Admins can link different CTA types with one or more SFDC objects that are related to an account. Linking allows end users to perform additional actions within the CTA detail view. For example, if you link Contacts or SFDC Opportunities to a CTA, the end user can link the CTA to an existing Contact or Opportunity, or create new ones in SFDC. With linked objects, Admins can essentially configure CTA forms that will display or collect information from the end user directly in the Cockpit.
The SFDC objects which have at least one field with a look up to the account will be available in the Linked Objects section to link to CTAs. Examples: SFDC Opportunity, Milestone, Cases, etc. For specific use cases and instructions, see Create CTA Forms Using Linked Objects (written tutorial), or this video.
To add a linked object to a CTA type:
- Select a CTA type (eg. Risk) and a linked object (eg. Case). A new field will be created on the CTA object which will hold reference to the linked record.
- Bi-directional association: Enabling bi-directional sync will create a field on the linked object to hold reference on the linked record back to the CTA. De-linking the object will not remove fields from the corresponding objects and should be deleted manually from the back end.
- Account Fields: When the linked object is mapped to an Account Field (Ex: Account ID), end-user from same account can see the mapped linked object in CTA detail view while linking an object.
Once an object is associated, you will see a new sub-tab under the Detail view layout configuration where you can add fields from the selected object into that section.
Configure Detail view layout configuration
1. Select the CTA Type. (This configuration is per CTA type.)
2. Click the new linked object sub-tab (eg. Case) and create a new group by clicking “+ Group” or edit the existing Default Group (change the name by clicking it once).
3. Click +Field to add the fields you want to display in the CTA detail view.
4. Set the fields to Read Only or Mandatory as needed.
5. Click Save.
From the Cockpit list view, users will be able to view the fields you've configured, and/or create a new record of this type, or link with an existing record. Example: You could create a new SFDC opportunity or link with an existing opportunity from the Cockpit.
Case linked object example:
Opportunity linked object example:
- Admin must have permission to link objects, otherwise they will see an error upon saving. Go to Setup > Profiles > edit your profile > [enable modify all data].
- Objects having Read Only permissions in Salesforce setup can be linked in CTA configuration but the fields can only be viewed in CTA detail view.
- Objects having Read and Write permissions in Salesforce setup can be linked in CTA configuration. End users can view and edit the fields in CTA detail view provided Bidirectional Association is enabled in Linked Objects section.
- If you are linking to any Gainsight object, you will only be able to link a CTA with an existing record but will not be able to create new records.
- ‘Task’ and ‘Call to action’ objects are not supported.
- 'Description' should be an added field to the task layout; and 'Comments' should also be added to the CTA detail view layout configuration for the desired CTA types in order for comments on tasks to appear on SFDC tasks.