Timeline is the official record of your customers. It allows you to log information regarding customer interactions in a way that enables you to quickly gather insights and drive action. The Timeline View in the Customer or Relationship 360 allows you to log and view activities that help you track customer interactions over the course of a customer’s lifecycle.
The benefits of using Timeline include:
- Standardization - ensure that you have a single source of truth for your customer history
- Collaboration - facilitate collaboration by making your notes available to others in your organization
- Integration - link your notes to your contacts, CTAs (Calls to Action), etc. to paint a clearer picture of your customer
- Usability - leverage the chronological, “feed-style” interface to quickly understand your customer history
- Reportability - report on your activities to drive customer insights and operational improvements
Timeline can be accessed in three different areas within Gainsight, as described below.
The Timeline tab offers a global view of all activities from all sources for all accounts and relationships in one centralized place. Users can create new activities from the Timeline tab, and edit activities and drafts if you are the author.
360 > Timeline
The Timeline View in the Customer or Relationship 360 allows you to log and view activities that help you track customer interactions over the course of a customer’s lifecycle.
Cockpit > CTA Detail View > Timeline
The Timeline tab in the CTA Detail View allows you to log activities for a specific CTA. These activities will also appear in the Timeline View in the Customer 360.