This article explains how to configure the Cockpit List View, General Settings, and Reporting Categories. To get started, navigate to Administration > Workflow > Calls to Action.
List view field configuration
The List view section determines which two numeric list view fields are visible in the Cockpit. ASV and Renewal Date are the default list view fields.
To configure the list view columns:
- Click the X button to remove a default list view field.
- Click the +ADD button.
- Select the list view fields. (maximum 2 fields)
- If the length of the attribute is greater than available space, ellipses are displayed and the full value is shown in a tooltip.
- Long text area fields can not be added as list view fields.
- The selected list view fields in this section are visible in the CS360 and R360 > Cockpit section also.
- In Cockpit, end users can create custom list views, and select their own list view columns. Their selections will replace ASV and Renewal Date as the default list view fields.
In this section you can configure the following:
- Snooze: Turn on to allow the option to snooze CTAs, when the CSM knows they can't take any action. For more information, refer to Using Call to Action (CTA) & Task Detail Views.
- Associate Contacts: Allows CTAs to be associated with a particular contact on the account. For more information, refer to Configure Associate Contacts.
- *Make chatter posts for CTAs: If Chatter is enabled, use this setting to determine at what level posts are collected.
- If you only want to use comments, choose None.
- If you want to use Chatter and Comments you will choose Account, Customer, or Call to Action and put a check next to Show Comments.
You can see the following options in the Make chatter posts for CTAs list:
- Account: Will post all the way up to the account, making the chatter post visible to everyone in the company.
- Customer: The posts live within Gainsight. Only Gainsight users can see the posts either on the C360 chatter widget or in any CTAs associated with that company.
- Call To Action: The Chatter post and history will only be visible within that CTA and only for Gainsight users. Once the CTA closes out, that chatter conversation essentially goes away.
* Before you can select the object to post Chatter to, you must enable Feed Tracking for that object in Salesforce Setup. For more information about Chatter setup, refer to Chatter: Integration Overview.
- Auto-sync tasks to SFDC: When turned on, tasks will be synced to Salesforce and will live in both locations. When one is closed, the other will also close. Gainsight recommends you turn this ON for non-Gainsight users to have visibility from the SFDC Account page.
- Automatically track email assist emails in timeline: When Admins switch this toggle On, Emails sent from Email Assist tasks are tracked as an activity in CTA detail view > Timeline.
- Show objectives in C360 Cockpit: Admins can see a toggle button Show objectives in C360 Cockpit. By switching this toggle On, users can see objective type CTAs tied to Success Plans in C360 > Cockpit.
- Choose ‘From’ email address in email assist: This enables the Admins to select the Logged-in User or Email Assist Domain Configuration as the From address in Email Task. For more information, refer to Choose ‘From’ email address in email assist.
When you complete the settings in this section, click SAVE or click CANCEL.
Configure Associate Contacts
Admins can configure lookup fields using search and filter criteria for associated contacts (at both account and relationship levels). This helps to fetch the search results more efficiently by narrowing down the number of results in the fetch query. All of the associated contacts configured here can be selected in the Account and Relationship CTA Detail View - Contacts field.
To configure search and filter criteria:
- Click the gear icon. The Associate Contacts Search Configuration dialog box is displayed.
- Enter the required information as displayed in the following image:
- Search Fields: By default, Contact name and Email are added to this section. Admin can add:
- Contact object fields
- At least one field mandatorily
- A maximum of four fields
Note: Only searchable fields are available in this drop-down list.
- Contact Object: Available only in Relationship level. Admin can select from the contact object or relationship contact object.
- Account fields: All the accounts fields in the Contact object or Relationship Contact object (at relationship level) are available here.
- Admin can use +FIELDS to add fields to filter criteria. Account/Relationship level - By default, Contact Account ID = CTA Account ID is added
- Admin can modify the expression as required.
Click SAVE to save the configuration or click CANCEL.
Choose ‘From’ email address in email assist
Admins can customize the ‘From’ email address in Email tasks at both the Account and Relationship levels. Refer to the following image:
Admins can select:
- Logged-in User: By default, this option is selected. This cannot be de-selected.
- Email Assist Domain Configuration: If this option is selected, the domain(s) configured in Email Configuration is displayed in the consumption area.
To configure the domain:
- Navigate to Administration > Email Configuration > COMPLIANCE.
- Click ADD DOMAIN to add a new domain. For example, GainsightSupport.com. Multiple domains can be added.
- Click SAVE to save the configuration.
Refer to the following image to view the domain name as configured in Email task :
There are specific default reporting categories configured for each CTA element. Admins can edit and delete the default reporting categories and add new categories. When Admins create or edit a CTA element, it can be mapped to a common CTA element category. To configure the reporting categories in the CTA type section:
- Navigate to Administration > Calls to Action > Call to action type section.
- Click REPORTING CATEGORIES button. CTA Type Categories dialog appears.
- Click the X button to delete a default category. Click the pencil (Edit) icon to edit the Reporting Category Name.
- Click +CATEGORY to add a new category. Admins can see the specific categories while creating or editing a CTA element.
- Configuration of reporting categories for other CTA elements is similar to the CTA type.
- If a reporting category is mapped to any CTA element which is used in the Cockpit, it cannot be deleted from the CTA configuration.
- Using the Reporting Categories button, Admins cannot add, edit or delete a CTA status reporting category. This button is provided just to view the default reporting categories.