Prep Work & Vault Assets
Below is the prep-work for this tutorial, which includes Report assets to download from Vault.
In this section, we’ll guide you through implementing the business challenge process. It’s important to keep in mind that every customer instance is unique; while following these examples you may need to make customizations to suit your business processes.
The Gainsight features we will use for this exercise: Reports, Dashboards.
Using Gainsight’s Report Builder feature, you'll build multiple reports that can be used to give management insight into CSMs’ workload and impact. This information can then be used to help management balance workloads, assign accounts and overall better manage their CSM team.
Step 1: Review Cockpit Analytics
The Cockpit Analytics tab is Gainsight’s out of the box reporting feature to help you understand how your team is managing their CTAs.
To access and review Cockpit Analytics, navigate to:
- Cockpit > Expand secondary navigation on the left > click Reports > Click Leaderboard
- Review open and closed CTAs by CSM to determine bandwidth and productivity for that particular time period
- Sort by ARR to review which CSMs have the most ARR at risk
- Click one of the colored bars for a CSM to review the specific customers – you have quick access to the C360 by clicking a customer name
- Review the Tasks (Open/Closed) to determine the CSMs workload
Step 2: Download Reports & Create Dashboard
See Configure CSM Manager Dashboard for instructions.
Now that you’ve built a dashboard, you could add additional reports to it. Here’s a few Vault Assets to consider:
- Count of NPS Response Type by CSM
- List of Open Upsell Opportunities
- Sum of Upsell Pipeline ARR by Account by CSM
- Sum of ARR by Industry
- Sum of Account ARR by CSM by Team
Additional Dashboards for Implementation:
Additional Best Practices Resources
The following resource may be most useful for your VP of CS and CSM team:
- Managing Dashboards & Reports best practices webinar
Additional Configuration Resources
If you need additional information about how to build reports, see the resources below: