Data operation is an Administration page that helps Admins view, edit, and delete the existing records in the Gainsight standard objects Company and Relationship. It helps to view and delete the existing records from the custom objects. Admins can also add new records in the standard objects through this page. It is a channel through which Admins can insert or update data in the mentioned standard objects similar to the existing connectors, S3 Connector and Gainsight Bulk API. Admins can sync SFDC data into these MDA standard objects through Gainsight Connect.
You can just view and delete records in the custom object from the Data Operations page but cannot edit or add new records.
Data Operation Screen
To visit the Data Operation page:
- Navigate to Administration > Data Operation.
- Select a Gainsight object, Company or Relationship or any custom object.
Admins can see the following options in the Data Operation page:
- Select Object: Select an MDA object, Company or Relationship, or any custom object in which you want to view or edit the existing records and add new records.
- Total record count: Displays the total number of records existing in the object that you have selected.
- Delete: If you select the record(s) that you want to delete and click this button, the selected records will be deleted.
- Refresh: If you click this button, it reloads the page and displays the exact number of records available now.
- Manage Columns: This option helps you filter and display records in the object as per your requirement. If you click this button, you can see all the fields available in the object to add fields, operators, and values based on your requirements. To apply the filters:
- Select a field in the object.
- Select an operator, greater or equal, greater than, less or equal, less than, etc.
- You can select the checkbox to include the null records while applying the filters.
- Click + ADD FILTER to add multiple filters. You can add operators like AND and OR between the filters while applying filters. Applying filters fetch the users list as per the requirement.
- Click the Delete button to remove the already applied filters.
- Click APPLY to apply the added filters, then the records are displayed as per the selected filters.
- When you click the Refresh button, the applied filters are removed and all records are shown in the Data Operation page.
- Filter Results: You can select the fields in the object that you want to display in the Data Operation screen. You can Check All, Uncheck All, or Apply the selected fields.
- + RECORD: This option helps you add new records in the object. For more information, refer the section Adding a new record.
View and Edit existing records in the Standard objects
To view or edit the information in an existing record in an object:
- Select an MDA standard object, Company or Relationship.
- Click the View or Edit button in a specific record. View or Edit screen appears.
- In the View screen, you can view all of the system, standard, and custom fields in the object.
- In the Edit screen, you can edit values in the standard and custom fields but you can only view the values in the system fields in the object.
- To edit values in the standard or custom fields of a record, make the required changes in the Edit screen and click Update.
- To identify the system fields in an object:
- Navigate to Administration > Data Management > [Select any standard object mentioned above].
- Identify the system fields that have Data Editability value is No.
Add a new record
To add a new record to the MDA standard object:
- Select an MDA standard object Company or Relationship.
- Click + RECORD. Add screen appears.
- Enter values in the standard and custom fields. You cannot enter values into the system fields.
Note: Entering a value in the Name field is mandatory.
This section describes the process of deleting records in the Company, Relationship, or a Custom object from the Data Operation page.
- There is no way to recover the deleted record(s), so be sure before deleting the existing Company and Relationship records.
- Deleting the Company or Relationship records will affect any associated Programs and Outreaches. For more information on these effects, refer to Adding Participants to a Program and Create Journey Orchestrator Power Lists (aka, email contact list).
- Make sure that records from SFDC objects, Customer Info and GS Relationship are deleted first, before using Data Operations, as GS Connect will sync these records from SFDC again to the MDA object that Data Operation page pull from.
To delete an existing record in the Company or Relationship, or any custom object from the Data Operation page:
- Navigate to Administration > Data Operation.
- Select the MDA object, either Company or Relationship, or any custom object.
- Select the checkboxes of the records that you want to delete.
- Click the Delete record icon in the page header. You will get a confirmation message that has link to the current object graph to check all the dependencies. For more information on the Object Graph, refer Gainsight Data Management.
- Click CONFIRM to complete deleting the selected records.
Mass Delete Records
You can use the Mass Delete feature to delete up to 5000 records. This feature is useful when you need to delete bulk records.
- When you select the global check box, all the records (up to 5000) are selected which satisfy the applied filters (if any). If you have not applied any filters, all the records (up to 5000) are selected.
- Records are deleted in the order of their created dates. Old records are deleted first followed by the new ones.
- Cascade delete is honored while deleting records; the dependent record’s field value is set based on the value selected in the On Delete field.
- You must use the global check box to select all of the 5000 records. Once all of the records are selected, you can delete the records using the Delete icon.
To mass delete records:
- Navigate to Administration > Operations > Data Operation.
- Select the Company or Relationship, or any custom object from the Select Object dropdown.
- Select the global check box. All the records displayed on the current page are selected and a message is displayed on the screen as shown below.
- Click the Select all N record(s) in Company hyperlink. This option selects all of the records which match the criteria and not just the records displayed on the current page.
Note: If you do not apply any filters, all the records in the Company Object are selected.
- Click Clear selection. This option selects all of the records that are displayed on the current page and not all of the records matching the criteria.
- Click the Delete icon. The Delete Record window is displayed.
- (Optional) Click the here hyperlink to view the Object Graph which displays dependent Objects on the selected object.
- Click CONFIRM to delete the selected records.