This article explains the contents and purpose of the various sections typically included in the Customer 360 DETAILS page. The DETAILS page gives you a 360-degree view of your customers in one place - from usage to sentiment to the executive relationship. To access the Customer 360 view, click on the customer name hyperlink from anywhere within Gainsight. To learn more about the 360 Timeline view, refer to Use C360 or R360 Timeline to Log Activities.
Admins can configure the following standard sections on a Customer 360 Details page using Configure Custom C360 Layouts:
- Success Plans
Note: This view is customizable and Admins can add or remove sections using the C360 Layouts.
In the top banner of the Customer 360 Details view you will see:
- Customer Name
- Customer Status
- Follow - This will indicate if you have subscribed to receive notifications for this customer. Click the plus sign to subscribe. When followed you will see a blue check box.
- Customer search box - Click the orange down arrow to change phrase operator from starts with to contains. If you are tracking usage by instance, you can search by customer or instance (see screenshot below)
- Show/Hide Salesforce Banner - Click the chevron to show or hide the Salesforce banner.
- Click the three dots to view the related account, opportunities, or contacts; and Share C360 that enables CSMs/AMs to share customer information (in read-only mode) with non Gainsight/SFDC users. For more information about the Share 360 option, refer to the Shared 360 Overview (For CSMs) article.
- Tag the customer with keywords for searching and reporting.To learn more about how to add and report on tags, refer to How to Use Customer Tags.
- Click a tile (or scroll) to navigate to a section within the 360 view.
- Export - If enabled, you can export an individual Customer 360 view which will be emailed to you in the form of a PDF.
Note: Currently, the Export feature supports only $ as currency. Therefore, if you are using a different currency format in your org, it might appear as $ when using the Export feature.
You can also export an individual Success Snapshot template from this page. Once the export is completed, as a logged-in user, you will receive an email with the PowerPoint attached. This PowerPoint Presentation contains the data that is filtered based on the information available in the C360 page for the specific customer/account.
- You can open the exported Success Snapshot template in Microsoft PowerPoint or Google Slides, however, Apple Keynote files are currently not supported.
- If your Success Snapshot template includes a Success Plan placeholder, it will be included in the export.
- If you don't see your template in the drop-down menu on the C360, it may be because the last person viewing or editing the template did not click "Done" on the SLIDE OUTLINE tab, which validates the template and makes it visible in the C360.
Search by Instance or Customer
- Status Gainsight field with options of Active or Inactive
- Industry Salesforce Account field
- Stage Gainsight field used to track the stage such as Go Live, Implementation, etc..
- Comments Gainsight field used to add important notes about the customer.
You can add a maximum of 6 fields in the left pane of the Summary section. For example, you can add the following fields in the left pane of the Summary section:
- Orig. Cont. Date
- Renewal Date
- Lifetime in Months
- Days to Renew
- ARR MRR
- One-time Rev
- NPS Score - depending on the configuration of this section within the C360 layout, this score might be displayed as an average of all responses to the survey, or the 'actual' score that has not been calculated as an average.
Click Edit to make changes to the following data:
For more information on how to configure the Summary section, refer to Customer 360 Summary Section Configuration.
In the Scorecard section, you can track customer health over time from qualitative (e.g. relationship) and quantitative (for example, usage) metrics to quickly prioritize engagement and boost revenue. To learn more about Scorecard Configuration, refer to Configure Account Scorecards.
There are three different views within this section. At the top of each view, you will always see the overall score with a trend arrow showing up, down or same. The compact and detail views include an area for you to track your customer goals. Click the chevron to expand and collapse the goals section.
Click to update an individual score. Hover over to see comments. To edit comments use the detail view.
For information on how to manually update scores, refer to How to Update Customer Health Scorecards.
This view will only be available if you have enabled Scorecard History Tracking. To learn more about this feature, refer to Configure Account Scorecard History.
The attributes section allows you to see data from the Salesforce account record. To learn more about customizing this section, refer to Configure Customer360 Attributes Section.
- You can now perform inline edits to the attributes section by double-clicking the attributes. However, you cannot make inline edits to the non-editable fields.
The Transactions section allows you to see a chronological timeline of your customers' entire purchase history including upsells, downsells, renewals and losses. Transactions can be synced over as opportunities are closed or you can manually enter a transaction. To learn more about administering transactions, check out these articles:
In the features section you can track entitlements, modules or feature sets enabled for the customer.
