Account Hierarchy is used to model child and parent account structures. Gainsight offers Admins the option to configure an account hierarchy up to 5 levels deep and display it in the C360, Account, and Opportunity widgets. Admins will select a look-up relationship field on the SFDC Account object to help pull in the Account Hierarchy data.
For example, if Coca-Cola Global is a parent account for Coca-Cola APAC, Coca-Cola EMEA, and Coca-Cola NA, then in turn Coca-Cola APAC is a parent of Coca-Cola India and Coca-Cola Japan.
This article explains how:
You must have the https://app.gainsight.com URL configured at Setup > Administer > Security Controls > Remote Site Settings.
Configure Account Hierarchy
To configure Account hierarchy:
1. Navigate to Administration > General > Account Hierarchy.
2. From the drop-down box, select the lookup relationship field from Salesforce.
- Drag-and-drop fields available under Available Fields to Selected fields. The selected fields will be displayed in the hierarchy view.
Note: Only numeric and currency type fields can be rolled-up, everything else is displayed as is.
- Enable Calculate and Snapshot Weekly toggle to snapshot and store roll-up calculations. Then you can access the Account Hierarchy object from the Report Builder and see the historical data.
- Click SAVE.
Add Section to CS360 Layout(s)
Next, you'll select places where you want to make the Account Hierarchy visible. You can make the Account Hierarchy visible in the Customer 360, Account Widget, and Opportunity Widget.
1. Navigate to Administration > CS360 Layouts, and click edit on the relevant layout.
2. Drag-and-drop the Account Hierarchy section from the left pane to the right, and click the edit pencil.
3. Select the locations where you would like the section to appear.
Depending on where you enabled the visibility, users will be able to view the new Account Hierarchy section.
Using Account Hierarchy
After your administrator has defined Account Hierarchy, a user can visualize the Account Hierarchy section on the C360 page. Gainsight rolls up the revenue fields for you. For example, in the image below, Dana Marketing Inc has a revenue of $50, and since it is a child of Dame Belts & Bag Co Inc, the total revenue of both these companies is automatically rolled up to display a total revenue of $100.
- You can add any number of child accounts to a parent account.
- You can have only 5 levels of parent-child hierarchy, as shown in the image above.
- Aggregation options, such as Sum, Max, MIn, and Avg are available. The selected aggregation type is applied during roll ups.
Access Account Hierarchy from the Report Builder
You can access Account Hierarchy from the Report Builder area by selecting the Account Hierarchy object as the source.
Important: For this feature to work, Gainsight Email Service must be enabled at Administration > Email Configuration > Survey Email Setting.
Fetch Data from Child Accounts
On the C360 page, Admins can add a related list section to fetch records from a current account and its child accounts/subsidiaries. You can add any report with an Account lookup as a related list.
For example, if AAR Corp (Parent) has three subsidiaries (AAR Corp Asia-Pacific, AAR Corp North America, and AAR Corp Central America), then you can see the data from each of these subsidiaries with the help of the Show data from all children check box on the AAR Corp 360 page itself. The data may include Cases, Contracts, Subscriptions, and so on.