When users click the Cockpit tab, the default view is the List View. The List View provides the primary workspace for CSMs to manage their Calls to Action (CTAs) and Tasks. Alternatively, CSMs can view the same information in the Calendar View; or if the Cockpit is configured as its own section in the C360, CSMs can work an individual customer's CTAs and tasks there.
Cockpit Display Options
In the List View, you will see the following options in the top header:
- CTA Filters or Views: My CTAs is the default
- Search CTA box
- Group CTA by list
- Sort CTA by list
- Add CTA
- Filter: includes default filters for Assignee, Snoozed, Status Report Category, Flagged, Priority, Reason, and CTA Type (Flagged CTAs are also known as Important CTAs)
- List View/Calendar View options
- Export CTAs option
Filters and List View Columns
Click the Filter icon on the right. Users can see two tabs:
- FILTERS: It has default filter options. Click +FILTER to add fields, operators, and values based on your requirements. You can see following default filter options:
- Assignee: shows current user name by default. Users can change the assignee to another user or all users. You can select the checkbox next to user name to include CTAs without assignees.
- Snoozed: Select the checkbox to include snoozed CTAs in the list view.
- Status Report Category: Select one or multiple status report categories to include respective CTAs in the list view. Each status is mapped to one status report category. The available status report categories in filter are Open, Closed Won, and Closed Lost.
- Flagged: Select the checkbox to include important CTAs in the list view.
- Priority: Select one or multiple CTA priorities to include in the list view.
- Reason: Select one or multiple CTA reasons to include in the list view.
- CTA Type: Select one or multiple CTA types to include in the list view.
- COLUMNS: Click +ADD to add up to two fields. By default, ASV, and Renewal Date fields are included in the CTA list view and will be replaced with the ones that you select. For more information, refer to Create Custom Views in Cockpit.
- APPLY: When users click this button, filters on the existing view are applied for the current session.
- SAVE AS NEW: When users click, filters on the existing/new view are saved, and users should assign View Name for the session.
- To remove a filter, click the icon X next to the filter and click APPLY.
By default, you will see CTAs where you are the owner (My CTAs). Click the Filter icon to search for another user, or select All CTAs to see all CTAs.
- Created Date (New) has three different groups showing CTAs: CTAs created 'Today', in the 'Last 7 Days', and CTAs that are 'Older than 7 Days'.
- Due Date (Due) has four different groups showing CTAs: 'Overdue', due 'Today', due in the 'Next 7 Days', and 'Upcoming'. Note that CTAs with Overdue tasks will show up in the Overdue group even if the CTA itself is not overdue.
- Customer allows you to group multiple CTAs by one customer together.
- Type groups the different types of CTAs together.
- Status allows for CTAs with the same status to be grouped together.
- Priority allows for CTAs with the same priorities to be grouped together.
- Reason allows for CTAs with the same reasons to be grouped together.
- Source allows for the different CTA sources to be grouped together (Manual, Rules, Survey).
- Relationship allows for CTAs with the same Relationship type to be grouped together.
- All shows all CTAs. The All option will remove the grouping and default to Sort By.
Perform the following steps to add a CTA.
- In Cockpit, click +CTA. Add CTA dialog appears.
Depending on which CTA type you choose, you will fill in corresponding details including fields such as:
- Associate contacts
- CTA Type
- Due Date
Note: You can edit the CTA after you click SAVE to:
- Add Task
- Add Playbook
- Set as Milestone
Click the export icon in the far right to:
- Export CTAs
- Export Tasks
- Export Both
Export will be based on the filter applied from filters section and client side filters (Filters on the strip like CTA Type, Severity, Owner etc...) will not be honored. All the details visible in Cockpit along with fields added to the summary section from Account and/or customer info object will be included in the export. Chatter feed will not be included in the export. Files will be exported as comma separated values (.csv).
Additional List View Options
From the list view, you can also:
- Check the box to mark a CTA as closed. Closed CTAs are still visible in Cockpit.
- Click the Important flag to mark important items with a blue flag.
- See which CTAs are overdue. If the CTA is not overdue, but an associated task is, there will be a special icon to show that the CTA is trending toward overdue.
- Click the # of Tasks to see associated tasks and mark tasks as complete. If you click on a task name, you will see task detail view.
CTA Detail View and Task Detail View
You can attach multiple files from Salesforce or your computer in the CTA detail view and share the files with a specific group, per your org's chatter group configuration. For more information about how to use the CTA detail view and task detail view, refer to Using Call to Action (CTA) & Task Detail Views.
Note: The file size must not exceed 2 GB.
When a CTA is added or updated, an email notification can be sent to the owner. To learn more about notifications, refer to Configure Internal User Email Notifications.