This article provides information on the following topics:
If you have Salesforce users who are also responsible for managing tasks, and they do not have access to Gainsight, you can sync tasks between Salesforce and Gainsight to enable collaboration.
Following are the two methods to enable task syncing:
- Admin Method: Admins can automatically sync tasks from Gainsight to Salesforce. Navigate to Administration > Calls to Action > General settings to set Auto-sync task to SFDC as ON. This enables the tasks to sync automatically to Salesforce and also makes these tasks available in both locations.
- If you have Relationships enabled in your org, you can see the Auto-sync task to SFDC toggle button at the Account and Relationships levels to configure tasks in the respective CTAs.
- Gainsight recommends you turn Auto-sync task to SFDC on to increase task visibility for non-Gainsight users.
- End-user Method: Users can manually sync tasks to Salesforce using the Sync to Salesforce option in Cockpit. Navigate to Cockpit > List View and expand the task list for a CTA. You can click the Sync to Salesforce or Desync from Salesforce option as needed for individual tasks.
If a task is created in Gainsight and assigned to a user with no access to Gainsight, then the user can access the task in Salesforce.
There are two locations to access tasks in Salesforce:
- SFDC Home page, My Tasks section.
- In customer’s Account page, Open Activities section.
To view Gainsight tasks on the customer’s account page:
- Click Accounts tab.
- Search for and/or click an account name.
- On the Accounts page, click Open Activities. All the tasks related to the account are displayed.
You can add or remove fields from the Gainsight task detail view.
Perform the following steps to add or remove fields:
- Navigate to Administration > Tasks.
- In the Detail View Layout Configuration section, add a field or a group of fields.
- Click + FIELD to add a new field to the task detail view layout.
- Enter the name of the field. You can also select from the list of available fields.
- Click + GROUP to add a group of fields to the task detail view layout.
- Click SAVE. Navigate to Cockpit and click a CTA task to view the newly added field.
The following image shows how a default field (for example, Due Date) appears in the task detail view.
You can configure Gainsight tasks to contain custom fields. The following procedure walks you through adding a checkbox to a Gainsight task. For example, whenever a CSM meets with the customer, a checkbox could be used to indicate the type of meeting. The type of meetings can be Major Milestone, Information Gathering, and so on. Similarly, you can configure Gainsight tasks to include other custom fields.
Perform the following steps to add a checkbox field to a Gainsight task:
- Edit the CSTask object in Salesforce:
- Navigate to Setup > Installed Packages.
- Click Gainsight CSM.
- Click View Components.
- Click CSTask.
- Go to Custom Fields and Relationships.
- Click New.
- Select Checkbox and configure the fields are required.
- Navigate to Administration > Task, and click + FIELD.
- Add the checkbox and keep it unchecked.
- Click SAVE.
- Scroll to Task field mapping configuration and add your checkbox field.
- After the field is added, click SAVE. You can view the checkbox in the task detail view in Cockpit. If the CSMs select the checkbox in Gainsight and sync to Salesforce, the field will appear in Salesforce also.
For users who have permission to create Playbooks, you can choose to sync the tasks associated with it to Salesforce. This feature is introduced to enable non-Gainsight users to have access to the tasks created in Gainsight app. Once the sync is turned on at the Playbook level, all the associated tasks are synced to Salesforce. Also, you can choose to turn the sync off at the playbook level and sync individual tasks to Salesforce.