This article supports Gainsight NXT, the next evolution of the Customer Success platform. If you are using Gainsight CS Salesforce Edition, you can find supporting documentation by visiting the home page, and selecting CS > Salesforce Edition.
Not sure what your team is using? Click here.
Journey Orchestrator Overview
Journey Orchestrator is your center for automated communications. It leverages the power of automation to make your job easier as you communicate with customers at scale. For more information on the Journey Orchestrator overview, refer to the Journey Orchestrator and Automated Email Overview article listed under the Additional Resources section in this article.
With Gainsight’s Simple Programs, you can design single-step programs that guide your customers through email and in-app interactions to reach an enhanced outcome. You can configure these programs with a single participant source and with either an Email or PX Engagement action step.
Navigate to Journey Orchestrator > Programs to view a list of all programs.
Create New Simple Program
In the Programs List view page, take the following steps to create and configure a new simple program:
- Click Add Program > Simple Program (BETA). The New Simple Program dialog box is displayed.
- In the Name field, enter the name of the Program.
- In the Type field, select if the Program is configured for Company, Relationship, or User.
- (Optional) Select a folder for the new Program. If no folder is selected, the Program is moved to the Uncategorized folder. For more information about folders in Journey Orchestrator, refer to the Folder section in this article.
- (Optional) Enter a brief description of the program.
- Click Create. The Participants tab appears.
For more information, refer to the Add Participants to a Simple Program and Configure Action Types for Simple Program articles listed under the Additional Resources section in the article.
From the Programs page, users can toggle between the Program and Schedule tabs.
The Programs tab displays a list of existing Programs that include Simple Programs and Advanced Programs. You can see basic information regarding the Program from this view, filter the list for specific programs, and create and delete programs.
Programs are displayed on the list view page with the following columns:
- Name: The name of the program. The name is hyperlinked and clicking the name navigates you to the configuration page of a program.
- Status: Indicates the status of a program.
- Model Name: Indicates the type of model used to configure the programs.
- Type: Indicates either Company, Relationship, or User type of programs.
- Source: Type of sources selected for the program.
- Last Modified By: The name of the person who modified the program most recently.
- Last Modified Date: The date and time of when the program was last modified.
The Schedule tab displays a calendar view of engagements scheduled for programs and participant sources.
The following actions can be performed in the Schedule tab:
A. Today button: Navigate to a time period that displays the current day. After choosing any week or month, selecting Today will return you to the current day.
B. Time period navigation: Navigate back and forth between different time periods.
C. Time frame selection: Select either Day, Week, or Month as the time frame for the schedule view.
D. Search: Look up for specific Programs or Sources using their names.
E. Filters: Narrow down on specific programs using the Status, Model, Type, Source, or Schedule Type filters. To view the list of scheduled sources or programs, select Program, or Sources from the Schedule Type filters.
F. Schedule block: View the summary of the scheduled item.
G. Full schedule list: Click + more to view the full list of scheduled items for that day.
You can create folders on the Programs page to organize your programs accordingly. All the folders are displayed in the left pane of the Program List View. If you click any particular folder name, all the programs included in that folder are displayed in the right pane. Gainsight provides a default folder called Uncategorized, where all of the existing programs are stored. You cannot modify the name of this folder or delete it.
Each folder can have one level of subfolders nested beneath them. The Uncategorized folder cannot have subfolders but any Program in this folder can easily be moved to another folder whenever it is required.
To create a new folder:
- Click the Add new folder icon. The Add Folder dialog box is displayed on the screen.
- In the Folder Name field, enter a name for the folder.
- (Optional) Select a parent folder to nest the folder under.
- Click SAVE.
Move Programs to Folders
Once you’ve created a folder, you can move a program into it by taking the following steps:
- Select the Checkbox of the relevant program(s).
- Click Move to to display the Folders dropdown.
- (Optional) Click the search icon to search for folders by name.
- Click the relevant folder to move the program(s).
Note: One Program cannot be in multiple folders.
Click and drag folders to rearrange them. You can drag one folder to another to make it a nested subfolder.
Users can delete folders that have no other subfolders. Folders containing Programs can be deleted. You cannot delete the Uncategorized folder. To delete a folder, hover over it and click the delete icon.
You can get the list of specific programs in a Program tab by opting this feature.
The following are the four types of filters:
- Status - Filter the list view by Program status, such as: All, Draft, Scheduled, Active, Pause, Stop, Complete, and Publishing.
