This article supports Gainsight NXT, the next evolution of the Customer Success platform. If you are using Gainsight CS Salesforce Edition, you can find supporting documentation by visiting the home page, and selecting CS > Salesforce Edition.
Not sure what your team is using? Click here.
IMPORTANT - Impacted Due to 6.32 April/May Release - Doc Update is in progress...
Due to the latest major release this month, this article has been impacted. Steps, images, and playable GIFs in this article will soon be updated to reflect the latest changes.
Gainsight Person is an object model with unique records to represent people in the real world. Person model is one of the Gainsight core standard objects which is associated with multiple Gainsight applications.
Gainsight Person data is stored in the following three objects:
- Company Person
- Relationship Person
There are different ingestion channels through which Person data can be loaded into Gainsight by Admins and users. The Gainsight system can also load Person data automatically while configuring the Participant list in Journey Orchestrator. The following sections explain how Gainsight Admins, users, and system load Person data into Gainsight through different ingestion channels.
Before ingesting data into the Company Person and Relationship Person objects, ensure that the associated Company and Relationship records are ingested into the Gainsight Company and Relationship objects.
Gainsight Admins can use the following channels to ingest data into Gainsight Person:
- Admins can sync Contact data from Salesforce to Gainsight Person through the Salesforce Connector Out of the box Company Person Sync job. For more information, refer to the Company Person Sync Job article mentioned in the Additional Resources section.
- Admins can ingest data into the Person, Company Person, Relationship Person objects through the Rules action type Load To People:
- Create an S3 Dataset to load data from CSV files in the S3 bucket. For instructions, refer to the S3 Dataset Task in Rules Engine article mentioned in the Additional Resources section. You can also create a dataset using the Salesforce object, if the Salesforce Connector is enabled in your org.
- Use the Load to People action type to insert or update records into the Person, Company Person, and Relationship Person objects. To learn more, refer to the Load to People article mentioned in the Additional Resources section.
- Admins can insert or update people manually (one at a time) or through a CSV file (bulk) and their associated details of Company or Relationship into Gainsight Person. For step-by-step instructions, refer to the People Management article mentioned in the Additional Resources section.
- Admins can sync people from the User object in Gainsight PX to the Person and Company Person objects. For step-by-step instructions, refer to the Gainsight PX Connector article mentioned in the Additional Resources section.
CSMs can add one Person at a time and associate them with the Company or Relationship from the C360 > Person or R360 > Person page respectively. For more information, refer to the Add a person record from C360/R360 article mentioned in the Additional Resources section.
A Person record is created automatically by the Gainsight system, when a participant email address added through the Participant configuration in the Journey Orchestrator (JO) Program does not exist already in the Person object. For more information, refer to the Add Participants to a Program article mentioned in the Additional Resources section.