This article will walk you through how to assign a Gainsight License to a Salesforce User.
- This step is not necessary in Sandbox
- You must refer to Gainsight & SFDC Permission Sets while assigning Gainsight License to a Salesforce User.
By default, the user who installed Gainsight is assigned a license. This screen shows the number of Allowed Licenses and number of Used Licenses. Click Add Users to assign the remaining licenses.
- Admins may also need to add permission sets for some users in order for them to see the Gainsight app in their sfdc.com menu.
- If your organization uses the Gainsight Survey module, and creates a survey site in Salesforce, a license will be assigned to the survey user. The license is used only for survey site setup and does not have an associated cost. The survey license will, however, be added to your organization's total number of purchased licenses on the Gainsight Licenses page.
- If a user is granted a license but marked Inactive, they are still using a license. Unchecking the "Active" box just suspends their access. If you want to free up that license, you need to remove the inactive user.