Gainsight NXTGainsight helps innovative companies protect and nurture their most valuable asset - their customers - with the power of our award-winning platform. With our Customer Success Solution, you can gain deeper insights into customer behavior, operationalize the customer lifecycle, and coordinate actions and results across teams.
This article supports Gainsight NXT, the next evolution of the Customer Success platform. New and upgraded customers are deployed on Gainsight NXT.
If you have not upgraded and are using Gainsight Salesforce Edition, you can find supporting documentation here.
Not sure what your team is using? Click here.
Surveys is Gainsight’s built-in survey tool. With Surveys, admins can design and distribute highly customized surveys that capture customer insights and transform them into actionable next steps for your organization. You can easily create multi-page surveys with a variety of question types, including multiple choice, matrix, and a standard NPS question type.
The benefits of using Surveys include:
- Integration - connect your surveys with other features in Gainsight, such as Journey Orchestrator, CTAs, etc.
- Actionability - trigger action items based on survey responses in order to drive expansion or mitigate risks.
- Customization - leverage a wide range of options including question types, survey branching, multilingual support, inline email questions and other settings.
A Domain and Site must be created to host the Survey. The site must be configured to be linked to the survey response page. Contact your Admin to get a Domain and Site as required to host a Survey. For information on this process, refer to Setup a Gainsight Domain.
You can trigger CTAs based on survey responses through the Program configuration. Skip Logic and Display Logic enables Admins to control the flow of survey questions and the Question Library can store and import questions from survey to survey.
Gainsight surveys are tightly integrated with the rest of the platform, offering the following out-of-the-box functionalities:
- Update health score of customer based on survey responses
- Create CTA and tasks based on survey responses
- View NPS scores directly in the C360 or R360
- Distribute surveys via Journey Orchestrator email, which can send messages to a dynamic list of contacts based on customer and contact criteria
- Closed loop feedback management using Program models
- NPS Analytics
Survey List View
Navigate to Surveys > Survey List to open the Survey List view. You can see all surveys that have been created in this view.
You can view basic details about each survey, filter the list for specific surveys, create, and delete surveys.
Each survey in the list view displays the following information:
- Survey name
- Date of recent activity on the Survey (Created date / Last Modified on / Last Responded on / Closed on)
- Entity Type (Company or Relationships)
- Number of responses
- Number of questions
You can use the search bar at the top to filter the survey list by survey name as well as the Entity and Status drop-down fields to filter the survey list by specific entity type and status respectively.
You can use additional options in each Survey in the list view by clicking the three vertical dots button at the right of each survey. Additional options include:
- Analyze: view the survey analytics.
- Clone: create a clone of the survey.
- Delete: delete the survey.
- Close: close a currently published survey. This option is available only for published surveys.
Question Library and NPS Analytics
Other pages under the Survey module include the Question Library and NPS Analytics. With the Question Library, you can save and important questions from one survey to the next, and NPS Analytics displays out-of-the-box reports analyzing NPS responses from across surveys. For more information on the Question Library and NPS Analytics pages, refer to Surveys Question Library and NPS Analytics Overview respectively.