze a CTA, click the clock icon and click Un-Snooze then the CTA will reappear in the Cockpit List View. Users can now track the previous snooze date in the same dialog.
Note: The snooze option and snooze reasons are configured by your Admin. For more information on how to configure the snooze option, refer to Configure Cockpit: CTA Types, Reasons, Priority, etc and Federated Customer Management.
Timeline feature in CTA Detail View
You can access Timeline Activity from the CTA detail view to log an activity (for the particular account or relationship, and tied to the specific CTA). The Timeline functionality in the CTA detail view is the same as in C360/R360 > Timeline. You can create tasks for an activity in the Timeline tab and these tasks are added to the same CTA. For more information on Timeline Activity, refer to Use Timeline to log Activities.
- Navigate to CTA detail view > Timeline. All the activities tied to the CTA appear here.
- Click + to log an Update, Call, Meeting, and Email or click any Activity in the Activity dialog to update.
- Information (i) icon while logging or updating an activity shows the CTA Name and Account / Relationship Type information.
- Click Activity Drafts icon in the top right of the Cockpit view. This option shows all the activity drafts which were started but not logged in CTA detail view > Timeline. Users can open an activity draft, edit, and log into CTA detail view > Timeline from here.
- Tasks created from Cockpit > CTA detail view > Timeline or C360/R360 > Timeline can be edited or deleted from Cockpit only, and they can be read only from C360/R360 > Timeline.
- Timeline is not fully implemented in Widgets. Enhancements are planned for an upcoming release.
Task Detail View
If you click on a task you will be able to:
- Edit Task
- Delete Task
- Edit Task Priority
- Edit Task Status
If the task was part of a Playbook, you can see the Playbook Name and the Playbook Completion %.
If you have Chatter enabled on Calls to Action, you will see the option to post to Chatter and include Files and Links in conjunction with, or instead of adding comments. To learn more about enabling Chatter and/or Comments, refer to Chatter: Integration Overview.
By default, the Chatter post will include #Gainsight-Cockpit and #<CTA name> tags to help provide context to the Call to Action from which a post is being made. These tags can be manually deleted before making the post. You may also @mention colleagues via Chatter. In addition, special formatting is provided in CTA Chatter posts (see image above). However, it does not support formatting in comments on chatter posts.