Person section in C360 can be used to view the list of people associated with a company based on data from Gainsight Person Model. In the Person section, you can view records of people that you interact with while working with the Customer. You can add, edit, and, delete person records from the this section.
Add a person record
To add a new Person record:
- Navigate to Customers tab.
- Click the customer for whom a new record must be added. The C360 window is displayed for the selected customer (here it is AAR Corp Abscoa division).
- Navigate to the Person section.
- Click + PERSON. The Add Person dialog box appears.
- Enter information in any of the fields and click SEARCH. The Search performed here uses the logical OR condition between the fields.
The list of records matching the search criteria is displayed. The list of Persons who are associated with other companies are also displayed. However, if a Person is already associated with the current Company and if you try to add that person again, you receive an error message.
Note: If the required person is not found, click ADD NEW PERSON. While associating a person record to a new customer, the previous company associations will not appear.
- To add a new person, click ADD NEW PERSON. The Add Person window is displayed.
- In the Add Person window:
- Enter the Email address of the person, in the Email field.
- Enter the name of the person, in the Name field.
- Click SAVE.
You cannot add a person record, if the email address is already present.
You can associate an existing person record to a new customer and specify different metadata such as a different Role.
If a person record is already associated with the current company, then you cannot create the person record.
If your admin has configured fields for Company Association, they are displayed in the Company Association section.
Edit a Person Record
You can edit Person records from the Person section of the C360 page. To edit person records:
- Click a required person record. The Person detailed view is displayed.
- Select a field from the detailed view and select a value.
- Click Save (checkmark icon). The details will be saved.
Note: You cannot add/modify info from a field if Edit Permissions are not granted.
Delete a Person Record
When you delete this record, fields in other objects that are joined with the current object (Relationship Person) will honor the On Delete option selected in the MDA Joins of those fields. The Delete operation is applied to multiple dependency levels. You can find these dependencies (MDA Joins) in the Object Graph of any object. To see Object Graph of an object, navigate to Administration > Data Management > [Select an object] > Object Graph left pane. For more information, refer Creating Object Graph in MDA Objects.
You can delete a record from the Person section in the C360 page. When you delete this record, fields in other objects that are joined with the current object (Company Person) will honor the On Delete option selected in the MDA Joins of those fields. The Delete operation is applied to multiple dependency levels. You can find these dependencies (MDA Joins) in the Object Graph of any object. To see Object Graph of an object, navigate to Administration > Data Management > [Select an object] > Object Graph left pane. For more information, refer Creating Object Graph in MDA Objects.
Following are the impacts after deleting a record from the Person section in the C360 page:
Record is deleted only from Company Person Object.
The corresponding record in the Relationship Person Object is also deleted.
Master person record is not deleted from the Person Object.
To delete a record from the Person section of the C360 page:
Navigate to the C360 > Person section.
Click the delete button, for the record to be deleted.
Search for a Person Record
You can search for a Person record from the search section. You can search for a person based on the name or Email field. All records matching the search criteria, are returned.
You can also filter the Person list in C360 based on any attributes of Company Person / Person objects. For more information on Company Person or Person objects, see Company Person documentation.
To filter Person records:
- Click the Filter icon.
- Select a field from the drop-down list.
- Select an operator.
- Specify a value for the field.
- (Optional) Click + ADD FILTERS, to add more filters.
- Click APPLY. The person's list will be refined based on the filter conditions.
- (Optional) Click the Refresh icon, to remove the filters.
In the Usage section you can see adoption metrics, date-based noteworthy actions called Milestones, and Usage Tracker.
The survey section includes two tabs that display survey data that was collected using the NPS methodology:
- NPS Responses Displays aggregated customer ratings using the NPS methodology
Note: Depending on the configuration of this section within the C360 layout, this score might be displayed as an average of all responses to the survey, or the 'actual' score that has not been calculated as an average.
- Survey Responses Displays User-specific with a link to the actual survey responses
To learn more about Surveys check out the article NPS Analytics.
Relationships is a new object in Gainsight that can be used to model multiple perspectives by creating relationship types and relationships, which eventually helps your CS team manage the success of each relationship. Relationships takes CS beyond managing Accounts. It helps CS manage each connection point (Relationship) with your customer. For more information on relationships, refer to Relationship Overview.
Success Plans help CSMs monitor and drive success with individual customers based on objectives and criteria that you define. With Success Plans, a new Call to Action (CTA) type is introduced called Objectives. Success Plans may be composed of one or more Objective CTAs, and may include associated Tasks, either manually created or applied through Playbooks. For more information on success plans, refer to Create Success Plans in the C360.