ATTENTION: Documentation Updates are in ProcessWe are in the process of updating the screenshots, GIFs, and content to match the latest UX based on the Horizon Experience’s new look and feel. To learn more about the Horizon Experience in Gainsight PX, click here.
This article explains how to create and send Email Engagement to users who have not logged in within the last 30 days.
An Email engagement allows you to send emails to your users. This article explains how to create an Email engagement for users who have not logged in within the past 30 days.
Create Email Engagement
This section explains the procedure to create and send an email engagement.
To create an email engagement:
- Click the Engagements icon from the left pane.
- Click Create.
- Enter a name for the engagement.
- Select the Email engagement.
- Select a subscription, if you are using multiple subscriptions.
- (Optional) Enter a description.
- Click Create.
Set the Audience
This section explains how to set the audience for users who have not logged in within the past 30 days.
To set the audience:
- Click the Audience section.
- Click Users.
- Select Last seen from the drop-down menu.
- Select the MORE THAN operator.
- Type 30 in the text box.
This rule ensures that the Email engagement is triggered to only those users who have not logged in for the past 30 days.
Template Selection and Email Creation
This section explains the process of selecting templates and creating content for your emails.
- Click The Templates section.
- Select a template or create an Email from scratch.
Edit the Email content as required.
Set color for the Email background.
- Set the padding of the email content on all four sides.
- Click the Email settings icon.
- In the From drop-down menu, select the user from whose email address you wish to send the email. The email you select here will appear as the sender for the recipient. You can also select the sender from Senders tab. The Senders tab also allows you to create a new user, if the required user does not exist.
- Select a user from the Reply to drop-down menu. The selected user receives the email if the recipient replies.
- In the To drop-down menu, select a token to address the recipient.
- Enter a subject for the email.
- Click Apply.
- Click the click to preview icon to check how your email will be displayed on a desktop and mobile.
- (Optional) Click Send test to send a test mail.
Note: Steps 13-15 are applicable only if step 18 is executed.
- Select the sender’s email.
- Select the recipient's email.
- Click Send.
The recipient now receives a test mail.
While scheduling an Email engagement, you can only set a specific time and not a time range, as in the case of other engagements. The Email is triggered at the set time.
In the following image, the Email is triggered at 9pm on 2 Sep 2019, as per the Timezone setting.
To set a time range, you must enable the Recurring schedule. In the following image, all qualifying users will receive the Email on Monday evening at 9pm, during the selected date range; 22 Sep to 1 Oct, 2019.
Qualification Scope: The Email Qualification scope has the following options:
- Only Once: The Email is sent to user only once, even though the user matches the criteria multiple times.
- Every Time: The qualifying user receives the Email every time the scheduler is reset.
- Once every: Each user is re-qualified to receive the email within a specific schedule. The frequency at which the user receives the mail depends on the frequency selected in this field.