- Model - Filter the list view for Programs configured with specific model types such as All, NPS® Survey, Generic Survey, CSAT Survey, Email Chain, and Simple Program. For more information on program models, refer to the Available Models for Programs article listed under the Additional Resources section in this article.
- Type - Filter the list view by either Company, Relationship, or User Programs.
- Source - Filter the list view by Participants Source such as: Segment, CSV, Data Designer, Event and Query Builder.
To search for a program in the list view, take the following steps:
- Click the Search icon.
- Enter the name of the program.Enter the program name.
- Hit Enter to filter the list view for Programs with names that contain the text entered in the search bar. Click Enter to view the filtered program’s list.
Publish a Simple Program
Admins can publish the program immediately to launch the simple program. The following conditions must be met before we proceed:
- There are no configuration issues
- Tokens must be properly mapped
- To enable Publish button, all the mandatory configuration must be done in the participants and action tabs.
Admins can either choose to publish the program immediately or go through the scheduling process to launch the program at a predetermined date and time. However, the scheduling method is still approachable by many Admins when you want to schedule a program at a given specific time and date with desired location. Admins can also opt for One Time sync, or Recurring sync of the participants while publishing a program.
Journey Orchestrator supports two different methods of Publishing a Program:
- Publish Immediately
- Scheduling a Program
Once the program is configured, the Publish option is enabled. Admins can use this option to schedule a program immediately.
For more information on the program configuration, refer to the Add Participants to a Simple Program article from the Additional Resources Section.
To publish a program immediately:
- Navigate to the Administration > Programs tab > Action tab.
- Click Publish. The Program Schedule window appears.
- In the Sync section, select one of the following frequencies of adding participants to the program:
- One Time - Sync participants only once as soon as the program is published.
- Recurring - Sync based on the schedule until the program is active.
- From Start Date, click the Calendar icon.
- Select Immediately.
- Click Publish.
Note: After instant publication, a program can be scheduled, but not when it is published as scheduled. By default, the scheduled setting is disabled
Schedule a Program
Admins can schedule a program as per the desired date, and time zone. For more information, refer to the Schedule Tab.
To schedule a program:
- Navigate to the Administration > Program > Schedule tab.
- Select the required Time Zone from the Time Zone dropdown.
- Select the Day calendar view.
- From the calendar view, select Click to define schedule pointer. Or you can also click Publish. The Program Schedule window appears.
- From the Sync section, select Recurring.
- In the Schedule section, enter the following information:
- Start Date
- Start Time
- End Date
- Time Zone
Click Publish. The Program name appears on the calendar view at the scheduled time.
Users can control their view and navigation experience of the program list with the following controls at the bottom of the page.
Page Selection: Click the page number dropdown to select any page to navigate and use the arrows to navigate back and forth between pages.
- Programs per page: Click the Programs per page dropdown to select to display either 20, 40, or 60 programs per page.
You can view the following additional options when you click the three vertical dots icon of any program from different level of folders:
- When you are in ‘All’ Programs, the three vertical dots icon displays the following options in the dropdown:
When you are in any specific parent or child folder, the three vertical dots icon displays the following options in the dropdown:
Note: Any program under any parent or child folder doesn’t have the Delete option in the three vertical dots dropdown.
This option allows you to edit the configuration of the program.
This option navigates you to the pre-built analytic reports for that specific Program. For more information on Simple Program Analytics, refer to the Simple Program Analytics article listed under the Additional Resources.
View an activity feed for each participant. The activity feed appears as a flow diagram and displays each step of the participant journey in the Program. This includes when the participant was sent an email, how long the participant waited between each step, their responses to a survey, as well as if/when the participant was dropped from the program journey, and the failure reason.
This option allows you to create a copy of the program with the same configurations. The clone will have the same sources, but you still need to sync participants and publish the program to make it active. The application does not allow you to edit the cloned program until the cloning has completed.
This option allows you to delete the programs.
Note: Any active Program cannot be deleted.
You can see the execution history of any program listed in the All Programs page . To see the execution history, click on the Execution History option for a specific program from the three vertical dots dropdown menu. The Execution History page appears.
Status: Identifies the status of the program. The various status are:
- In progress: The program is currently being executed.
- Successful: This status is displayed when the program is successfully executed.
Failure: This status is displayed when the program fails to execute.
For more information on Simple Program and related information, refer to the following articles: