This spreadsheet contains detailed information on permission sets in Gainsight and SFDC, our default permissions, plus specifics about which profiles have access to which features, classes, pages, and objects.
Common in the Features column (of the Master worksheet) means that the permissions are applicable for both the Administrator and the User (CSM).
- For Administrator/User, you must have access (at least read/view access) to the objects and pages that fall under the Common feature.
- You must have access to all the classes.
- If you assign certain permissions to a particular object, you must assign the same permissions to its standard fields and custom fields, as required. For example, if you assign read access on CustomerInfo, you must also assign read access to the CustomerInfo standard fields and custom fields, as required.
- You must assign JBCXM and any of your desired permission set to a user or admin. For example, you must assign JBCXM and Admin, JBCXM and Standard, or JBCXM and readonly permission sets.
- Please refer to the Permission Sets in Gainsight and SFDC Permissions worksheet before assigning permissions.
The following example describes how to assign permissions to Cockpit:
1. From the Master worksheet, first assign permissions to all the Common features.
2. Apply appropriate filters on features to display Cockpit features (you may also select Cockpit-Admin, if Admin permissions are to be assigned to the user).
3. For each of the Cockpit rows under the Feature column, assign JBCXM and Admin/Standard/Readonly, as applicable.
When Gainsight is installed in your Salesforce environment, you will see 5 default permissions sets that come with the package.
NOTE: The standard permission sets are not editable. This is a SFDC limitation. If you would like custom versions of these permission sets, we recommend cloning the existing permission set and making the necessary modifications. You will need to give this cloned permission set a different name than the standard one. The following sections contain a high-level summary of the default permission sets in Gainsight.
Default Permission Sets
The default permissions sets can be used to easily assign the appropriate Gainsight permissions to users or profiles. Each time Gainsight puts out a new release the standard permission sets will be updated to give access to new objects, fields, apex classes and visualforce pages.
In order for a user to access Gainsight they will need to be assigned a Gainsight License and the appropriate permissions. To learn more about assigning a Gainsight license click here.
This permissions set gives access to all Gainsight Objects (ViewAll, ModifyAll), Apex Classes and Visualforce Pages.
JBCXM GS Permission
Used to give access to Gainsight objects that have a master detail relation with Account.
This permission set gives access to all the Gainsight Objects (Read, Create, Edit, Delete), Apex Classes and Visualforce Pages, except for the Admin pages.
This permission set gives access to the Account/Opportunity widgets, which includes the ability to create/edit/view CTAs. If reports, scorecard and milestones are added to the Account widget, the user will see these too, but it does not provide access to the full C360.
This permission set gives the user access to the Permissions Load Action option in Rules Engine page and to access Administration > Users List page
Note: It is recommended that when assigning permissions to a user, you assign Gainsight Admin and JBCXM GS Permissions, Gainsight Standard and JBCXM GS Permissions, or Gainsight Limited and JBCXM GS Permissions. Optionally, you can also assign Gainsight Special to user for managing rules.
|Permission Set in Gainsight||Gainsight License Name||User Type|
|JBCXM GS Permission||N/A||All Users|
|Gainsight Standard||Platform||End users|
|Gainsight Special||N/A||Rules Engine user only|
|Gainsight Limited||Limited or Sales||Account/Opportunity widget users|
|N/A||Limited - Service Cloud||Service Cloud users
|N/A||Limited - Zendesk||Zendesk widget users
Gainsight for Salesforce Communities
Because the Gainsight Widget is displayed on the Salesforce Account Page in Communities, you can use native Salesforce Account Permissions to restrict access.
Access Permission Sets
To access the permissions sets you will:
Click on Setup in the Upper right hand corner of the screen
Filter on the left hand side for Permission and click on Permission Sets under "Manage Users".
How To Assign A Permission Set
Choose Manage Assignments.
Choose Add Assignments which will allow you to assign this Permission Set to users
Select the users who you would like to assign the Permission Set of View Only and click the "Assign" button.
Once you have successfully assigned the Permission Set, you will receive this message showing it was added to the selected user(s).
Please note that permission sets can be used to add permissions to a user or profile but cannot be used to take permissions away. If a user belongs to a profile that has Gainsight Admin Rights, applying the Gainsight Standard permission set will not take the admin rights away. In order to do this you will need to edit the profile and remove those rights at the profile level.
Best Practice for Assigning Permissions
When assigning permissions to a Gainsight Standard, Admin, or Limited user the best practice will be to assign the Gainsight Standard/Gainsight Admin/Gainsight Limited permission set and the JBCXM GS Permission sets.
Note: You will want to edit the JBCXM GS Permission set to include any tabs you want your standard users to have turned on by default. In addition you will need to go to Assigned Apps and enable JBCXM.Gainsight.
Best Practice for Admin User Setup
When assigning permissions to an Admin Gainsight user the best practice will be to
- Assign the Gainsight Admin permission set
- Clone the JBCXM GS Permission set and call it JBCXM ADMIN GS Permission and assign JBCXM ADMIN GS Permission
Note: You can edit the JBCXM GS ADMIN Permission set to include access to the Administration Tab.