This article supports Gainsight NXT, the next evolution of the Customer Success platform. If you are using Gainsight CS Salesforce Edition, you can find supporting documentation by visiting the home page, and selecting CS > Salesforce Edition.
Not sure what your team is using? Click here.
This article explains the Cockpit List view and the various options available.
When you navigate to Cockpit from the left pane, you can see the list of CTAs. This is the CTA List View page. The List view provides the primary workspace for CSMs to manage their Calls to Action (CTAs) and Tasks. Alternatively, if the Cockpit is configured as a separate section in C360, CSMs can work on individual customer's CTAs and tasks there.
Cockpit Display Options
Cockpit List view provides you with drop-down menus, search boxes, filtering options, and other useful tools. You can use these options to view only a specific list of CTAs, group the CTAs, create new CTAs, export CTAs and so on.
The options present in Cockpit List view are:
You can use this option to view only a particular set of CTAs. This option provides you with five default views. The CTAs are displayed based on the view selected. The available views are:
- High Priority Overdue CTA’s: Consists of all CTAs for customers which are high priority and the due date has passed.
- My CTA’s Due this Week: Consists of all CTAs for customers that are due this week, assigned to the logged-in user. This list also includes the CTAs for which the logged-in user is the owner for one or more tasks.
- Overdue CTA’s: Consists of CTAs whose due date has passed.
- My CTAs: Consists of CTAs assigned to the logged-in user and/or CTAs for which the logged-in user is the owner for one or more tasks.
Create New View
CSMs can also create their own views by clicking the Create Custom View option from the CTA Views dropdown menu. For more information on how to create custom views, refer to the Custom Views in Cockpit article.
Note: Admin configured Custom Views are also displayed in the CTA views list in the Cockpit page for CSMs. For more information on how Admins can configure custom views, refer to the Custom Views article.
You can use the Search CTA search box to quickly find the required CTA. You can type the name of the CTA or Company name in the search box. All CTAs matching your name are displayed.
The Group By options in the CTA List View include:
- Created Date: This option allows you to Group CTAs under three categories, based on the dates on which they were created. The categories are:
- Today: This category contains a list of CTAs which were created today.
- Last 15 Days: This category contains a list of CTAs which were created in the last 15 days.
- Older than 15 days: This category contains a list of CTAs which were created more than 15 days ago.
- Due Date (Due): This option allows you to Group CTAs under four categories, based on the due dates. The categories are:
- Today: This category contains a list of CTAs which are due today.
- Last 15 Days: This category contains a list of CTAs with a due date in the past 15 days.
- Next 15 days: This category contains a list of CTAs with a due date in the next 15 days.
- Upcoming: This category contains a list of CTAs which are due in the future.
Note: When grouped by Due Date, closed CTAs are not displayed even though they are filtered.
- Company/Relationship: This option groups the CTAs based on the company/relationship for which they have been created. Clicking the Company/Relationship name navigates users to the C360 page.
- Type: This option groups CTAs based on their types. The categories for this option are based on the CTA types available in your organization.
- Status: This option groups CTAs based on their Status. The categories for this option are based on the CTA Status available in your organization.
- Priority: This option groups CTAs based on their priorities. The categories for these options are based on the CTA priorities available in your organization.
- Reason: This option groups CTAs based on the reason for which they were created.
- Source: This option groups CTAs based on the source of their creation. The available categories are Rules, Manual, and Journey Orchestrator.
- None: This option shows all CTAs. When you use this option, all the CTAs are displayed without any grouping. The CTAs are displayed based on the option selected in the Sort By field.
Note: The default view filters cannot be modified.
You can also Update/Apply the filters directly from the Cockpit List View page.
For more information on how to add and edit filters to the view, refer to the Custom Views in Cockpit article.
This option (button) allows you to create a CTA manually. Manually created CTAs are grouped under the Manual category when you apply the Source option in the Group by field. For more information about adding CTAs manually, refer to the Create Manual Calls to Action (CTAs) & Tasks article.
Click the ellipsis to view the following additional options:
- Edit View
- Delete View
Users can click the ellipsis > Edit View to edit the selected view.
Users can click the ellipsis > Delete View to delete the selected view.
Users can click the ellipsis > Export to export the following:
- Export CTAs
- Export Tasks
- Export Both
When you export the CTAs, all the CTAs displayed after applying filters are exported. To export the complete list of CTAs, do not apply any filter. Files are exported as Comma Separated Values (.csv) file. When the export is completed, the logged-in user receives an email. The CSV file is attached to the email.
Users can directly edit the following Standard fields from the Cockpit List View page using the Inline Editing feature:
- Due Date
For more information, refer to the Inline Editing in Cockpit List View article.
Other List View Options
From the Cockpit list view, you can also:
- Select the radio button of a CTA that you want to close.
- Hover over the CTA name to click the Star to mark the CTA as an important item. Star marked CTAs are marked in blue.
- Click the # of Tasks to view the associated tasks in the Tasks tab of the CTA detail view.
- Add any number of fields from Standard and Custom objects to view in columns of the Cockpit List view page. However, CTA Name, Status, and Tasks fields cannot be removed from the list view. To add columns to your list view:
- Navigate to the Cockpit List View page.
- Select the view from the dropdown list.
- Click the Add columns to your view (+) icon at the end of the column bar. The Add Columns screen appears.
- Search or select the field names from the list.
- Click Apply.
You can reorder columns and sort columns directly from the Cockpit List View page.