Success Plans must be enabled by your Admin to display on the Customer 360 Details page. Success Plans help CSMs monitor and drive success with individual customers based on objectives and criteria that they define. Success Plans use a Call to Action (CTA) type called Objectives. Success Plans may be composed of one or more Objective CTAs, and may include associated Tasks, either manually created or applied through Playbooks. For an overview of Success Plans, watch this 5 minute video.
To enable the Success Plans feature, Admins will:
- Configure Success Plan types, customize the Plan Info layout's information fields, and create objective categories
- Add a Success Plan section to the Customer C360
- (optional) Enable Chatter at the Success Plan level
- (optional) Create Success Plan Templates
For instructions on how to configure Success Plans for the Relationship360, see this article.
Configure Success Plan Types, Info fields, and Objective Categories
- Navigate to Administration > Workflow > Success Plans.
For every Success Plan type, you may customize the Plan Info layout page. Similarly, for every Success Plan type, you may create one or more templates for use with that plan type.
1. Select Account or Relationship, depending on which one you want to create Success Plans for. (If you choose Relationship, you will be prompted to select a Relationship Type to associate the Success Plan configuration with.)
2. Under Success Plan Type, click + Add Type to create new Success Plan types. Example types include: Joint (to be shared with the customer), Internal, and Corporate. Note: plan types cannot be deleted once they’re in use within a Success Plan.
3. In the New Success Plan Type window, enter the desired Name; then click Save & Configure Success Plan Info Layout for configuring the success plan info fields. You can also click on the pencil icon of an existing Success Plan Type to open the Success Plan Info Configuration page.
Note: For configuring Success Plan Info Layout, you must have 'Modify All Data' and ‘Customize Application’ permissions at the SFDC profile level.
Plan Info Layout Configuration
3. Some Success Plan fields are available by default. Click the Gear icon to mark fields as Editable by the end user. Additionally, you can change the Field labels. Then click Save. (Note: Modified field labels will appear in the Success Plan on the C360, but when you build reports, the fields will be available with their original field names.)
4. Drag-and-drop fields from Customer Info and Account objects in Drop here.
5. (Optional) click + Create New Field to create new fields as per your requirement. These fields will be stored in the CTA Group object and are available for reporting in the Reports Builder. You will need the 'Customize Application' and 'Modify All Data' permissions at the profile level. For more information on how to create new fields, refer to Creating New Fields.
6. Click Save at the bottom of the Success Plan Info Field Configuration page.
7. (Optional) You may re-name the sections (ie. Details and Other) as well as create additional sections within the Plan Info page.
Creating New Fields
To create new fields, you will need the 'Customize Application' and 'Modify All Data' permissions at the profile level. Contact your SFDC Admin if you don't have these permissions, or if you're unable to add new fields.
1. Click + Create New Field.
2. Select the appropriate field type from Select field type.
- New field Name character limit: 40
- Text type field character limit: 255 (i.e. 255 characters data can be captured in text fields)
- TextArea type field character limit: 8000
3. Enter appropriate field label in Enter label.
4. Enter appropriate API name in Enter API name.
5. Click Create. A new field is created in the CTA Group object.
6. To add your new field to the Plan Info page, you must drag and drop it into the relevant section, and click Save.
Note: In case you are unable to find an appropriate field type in Select field type, click the here link. This link takes you to the Salesforce page (New Custom Field) where you can create a new custom field.
Under Objective Category, click + Add Category to create new Objective Categories. Some categories are available out-of-the-box, including Research, Marketing, Business Development, Revenue, Relationship, Partner, Customer Success, Remove Barrier, and Other. To edit an existing category name, double-click the category name to edit it, and click the disk icon to Save. You may add unlimited categories. Categories are particularly useful for Success Plan reporting.
- A category cannot be deleted once it is in use within a Success Plan.
- You can have different objective categories for different success plan types and you can also utilize categories that are common across Success Plan Types.
Add a Success Plan section to the Customer C360
1. Navigate to Administration > Analytics > CS360 Layouts, and select the relevant layout.
2. Click the edit icon (pencil) on the Success Plans section.
3. Click the checkbox to Show in Customer360.
4. Click Save.
Users will now see the Success Plans section in the C360 page for individual customers. For information on how an end user will setup a success plan, read the article Create Success Plans.
Customize Objective CTA Detail View and Status
Note: The Statuses available in the CTA are based on your Calls to action configuration (along with the CTA detail views). If you wish to modify the detail view, or add Statuses, navigate to Administration > Calls to action. See Cockpit Configuration for more information on how to configure these elements.
Enable Chatter in Success Plans
From the Collaboration page of Success Plans, users can share and view Chatter posts specific to a Success Plan. These posts are only visible within the Success Plan.
To enable Chatter within Success Plans, navigate to Setup > Feed Tracking, and select the CTA Group object on the left. Then check Enable Feed Tracking. Temporarily, you must also select the Account object on the left, and Enable Feed Tracking. This issue will be resolved in a future release.
Create Success Plan Templates
Before Admins can create a Success Plan Template, you must configure at least one Success Plan Type.
To Create a Success Plan Template:
1. Go to Administration > Success Plan Configuration > Success Plan Template.
2. Click + Add Template.
3. In the Add Success plan Template window, enter or select the following details:
- Name: The name of the success plan template
- Type: Select the appropriate success plan type
4. Click Save.
5. On Success Plan Templates page, click + Add Objective; then enter appropriate details in the fields for the objective CTA. Custom fields that the Admin configured for the objective CTA detail view are also available. Note: For the Owner field, type in the appropriate Account Owner field from your org, and the actual name will be dynamically replaced with the template is applied to a Success Plan.
6. Click the down arrow to Map Playbook to the Success Plan template. Playbooks can not be edited in Success Plan configuration. Changes to Playbooks must be made in Cockpit > Playbooks, and then the changes will be reflected in the Success Plan template.
To make changes to the Template at any time, return to Success Plan Configuration > Success Plan Templates > and click the Edit (pencil icon).