ATTENTION: Documentation Updates are in ProcessWe are in the process of updating the screenshots, GIFs, and content to match the latest UX based on the Horizon Experience’s new look and feel. To learn more about the Horizon Experience in Gainsight PX, click here.
This article explains how you can integrate Gainsight PX with MindTouch to access knowledge center articles. When PX is configured with MindTouch, you can view and search all the articles available in MindTouch through Knowledge Center Bot. You can also restrict the Knowlege Center Bot to search only a specific area of your MindTouch Knowledge Base by setting the Facet field.
Must have MindTouch login credentials to generate API Token and Secret Key.
Why you need a server API Token?
Server API tokens are used to create integrations from your server application and the MindTouch API. The token consists of a key and a secret which are used to sign API requests, allowing valid requests through and rejecting invalid or expired requests. The token secret is meant to be kept in a secure place, and should never be shared or sent across the internet in plain text. For more information on how to generate a server API token in MindTouch, refer Generate a server API token article.
To create a connection between Gainsight PX and MindTouch:
- Login to Gainsight PX with your personal credentials. Gainsight PX Dashboard is displayed.
- Navigate to Settings > Integrations.
- Click the Settings icon. Mindtouch Docs Search window displays.
- Enter the Token and Secret Key which you have already generated in MindTouch.
- Set the Sub Domain field to the subdomain of your pages in Mindtouch (e.g. yourdomain.mindtouch.us)".
- In the Facet field, enter the sub-directory of your Mindtouch URL, to which you wish to restrict the search.
For example, consider your Mindtouch knowledge base URL has two sections www.mindtouch.com/p1 and www.mindtouch.com/p2. If you enter p1 in the Facet field, only those articles stored under p1 are displayed in search results. Similarly if you enter p2 in the Facet field, only those articles listed under p2 are displayed.
- Make sure User Name which you enter has Read only access.
- Click Apply.
- You can now check if the integration is successful by navigating to the Knowledge Center Bot.