This article explains the different types and uses of Standard Templates in PX Engagement Editor.
Engagement Templates in Editor helps to enhance the user experience of creating engagements for different use cases with reduced efforts. They function as ready to use templates that have customizable font style and layout dimensions across steps, where content and images can be added directly. The custom template that you create can also be saved as a default template for future use.
Standard Templates have the following configurable steps to create an engagement in the Editor:
- Dialog: A dialog is a configurable layout to add content and media. The size and the layout division in the dialog depends on the importance of information. For example: Release Announcements can be configured in large dialogs and announcements like system maintenance can be communicated in small or medium Dialogs.
- Hotspot: A hotspot is a pulsating beacon that is used to bring focus on a specific area or element on the feature or point out important information on the product interface. You can configure the hotspot as a less invasive engagement launch.
- Tooltip: A tooltip is an information box that can be attached to an UI component. Tooltip helps in providing additional information about the UI components and helps you to understand and navigate through the product easily.
To select Standard Templates:
- From the bottom pane of the in-app editor, click Select Template.
- From the Template Picker window, select the Template category.
- Select a standard template from the following options:
- Feature Walkthrough
- Release Announcements
- From the Step Picker window, select the steps for the Guide engagements.
- Click Apply.
Following are the different types of standard templates available in Editor:
Default Template provides extensive step layout options. These steps are consistent and are ready to use by replacing the content and media. The default templates can be configured based on your requirements.
Default templates can be used to:
- Create your own template from scratch using the different step layout options, and save it as your default template and reuse to create engagements quickly.
- Add steps to the existing engagement at your convenience.
Note: You can choose a few or all steps layouts available in the step picker according to your requirement.
Release Announcement Template
Release Announcement Template is a pre-built template that helps you create and personalize the product announcements in less time
Announcement Templates can be used to notify:
- Feature updates
- Release announcements
- Events notifications
Feature Walkthrough Template
Feature Walkthrough Templates have different dialog layout options with placeholders for images and content to describe the feature summary.
Feature walkthrough templates can be used to:
- Enhance interactive experience by mapping tool-tips on UI elements
- Convey a brief explanation of the new launched features to the users
- Provide navigation to the feature documentation
- Improve feature adaptability for the users
You can customize and personalize the standard templates at Global/Step level by
- Adding rows and media content in a dialog step
- Formatting the Engagement at global level
- Formatting the step dialog
- Configuring the step placement in the Engagement