This article supports Gainsight NXT, the next evolution of the Customer Success platform. If you are using Gainsight CS Salesforce Edition, you can find supporting documentation by visiting the home page, and selecting CS > Salesforce Edition.
Not sure what your team is using? Click here.
Cockpit Views provide the primary workspace for CSMs to manage their Calls to Action (CTAs) and Tasks. You can use Views to view only a particular set of CTAs. By default, this option provides you with five default views: My CTAs, My CTAs Due This Week, CTAs With Upcoming Renewal, Overdue CTAs, High Priority Overdue CTAs. Users can now save Cockpit filter conditions as a Custom View. The custom view can be modified, as well as re-named. The CTAs are displayed based on the view selected.
Use case: For instance, as a CSM, you may want to present a view with CTAs based on some criteria and you do not want to modify or make any changes to an existing view. Here is where Custom Views comes into the picture. You can create a custom view that acts as a primary workspace for you to manage your Calls to Action (CTAs) and Tasks. You can customize it the way you would like to and apply filters to view CTAs that suit your requirements. It only makes your job easier.
Note: Admins can also configure Custom Views for Cockpit views based on Reason, Priority, etc. using the Custom Views section in the Call to Action (CTA) page. The option to create Custom Views is only available in the Global tab. For more information on how Admin can configure custom views, refer to the Custom Views article.
For more information about commonly used filters, refer to the Cockpit List View: Commonly Used Filters article.
The default views are:
- My CTAs: Consists of CTAs assigned to the logged-in user and/or CTAs for which the logged-in user is the owner for one or more tasks.
- My CTA’s Due this Week: Consists of all CTAs for customers that are due this week, assigned to the logged-in user. This list also includes the CTAs for which the logged-in user is the owner for one or more tasks.
- Overdue CTAs: Displays the list of CTAs which are past the due date.
- High Priority Overdue CTAs: Displays the list of CTAs whose Status is marked High and are past the due date.
Create Custom View
Perform the following steps to create a new custom view:
- Navigate to the Cockpit.
- From the Cockpit List View dropdown option, click Create New View. The Create New View page appears.
- Enter the name for the view.
- Enter the details of the six default filters: Due Date, Owner, Type, Reason, Status, Priority.
- (Optional) For additional filters, enable the Advanced toggle switch.
- Click Add Filter. Enter the fields, operators, and values of the filters.
Note: You can add multiple filters and use advanced logic options (AND/OR). For more information, refer to the Advanced Filters section.
The Advanced filters gives you the option to further narrow in on the specific data you are looking for. When you apply the advanced filters, the basic filters are carried forward.
To apply advanced filters:
- Navigate to the Cockpit List View page and select the view from the dropdown list.
- Click the Edit icon on the view. The Update View page appears.
- In the Filters section, enable the Advanced toggle switch for adding additional filters.
- Click Add Filter.
- Enter the fields, operators, and values of the filters.
- Click ‘+’ icon at the end of a filter to add more filters.
- Click ‘x’ icon at the end of a filter to delete that particular filter.
Note: You can apply multiple filters simultaneously using advanced logic options (AND/OR).
Modify Existing View
Perform the following steps to modify an existing view:
- Navigate to the Cockpit List View page.
- From the Cockpit List View dropdown option, select the view and click the Edit icon. The Update View page appears.
- Modify the details of the filters as per your requirement.
- Click Update.
You can also Edit view from your currently selected view by clicking the ellipsis in the top right corner.
Perform the following steps to delete a view:
- Navigate to the Cockpit List View page.
- Select the view from the dropdown list and click the Delete icon. The confirmation message is displayed.
- Click Yes, to delete the view.
You can also Delete View from your currently selected view by clicking the ellipsis in the top right corner.