Gainsight NXTGainsight helps innovative companies protect and nurture their most valuable asset - their customers - with the power of our award-winning platform. With our Customer Success Solution, you can gain deeper insights into customer behavior, operationalize the customer lifecycle, and coordinate actions and results across teams.
This article supports Gainsight NXT, the next evolution of the Customer Success platform. New and upgraded customers are deployed on Gainsight NXT.
If you have not upgraded and are using Gainsight Salesforce Edition, you can find supporting documentation here.
Not sure what your team is using? Click here.
This article explains on how CSMs can share a Success Plan with internal users or external contacts through email. The Success Plan must be configured for sharing by admin, with optional security settings.
For more information on how admins can configure a Success Plan for sharing, see the Configure Success Plan for Sharing article.
Share the Success Plan
The following procedure explains on how to share an individual Success Plan. For more information on how to add a Success Plan as a section in the Share 360 Layouts, refer << Configure Shared 360 >> TBA. To share the Success Plan:
- Navigate to C360 page of a customer > Success Plans.
- Click Share Plan in the Success Plan options. The Share Plan dialog appears.
- Select Share with option with either Users or Persons to share plan with either internal users or external contacts respectively.
- Select the Exclude tasks checkbox to exclude the Success Plan tasks in the shared output.
Notes: For sharing with persons, the Allow Sharing with Persons (External) option must be enabled in the Success Plan. When a plan is marked for external sharing, all the corresponding Objectives are also marked for external sharing. However, you can uncheck this option in the individual Objectives to mark those Objectives for internal sharing only. By default, all success plans are marked for internal sharing only.
For a Success Plan where specific sections/objectives are marked for external sharing, and that Success Plan is shared with persons, only those sections/objectives that were marked for external sharing are displayed to the recipient (person). Whenever a Success Plan is shared with internal users, all the sections/objectives are displayed to the recipient (user) by default.
Once marked for external sharing, the global sharing icon appears next to the Success Plan name and objective detail view.
When external sharing is enabled, the Success Plan appears in Shared 360 layout that can be shared with persons.
- Click PREVIEW. Shared Success Plan layout is displayed in another tab.
- Click SHARE. The Email Success Plan window is displayed.
- In the Send to drop-down list, Persons or Users is displayed based on what you have selected in Success Plan window.
- Add the required users or persons in the Choose Users/Choose Persons field.
- For sharing a Success Plan with Users (internal users), the recipient must be added as a User into the User object. For more information on how a user can be added, refer to the Gainsight User Object article. Success Plans can be shared with anyone who are added to the User object. By default, all Success Plans are marked for internal sharing (with users).
- For sharing with Persons (external customer contacts), the recipient must be added as a Person into the Person object model. For more information on how to add external contacts, refer to Gainsight Person Object Model.
- Specify a subject and note in the Subject and Note fields respectively. By default, the subject is “<success plan name> for <customer>”.
- Click SEND.
Icons and Descriptions
|Indicates that sharing has been enabled for external contacts (in addition to internal users)|
|Indicates that sharing has been enabled only for internal users|
|Enables you to share plan with users or contacts|
View the Success Plan
When the Success Plan is shared, a notification is sent to the recipient's email address. The email notification includes a link expiration date and One Time Password (OTP) verification. Recipients must perform the following steps to access the Success Plan:
- Click the Click here to view button in the email notification.
- Admins can modify the shared active links, revokes access, and perform actions to manage the layouts and links shared. When recipients click the Click here to view button to access a link that has been revoked, they are asked to contact the person who shared the link to request a valid link.
- In case the link is expired or OTP access is invalid, the same message is displayed.
- In both the cases mentioned above, recipients must contact the person (CSM/AM) who shared the link.
- If your admin did not enable the OTP option, you can share the Success Plan as a link with others who are outside of Gainsight. You can either forward the email that you have received or you can also copy the URL and send it through email and email assist.
- Click SEND to request an OTP to be sent to the registered email ids.
- Check the mail inbox. Recipients receive an email that contains OTP.
IMPORTANT: This OTP is time sensitive and expires in case of repeated unsuccessful attempts. Recipients should re-initiate the access request in case the OTP is expired.
- Enter OTP to access the link.
- If recipients do not receive the OTP, they should click RESEND.
Note: The OTP is valid for 5 minutes. If it expires, the recipients must send a request to the CSM/AM to share the Success Plan again.
- Click VALIDATE. The shared Success Plan is displayed.